midfield

bluenoz

There is no creativity in that midfield. Long gone are the days when we had players like Ferguson, Mendes or McCall. Players that could single handedly change a game. Windass, Candeias, Holt and Jack can all run like fuck but they lack basic skills like passing a ball five yards to feet. They have no vision and the amount of times they give possession away is astounding. Kids like Barjonas & Thompson etc may be young but they have more skills than those four combined. They are not the solution either but midfield wins or loses games more often than not and to me that is the root of our problem.

I'd love for our players to find some decent form.

They keep asking for consistency from referee's. I'd like some consistency from them, in a good way

Some of them have the ability, they just don't show it enough.

The 3-0 sheep game is what we want in every game, not 1 in 10 games.

Just when we look as if we've turned the corner, they go and get beat, at home, by St Johnstone, fucking infuriating so it is. It's like being on a roller coaster ride, the ups are great, but the downs are bad.

I was starting to look forward to the game against the taigs,I'm now back to dreading it again.??

Far too often our midfield looks powder puff.  We need a couple of solid, no nonsense, ball winners, that'll help us stamp our authority on games.  

I watched an interview of SAF regarding Gazza.  During that interview SAF spoke about having 'three lions' at the centre of the pitch.  I think he knew, even decades ago, the importance of grit and a 3 man midfield.  We need guys in there who will fight for us.

Weakest part of our team yet look at this list of names Kranjar, Pena, Dorrans, Rossiter, McCrorie, Jack, Windass, Barjonas, Holt, Candeias, Dalcio, O'Halloran, Halliday, Nemane and Burt. 

15 fucking players on our books who are midfielders. 15! I would bin 11 of them tmrw morning. Without even batting an eye lid. Dreadful squad management. Not sure this board could raise a fee for any of them. 

It would help it we had someone in there capable of scoring, or at the very least consistently making the goalkeeper work, from distance. Teams can afford to give us plenty of time and space as invariably we'll fanny about then try and play it out wide or backwards and give the ball away. If we had a genuine goal threat in the middle of the park at least it would give the opposition something to think about.

I think going forward a midfield of Dorrans, Jack and McCrorie should be good enough for most games but it’s the creative player at the top of the diamond that we are sorely missing. We have no creativity in that team whatsoever. Kenny Miller gets stick for dropping so deep but you seen Morelos do it a lot today which tells it’s own story. Some decent wide players wouldn’t go  amiss either. Candieas started the season well but has benn rotten for the last half dozen games but we have no competition for his place. 1 or 2 Creative forward players is my wish for January. I’m not holding my breath though.

5 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

It would help it we had someone in there capable of scoring, or at the very least consistently making the goalkeeper work, from distance. Teams can afford to give us plenty of time and space as invariably we'll fanny about then try and play it out wide or backwards and give the ball away. If we had a genuine goal threat in the middle of the park at least it would give the opposition something to think about.

See the amount of times we try and walk the ball in with they wee stupid fucking combination plays outside the box! They always break down and we end up getting caught on the break. At least if we have a shot from distance and it goes wide or over we can regroup and get back into position. If you don't buy a ticket you can't win the lottery. 

Just had a flashback there to McLeish saying his players didn't like shooting. When he was questioned why we didn't shoot more from outside the box. :rofl: 

Why did he bring on Niko after we lost a goal? The guy offers nothing He’s brutal now he was some player years ago but without being over dramatic he rossiter and Alves are stealing a wage from us that could be used to bring in a couple of decent players. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when him and Alves were just making a cunt of everything they tried. I don’t know if anyone else notice that when 3-1 down he tried to do a World Cup chip over to holt who just touched it with the top of his and it went out for a by kick then niko starts clapping as if it was good that holt TRIED to get his head on it. We are a shambles and murty is getting hung out to dry by our board. 

3 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Why did he bring on Niko after we lost a goal? The guy offers nothing He’s brutal now he was some player years ago but without being over dramatic he rossiter and Alves are stealing a wage from us that could be used to bring in a couple of decent players. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when him and Alves were just making a cunt of everything they tried. I don’t know if anyone else notice that when 3-1 down he tried to do a World Cup chip over to holt who just touched it with the top of his and it went out for a by kick then niko starts clapping as if it was good that holt TRIED to get his head on it. We are a shambles and murty is getting hung out to dry by our board. 

Niko had an absolute nightmare. He genuinely looks finished. 

7 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

See the amount of times we try and walk the ball in with they wee stupid fucking combination plays outside the box! They always break down and we end up getting caught on the break. At least if we have a shot from distance and it goes wide or over we can regroup and get back into position. If you don't buy a ticket you can't win the lottery. 

Just had a flashback there to McLeish saying his players didn't like shooting. When he was questioned why we didn't shoot more from outside the box. :rofl: 

I said it myself in the match thread, teams always seem to score 20-odd yard crackers against us. Simple fact is though goals from outside the box are ten a penny for most other teams in world football, it just that because we never see it from  Rangers player it always seems like such a surprise when teams do it to us. Its probably also the reason that Foderingham concedes so many from outside the box, he's clearly not used to dealing with many long range efforts in training.

2 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

I said it myself in the match thread, teams always seem to score 20-odd yard crackers against us. Simple fact is though goals from outside the box are ten a penny for most other teams in world football, it just that because we never see it from  Rangers player it always seems like such a surprise when teams do it to us. Its probably also the reason that Foderingham concedes so many from outside the box, he's clearly not used to dealing with many long range efforts in training.

See when you watch the shooting drill in the warm up, the players shooting is awful. Hardly anyone hits the target never mind score a goal. 

39 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Niko should never have had the pleasure of playing for the club , said at the time it was a ridiculous signing ..........

U did indeed and I’m sure it was u I said to that if we could keep him fit he could be a cracking player for us? How wrong was i? This is probably a bit strong and maybe my anger at today is making me feel like this but I seriously am starting to dislike the likes of niko rossiter Alves Hodson  and the rest of the wasters at the club that don’t ever try and right their wrongs or even push themselves to get fit. We really had the chance to put some pressure on they cunts with a decent home game and again our players blew it, simply not good enough. Anyway a wee rant but I totally agree with ur post. 

I'm beginning to wonder if there's any point to all of this. We don't have the players, nor the manager to make it better anyway. We are just repeating ourselves and it's not going to make them better. Before we went down we could say we were under par after a bad result, but I'm beginning to think this is the best this team can do. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if there's any point to all of this. We don't have the players, nor the manager to make it better anyway. We are just repeating ourselves and it's not going to make them better. Before we went down we could say we were under par after a bad result, but I'm beginning to think this is the best this team can do. 

I agree with this. They didn't have a nightmare game, their attitude wasn't particularly poor, they weren't too casual or lax. They just played to their ability. They did it last Saturday and on Wednesday night and we got lucky. 

The playing staff have been grossly mismanaged and we're now left with a squad full of players who aren't good enough. 

We don't have a single good ( not great, just good) centre midfielder. That's a shocking position to be in. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

I agree with this. They didn't have a nightmare game, their attitude wasn't particularly poor, they weren't too casual or lax. They just played to their ability. They did it last Saturday and on Wednesday night and we got lucky. 

The playing staff have been grossly mismanaged and we're now left with a squad full of players who aren't good enough. 

We don't have a single good ( not great, just good) centre midfielder. That's a shocking position to be in. 

Look at the midfield we had a few short years ago; it's heartbreaking to really put it all in perspective. We are now very ordinary.