***Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread***

Bronzy

24 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Perhaps Club 1872 should be trying to exercise some shareholder muscle and put forward candidates for election to the board, and then use their shareholder influence to go speak to other shareholders to make it clear 1872 will not be voting for King to be returned as a director along with the reasons why he should be voted out.   They have it within their gift to nominate suitable candidates for board membership.  They also have it within their gift to go garner enough votes - if they can - from other shareholders to force an EGM with the express objective of replacing certain board members with other more suitable board members.   Problem is though if they force the issue with King what does that mean for the loans King has put into the club......would he then demand repayment.

Another thought.  King made it clear earlier this year that he was not enjoying his time at Rangers and would like to step down as Chairman.   He could simply elect to do just that which would at least get him away from the front line face of Rangers after he has complied with the Court of Session ruling.   With compliance that out of the way hopefully soon then maybe his appetite to continue as chairman vanishes.   Wishful thinking. 

Club 1872 will be the last people to do anything about this. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I don't feel sorry for him nowadays.   I did a bit when he was interim.  But he's made it abundantly clear he wanted the manager job and wants it on a permanent basis.   He didn't have to take it but he has.    So going with that territory goes the praise when he puts teams onto the park that win and win well and win consistently.   And going with it the criticism when they lose and lose badly and often.   

He's taken the risk in accepting the job and he is ether good enough to produce successful Rangers sides that win enough games to make his appointment seem like a good move, or he doesn't in which case he'll have learnt a lot about his abilities and lack of them and move on.   Trouble is using Rangers as an experimental proving ground for aspiring rookie managers who have heaps of desire but nowhere near enough direct relevant experience is not where a club like Rangers should be.   And that is entirely the fault of the board.  

This has the potential for being a disaster of a season with Murty in charge and with a completely useless board.

Rather harsh. Anyone and those much better than him would be taking a risk in taking this clusterfuck of a job.

Sure he's a greenhorn, but he's a guy of integrity and why wouldn't he take the job ffs, after watching the shite that came before him. Just another to be used and abused by the crooks that run this club. He may criticised for his tactics, but wtf do really expect in trying to organise this fuck up of a squad devoid of talent?

He will have dreams and ambitions just like the rest of us and in his position when this opportunity arose, I doubt many would refuse, in spite knowing that it was a ooison chalice and exactly the reason why he got it.

You want to dish it out, then better it was all reserved for this board, which have put this club in serious peril and that I have warned about since day one with this criminal in charge. To focus on anything other than them, is taking the eye off the ball as to what is the main event and the cause of where we are now at. It serves little purpose in prevaricating about others, because until this board goes, the rot will continue and it's fuck all to do with Murty or any other stooge brought in to serve their purpose.

Murty is but a pawn in the power game that our board have been found seriously wanting

34 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Perhaps Club 1872 should be trying to exercise some shareholder muscle and put forward candidates for election to the board, and then use their shareholder influence to go speak to other shareholders to make it clear 1872 will not be voting for King to be returned as a director along with the reasons why he should be voted out.   They have it within their gift to nominate suitable candidates for board membership.  They also have it within their gift to go garner enough votes - if they can - from other shareholders to force an EGM with the express objective of replacing certain board members with other more suitable board members.   Problem is though if they force the issue with King what does that mean for the loans King has put into the club......would he then demand repayment.

Another thought.  King made it clear earlier this year that he was not enjoying his time at Rangers and would like to step down as Chairman.   He could simply elect to do just that which would at least get him away from the front line face of Rangers after he has complied with the Court of Session ruling.   With compliance that out of the way hopefully soon then maybe his appetite to continue as chairman vanishes.   Wishful thinking. 

1872 are a total waste of space as their record to date shows. They are a compromised organisation controlled by this board and complicit in this board's sharp practices. Their members who pay good money are getting humped more than those who don't.

The practice may not be criminal, but it totally fucking immoral in what goes on there, touched by the cancer that is king and co. King is a fucking destroyer of lives as his record in RSA shows and I'm not just talking SARS!

3 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Playing surface was atrocious, quality of the football played was abysmal, unsurprisingly the game was total dog shit from start to finish!

We were not great but the pitch gave Killie an advantage as there used to playing on the Astro pitch

the ball went in diff directions and you cud see the black pellets bouncing.

But still not happy at the performance  so we need a home win against Motherwell on Wed nothing else will do.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

It is probably a slim chance,  but hopefully he sells to someone who cares about results and what the Rangers mean to so many.

I would love to believe that there is someone out there with the money and the commitment ...

31 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

We were not great but the pitch gave Killie an advantage as there used to playing on the Astro pitch

the ball went in diff directions and you cud see the black pellets bouncing.

But still not happy at the performance  so we need a home win against Motherwell on Wed nothing else will do.

Sad state of affairs when we blame the pitch for losing to Kilmarnock and Kris Boyd scores two...........

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

1872 are a total waste of space as their record to date shows. They are a compromised organisation controlled by this board and complicit in this board's sharp practices. Their members who pay good money are getting humped more than those who don't.

The practice may not be criminal, but it totally fucking immoral in what goes on there, touched by the cancer that is king and co. King is a fucking destroyer of lives as his record in RSA shows and I'm not just talking SARS!

Good points.   

2 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I guess Alves, Dorrans and Pena (prior to kicking a ball) were arguably considered quality signings Sadly, for varying reasons it's not worked out............

I don't consider a 35 yr old free transfer and 1.5mil signings top of our range considering we paid 1.8 for garner.  We have penny pinched for 2 seasons buying quantity rather than quality. I fully expect the new manager to go through the same process again in the summer.

1 minute ago, kenny6131 said:

I don't consider a 35 yr old free transfer and 1.5mil signings top of our range considering we paid 1.8 for garner.  We have penny pinched for 2 seasons buying quantity rather than quality. I fully expect the new manager to go through the same process again in the summer.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think most fans thought Alves and Dorrans would be excellent signings. Age and transfer fees are just numbers. On paper they seemed like good signings. I don't think many can argue with that. Whatever we paid for Garner is irrelevant but whatever it was, it was far too much. In fairness to Garner though we signed him and simply didn't play to his strengths.

IMO the budget we had this summer was sufficient to challenge the taigs. The reality is that if we had beaten Killie home and away, Hamilton at home and Dundee away we'd be level with the taigs, and that's not even taking into account other points thrown away. There's no excuse for the players being able to beat the sheep twice and then hibs but failing to beat the lesser teams. 

The board, Pedro and Murty are all culpable however when players fail to carry out the most basic and fundamental tasks as a footballer what chance do you have. The players must take a significant proportion of the blame. Their performances have been unacceptable.................

8 hours ago, Hilly86 said:

Sweeping changes after that disgrace last week, the players will be desperate to win for the manager, full of energy and bringing all of that passion, creativity and winning mentality we've come to love...

1-4.

Or just more disgrace!

10 hours ago, wully said:

@eskbankloyal I was on the Toryglen bus yesterday, what miniature did you get?

I wasn’t on the bus mate. My daughter was born on Thursday so was bringing her & Mum home yesterday. 

First game I’ve missed for around 15 months. Hope you enjoyed their hospitality (tu) 

Archived