Alves doesn't get it

Misteral

20 hours ago, Cedrick said:

I’d rather a big honest lad trying his best mate than an imposter 

I'd rather have neither. I'm still baffled that Bates ever ended up a Rangers player. As for Alves, he is not a player we need and the sooner he leaves the better it is for us, provided we replace him with the type of defender we do need. Wilson, Alves, Cardoso, and Bates are not good enough for us. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'd rather have neither. I'm still baffled that Bates ever ended up a Rangers player. As for Alves, he is not a player we need and the sooner he leaves the better it is for us, provided we replace him with the type of defender we do need. Wilson, Alves, Cardoso, and Bates are not good enough for us. 

Agree mate but since Bates is here I’d go with him instead of alves 

Watched the highlights back after Saturday, and I’m struggling to see why he’s getting it in the neck so badly. 

Granted, he’s nothing special - but there were far more culpable players for each goal. 

- Jack doesn’t track his runner, after Alves gets up and wins the header

- Wilson loses his man for the second 

- Wilson and John are all over the shop for the third, and Foderingham should do better as well

i get that mores expected of him, but calling for Bates, Cardoso etc is just over reactionary. 

The biggest problem is that alot of fans built this guy up a lot lot more than should’ve happened.  He was never as good as folks like to think he is. Brilliant defenders play for brilliant clubs- fair play for winning the Euro’s with Portugal having drawn nearly every match but like what’s already been said.. you can’t blame him for the goals we concede. Fucking hell where was tavernier against hibs? The right back should be at right back.  To say we played with 2 deeper midfielders on Saturday and not 1 was there to collect a perfectly normal clearance tells you all you need to know.

therell be plenty of decent clubs ready to take alves but how many would take the rest of our defence? Fucking none. As for Ryan jack we’ll see how good this guy is at the piggery won’t we?

15 hours ago, Drum said:

Danny Wilson is our best CH.

No he's not, he's had a couple of decent games recently as he tries to earn a new deal, but has been absolutely pish in much more since he got here.

Totally accident prone, pathetic at tracking his man and thinks he is much better on the ball than he actually is (see Ross County goal).

Alves can cope all day long heading the ball out of defence, he clearly has absolutely nailed that. 

He therefore struggles when teams play it on the ground, in and around our box - but he looks bad at this because we have Wilson who rarely tackles and a LB and RB who are more attack minded. 

The balance is not right. That’s for sure. 

On 17/12/2017 at 01:03, danger ranger said:

It's the Rangers fans that don't get it, Rangers now and for the foreseeable future are going nowhere and fans can slag individual players all they want, it's the best we are going to get.

The midfield is a joke and also the forward line, we had about two shots on their goal today and that has been an occurring statistic under the last three managers, we are not setup to score goals and yet fans call out the defence as a problem!!!.

If we don't get a proper manger backed by real money then it's more of the same for years to come and you can spit your dummy out all you want taking it out of any new players isn't going to solve the problem.

Agreed mate 100% we need investment, cash or dosh!  It is that simple and this board either don’t have the cash needed or have it but won’t spend it.  What ever we need around £50m on players and certainly £25m plus in the infrastructure.

I know that English isn't Alves' first language but listening to that admittedly short interview makes me tend to agree with the op, he doesn't get it at all, not one tiny little bit. Sooner he's gone and replaced with someone who will give their all for us, the better, and there are guys out there who would give that extra wee bit that makes a difference.  We've all applauded young McRorie for most of his performances but for me it's not just been his football ability we've admired but his will to win has, for the most part, shone through. 

On 18/12/2017 at 10:39, plumbGER said:

No he's not, he's had a couple of decent games recently as he tries to earn a new deal, but has been absolutely pish in much more since he got here.

Totally accident prone, pathetic at tracking his man and thinks he is much better on the ball than he actually is (see Ross County goal).

Ok I admit it, I just want him to be out of sheer panic!