maybe not the most popular of opinions however.

KingKirk

From top to bottom in our football club ...I get the feeling that as long as what we have been through doesn't darken our door again that will be enough for some.. Were do we see ourselves in 5year? Honestly I haven't a clue. I think behind the scenes some think that to.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s enough for some and it’s slowly creeping into a lot of peoples minds. 

“Get behind the fucking team, remember where we were”. I’ve had that flung at me twice this season already, Hamilton at home and Killie. 

Aye no bother ma man I’ll get behind that team of average couldn’t give a fuck about my club players. I probably give around 1.5k a season just in tickets and I want a team that fucking fights first and foremost 

Pick 11 of us, we might get beat but I can guarantee you we all walk off that pitch with the jersey a different colour covered in sweat, whilst not giving a fuck about the money we’ve made that week. 

It all comes down to finance sadly. 

Murty is a decent manager despite today but without decent investment (I’m sick saying it myself because it gets said a hundred times a day on here even though it’s true) we will always be that sort of team with these players who wins a few games, gets beat a few games and will drift aimlessly between second and fourth depending on form and above all and most importantly nowhere near the taigs.

the players are inconsistent, gutless and not Rangers class but people tend to forget that the team that started today was guys we’ve signed from Hearts, Wigan, Swindon, Cardiff, some mid table Turkish side, Accrington, Helsinki, Sheffield United, Aberdeen with one guy of pedigree in Alves ... then there’s a McCrorie who’s cane through the youth, our bench is a Mexican plucked from obscurity, Barjonas a second rate youngster, Bates a Raith Rovers reject, Alnwick from Port Vale, Nico who came from a third tier team in New York USA, Hodson who we signed from MK Dons and Hardie another youth who’s spent most of his time out on loan to lower league Scottish teams - hopefully reading that wee list the penny might start to drop for some who under-estimate the importance of that 30-50 million King promised us 

the Jamie Walkers of this world for 600k aren’t the answer either that’s just adding to the problem 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s enough for some and it’s slowly creeping into a lot of peoples minds. 

“Get behind the fucking team, remember where we were”. I’ve had that flung at me twice this season already, Hamilton at home and Killie. 

Aye no bother ma man I’ll get behind that team of average couldn’t give a fuck about my club players. I probably give around 1.5k a season just in tickets and I want a team that fucking fights first and foremost 

Pick 11 of us, we might get beat but I can guarantee you we all walk off that pitch with the jersey a different colour covered in sweat, whilst not giving a fuck about the money we’ve made that week. 

That's the line that's slowly killing us. Had that myself almost scrapping wae a cunt in the BF because of it . Just reminded him that we are a club that's made it to European finals etc in the past.

3 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

In 5 years if things don't change there's a fair chance the taigs will be sitting on 54 and going for 55.

The thought of that makes me more sick than a bheast 10IAR.

But what will the board actually do about it? Nothing it seems.

If nothing was to change in 5 year it could be admin 2

Who knows. The only thing I know is that we are going nowhere fast with the present board. Yes they came in and stabilised the board room and provided emergency loans to keep us going, but if they no longer have the cash to put into the club to take us further then they need to work towards bringing in people who can. King promised that he would do just that but so far we seem to have the HK guys who are just providing more loans?

On the playing side we've never gone more than 10 seasons without winning the title but there's not going to be a Kilmarnock buffering that this time.

We need to see a title challenge next season and the season after if we are going stop them winning ten. I don't care if we win 55 in their 10th season, I just don't want them doing it.

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Murty is a decent manager despite today but without decent investment (I’m sick saying it myself because it gets said a hundred times a day on here even though it’s true) we will always be that sort of team with these players who wins a few games, gets beat a few games and will drift aimlessly between second and fourth depending on form and above all and most importantly nowhere near the taigs.

the players are inconsistent, gutless and not Rangers class but people tend to forget that the team that started today was guys we’ve signed from Hearts, Wigan, Swindon, Cardiff, some mid table Turkish side, Accrington, Helsinki, Sheffield United, Aberdeen with one guy of pedigree in Alves ... then there’s a McCrorie who’s cane through the youth, our bench is a Mexican plucked from obscurity, Barjonas another second rate youngster, Bates a Raith Rovers reject, Alnwick from Port Vale, Nico who came from a third tier team in New York USA, Hodson who we signed from MK Dons she Hardie another youth who’s spent most of his time out on loan to lower league Scottish teams - hopefully reading that wee list the penny might start to drop for some who under-estimate the importance of that 30-50 million King promised us 

the Jamie Walkers of this world for 600k aren’t the answer either that’s just adding to the problem 

could a high calibre name sort out the inconsistency. Like a Mark Hughes I agree its mostly down to finance but we have wealthy enough people on the board and if they wanted to they could personally pay for that standard of manager.

like what's happened at scum fc

suppose it'll come down to how much they want to of course

16 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

Unless there are significant changes in ownership, the board, the manager and sponsorship or a new owner with real money.

We will be in the same position as we are now for the foreseeable future.

While I agree that the board are a shambles, we spent close to 10 million in the summer. Looking at the 2 games against the sheep and where we've dropped points at home this season, a few different purchases, deciding to keep a few rather than sell to keep competition for places up and I'd say we've got the makings of a title challenging squad. There's definitely potential there imo, recent form has showed that. 

26 minutes ago, watpnosurrender said:

my expectations will never lessen for no reasons whatsoever i expect Rangers to be back winning trophy's every year and playing in the champions league sooner rather then later and if the board think were gonna expect anything less then there mistaken big time

What have the support done for the board to think otherwise? Buy ST's in record numbers?!

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

could a high calibre name sort out the inconsistency. Like a Mark Hughes I agree its mostly down to finance but we have wealthy enough people on the board and if they wanted to they could personally pay for that standard of manager.

We can't afford a low calibre one, ala McInnes, far less Mark Hughes.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It’s only partly consistency though - can you really expect a group of second rate players from the standard of those clubs to come here and win say 10/11/12 games in a row for example and have us challenging? Surely if it were that easy every club in Scotland would push the boat out a bit and aim for these types of players 

nupe these players are shite and gutless and not Rangers class but there’s only so much you can expect guys in the markets we shop to do for you.

we want to do better then we spend and I mean responsibly and I don’t mean x3 guys in Scotland like Walker, Kiltie or Shinnie who’s decent for their spl teams we need to get 3 million out for a Davis, 4 million for a Jelavic, 3 million for a Mendes, 2.5 million for a Bougherra etc affordable talent but within our price range with some investment 

I think we have the best manager we’ve had since Smith in Murty and he’s falling short with sub standard shite 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

It’s only partly consistency though - can you really expect a group of second rate players from the standard of those clubs to come here and win say 10/11/12 games in a row for example and have us challenging? Surely if it were that easy every club in Scotland would push the boat out a bit and aim for these types of players 

nupe these players are shite and gutless and not Rangers class but there’s only so much you can expect guys in the markets we shop to do for you.

we want to do better then we spend and I mean responsibly and I don’t mean x3 guys in Scotland like Walker, Kiltie or Shinnie who’s decent for their spl teams we need to get 3 million out for a Davis, 4 million for a Jelavic, 3 million for a Mendes, 2.5 million for a Bougherra etc affordable talent but within our price range with some investment 

I think we have the best manager we’ve had since Smith in Murty and he’s falling short with sub standard shite 

Bang on mate.

There are players out there in those prices still. We should be looking at players in smaller nations that have won league titles or have international caps and you can get players who have both for the price range you are quoting. celtic do it, why can't we?

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Bang on mate.

There are players out there in those prices still. We should be looking at players in smaller nations that have won league titles or have international caps and you can get players who have both for the price range you are quoting. celtic do it, why can't we?

And celtic are still skin-flints and not big spenders at all when you consider it ... their money goes towards repaying debts, overdrafts and Dermot Desmond ... don’t get me wrong they are managing it and balancing their books but they aren’t going out and net spending millions every window. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

And celtic are still skin-flints and not big spenders at all when you consider it ... their money goes towards repaying debts, overdrafts and Dermot Desmond ... don’t get me wrong they are managing it and balancing their books but they aren’t going out and net spending millions every window. 

Arguably since 2000 they have been far better operators in the transfer market than us. Perhaps the Tony Mowbray season exempted.

Sure they signed high profile flops like Crosas, Donati etc but they have got a lot better value than us over the same period.

43 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

the players are inconsistent, gutless and not Rangers class but people tend to forget that the team that started today was guys we’ve signed from Hearts, Wigan, Swindon, Cardiff, some mid table Turkish side, Accrington, Helsinki, Sheffield United, Aberdeen with one guy of pedigree in Alves ... then there’s a McCrorie who’s cane through the youth, our bench is a Mexican plucked from obscurity, Barjonas a second rate youngster, Bates a Raith Rovers reject, Alnwick from Port Vale, Nico who came from a third tier team in New York USA, Hodson who we signed from MK Dons and Hardie another youth who’s spent most of his time out on loan to lower league Scottish teams - hopefully reading that wee list the penny might start to drop for some who under-estimate the importance of that 30-50 million King promised us 

Spot on the issue remains who will come in no one seems interested if so why? King? Scottish football? Or something we currently don’t know (maybe what also put McInnes off)?  Something isn’t right.

53 minutes ago, watpnosurrender said:

my expectations will never lessen for no reasons whatsoever i expect Rangers to be back winning trophy's every year and playing in the champions league sooner rather then later and if the board think were gonna expect anything less then there mistaken big time

That’s our problem, a fan base that simply expect to be successful - you’re going to be disappointed unless we take action.  

We need to stand up against the board and by doing so investors will see the value in us - sitting doing nothing waiting to win again and moaning when we don’t will get us nowhere.

41 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

can't really argue with that point mate bang on.

1 hour ago, Bighouse said:

In 5 years if things don't change there's a fair chance the taigs will be sitting on 54 and going for 55.

The thought of that makes me more sick than a bheast 10IAR.

But what will the board actually do about it? Nothing it seems.

If this shite's still happening next season I reckon we should lynch king.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Rangers board members could easily pay for that calibre of manager out there own pocket mate.

Well they haven't done so thus far.

MW, a nobody. Pedro, an even bigger nobody. Then we couldn't even attract McInnes and remain without a manager for seven weeks now, so I don't see anything to suggest we can afford a somebody.