***Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread***

Davy Vandenbroucke

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Copland bear said:

I have stayed in South of England I used  to fly up in the early 90's for games ,    Used to arrive Sat more and fly out Sun morn,  so I have done it in the past and one of the main reasons I moved back to Glasgow. 

Fair play to you, I don't have the finances to be paying for boats or planes every weekend and work commitments also get in the way a lot. 

I'll know in future to pretend everything is rosy for your benefit though. 

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We are an embarrassment of a club compared to what we once were 

Our enemies must have sore cocks 

The amount of wanking off they must do to our continuing fuck ups 

Any bear that backed this board recently should hang your heads in shame 

You are the weakest link 

mate, they were voted back in  - each getting upwards of 95% approval. Almost everybody voted them in. That needs to change next year.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

You are correct but how do we make that happen ?? It is a serious question by the way. 

Start a fan share group, buy enough shares to hold the board to account and when they don’t listen start a campaign of protests to force change. 

Oh wait. ☹️☹️

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Showing loyalty to that shower of shite is a bigger crime than walking away. Confidence going to the paedodome are you fucking demented,our club is dying in front of your eyes but hey ho the solution is to continue cheering on those imposters 

I was here before that shower of shite and I will be here and so will Glasgow Rangers football club be here long after they have left. 

Still awaiting club 1872 to stand up for the fans and attack this board thou.  What's it gonna take for them to stand up to this board ?

7 hours ago, trueblueal said:

I don't see this ending well. They are in form, we are brittle as fuck. Clarke will try to hold us to nil at their end and hit on the break. I can see us having 65% possession, 1 goal and probably conceding at least 1. This will lead to anger and frustration at the Murty appointment. 

Merry Christmas :duh:

Well it was worse than I feared. We did score one, they did score at least one....but they actually bossed the game for 90% of that match. 

Anyone still think Murty until the end of the season was a good idea? 4 defeats already 

2 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Well it was worse than I feared. We did score one, they did score at least one....but they actually bossed the game for 90% of that match. 

Anyone still think Murty until the end of the season was a good idea? 4 defeats already 

Happy F-ing Christmas. Glad I missed it and saved myself the agony.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As I said in another thread mate. 

He should’ve had the baws to tell them no,  but he’s been out in an impossible position and I can understand why he took the job. But he’s being used by the board and if he can’t see that then my sympathy stops. 

Do think it was really that impossible a position for him?   I don't.    Flattering though it may be if an employer wants you to take on a role you are not experienced enough to perform, not well enough equipped to be sure enough that you could make a proper success of it, but you are still dazzled by the offer and can't resist taking the job even though you know in your heart of hearts you are not ready for that job.......then its your own fault and you have a duty to yourself and to the company's shareholders and customers to say 'no'.   

Boards make bad judgements all the time and use their influence to try to talk people into territory they just should not be in because it provides convenient blame cover for a board.    As you say he should have had the baws to say 'no' and force the board's hand into finding a properly experienced manager.    

He's now on the equivalent of a high wire trying to navigate his way across a deep ravine in high winds and freezing conditions and with no safety net and with nowhere near enough experience and know-how to be sure he can get across safely.    Its a long way down for Murty.  But getting on to that managerial high wire has been the choice Murty has made.    He's not the first to be dazzled in that way.  And he won't be the first to have fallen off into obscurity.  

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Do think it was really that impossible a position for him?   I don't.    Flattering though it may be if an employer wants you to take on a role you are not experienced enough to perform, not well enough equipped to be sure enough that you could make a proper success of it, but you are still dazzled by the offer and can't resist taking the job even though you know in your heart of hearts you are not ready for that job.......then its your own fault and you have a duty to yourself and to the company's shareholders and customers to say 'no'.   

Boards make bad judgements all the time and use their influence to try to talk people into territory they just should not be in because it provides convenient blame cover for a board.    As you say he should have had the baws to say 'no' and force the board's hand into finding a properly experienced manager.    

He's now on the equivalent of a high wire trying to navigate his way across a deep ravine in high winds and freezing conditions and with no safety net and with nowhere near enough experience and know-how to be sure he can get across safely.    Its a long way down for Murty.  But getting on to that managerial high wire has been the choice Murty has made.    He's not the first to be dazzled in that way.  And he won't be the first to have fallen off into obscurity.  

He’s living the dream, he was probably never going to turn it down. 

I’m sure he has belief in what he is doing, but he has had a free ride so far because he was just the stand in so maybe he thought it would stay that way. 

But that is about to change, we have Motherwell Scum & Aberdeen in the next 3 league games we could easily lose all 3. He will know then what pressure is like and the dream will be a nightmare very quickly. 

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

You are correct but how do we make that happen ?? It is a serious question by the way. 

Perhaps Club 1872 should be trying to exercise some shareholder muscle and put forward candidates for election to the board, and then use their shareholder influence to go speak to other shareholders to make it clear 1872 will not be voting for King to be returned as a director along with the reasons why he should be voted out.   They have it within their gift to nominate suitable candidates for board membership.  They also have it within their gift to go garner enough votes - if they can - from other shareholders to force an EGM with the express objective of replacing certain board members with other more suitable board members.   Problem is though if they force the issue with King what does that mean for the loans King has put into the club......would he then demand repayment.

Another thought.  King made it clear earlier this year that he was not enjoying his time at Rangers and would like to step down as Chairman.   He could simply elect to do just that which would at least get him away from the front line face of Rangers after he has complied with the Court of Session ruling.   With compliance that out of the way hopefully soon then maybe his appetite to continue as chairman vanishes.   Wishful thinking. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He’s living the dream, he was probably never going to turn it down. 

I’m sure he has belief in what he is doing, but he has had a free ride so far because he was just the stand in so maybe he thought it would stay that way. 

But that is about to change, we have Motherwell Scum & Aberdeen in the next 3 league games we could easily lose all 3. He will know then what pressure is like and the dream will be a nightmare very quickly. 

Your're probably right in his being persuaded to live the dream.    Says a lot about his lack of judgement though when he was not well prepared or experienced to live that dream properly.   A decision borne more out of naïve wishful thinking than hard edged analysis gained from sufficient experience.   His belief, imo, is not really belief wrought from battle scars of knowing what is really likely to work and what is not, and tempered with judgement of when to test and adjust and make changes as opposed to just watching a happening unfold in front of you but not really knowing what to do about it.   All theory and no relevant direct experience.   That is what the board has delivered to us. 

His perhaps selfish living of a dream, and a cynical board foisting on to him the illusion of that dream, is in turn likely to cause many of the dreams of a large number of the Support to turn into the stuff of nightmares.     

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Your're probably right in his being persuaded to live the dream.    Says a lot about his lack of judgement though when he was not well prepared or experienced to live that dream properly.   A decision borne more out of naïve wishful thinking than hard edged analysis gained from sufficient experience.   His belief, imo, is not really belief wrought from battle scars of knowing what is really likely to work and what is not, and tempered with judgement of when to test and adjust and make changes as opposed to just watching a happening unfold in front of you but not really knowing what to do about it.   All theory and no relevant direct experience.   That is what the board has delivered to us. 

His perhaps selfish living of a dream, and a cynical board foisting on to him the illusion of that dream, is in turn likely to cause many of the dreams of a large number of the Support to turn into the stuff of nightmares.     

It’s going to be the perfect storm of a nightmare. 

Maybe what we need for the support to finally get together and let the board know exactly what we think. 

50 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

As soon as I saw the formation and personnel I knew we wouldn’t win.  We never even came close to winning- totally dominated in midfield whilst being clueless in possession utterly fucking rank rotten to the core.   

I look at that squad and can’t believe that it has taken 2 managers and 5 transfer windows to assemble that shite. Millions upon millions in wages completely wasted, fans taken for a ride since March 2015.  

Murty was appointed because we have very little money and a DOF that will be another failed project- mark my words we’ll be 4th place this season.

I actually believe that 4th might be optimistic. !!!! A top 6 place might just be in our grasp!!

21 minutes ago, delparlane said:

FS, though it was a 3 pm kickoff (10 am here in the States). Missed the whole match - thankfully. :anger::anger::anger:SSDD.

There are some events in life its best to have missed.  This was without any shadow of doubt one of them.    You may want to reset alarm clocks to ensure you miss the next 2 games this year too.    The potential for these next 2 games to cause serious damage to health should not be underestimated.   It may be far less stressful to know the outcomes after the games have finished.   

11 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Perhaps Club 1872 should be trying to exercise some shareholder muscle and put forward candidates for election to the board, and then use their shareholder influence to go speak to other shareholders to make it clear 1872 will not be voting for King to be returned as a director along with the reasons why he should be voted out.   They have it within their gift to nominate suitable candidates for board membership.  They also have it within their gift to go garner enough votes - if they can - from other shareholders to force an EGM with the express objective of replacing certain board members with other more suitable board members.   Problem is though if they force the issue with King what does that mean for the loans King has put into the club......would he then demand repayment.

Another thought.  King made it clear earlier this year that he was not enjoying his time at Rangers and would like to step down as Chairman.   He could simply elect to do just that which would at least get him away from the front line face of Rangers after he has complied with the Court of Session ruling.   With compliance that out of the way hopefully soon then maybe his appetite to continue as chairman vanishes.   Wishful thinking. 

I have no faith in C1872 to do anything RB. As far as King goes, well we can only hope that he can find someone who cares about Rangers to buy him out, I will admit that person might not be easy to find. :depressed:

Archived