The ibrox crowd

MacBoyd

What’s the alternative?

We all stay, to a man, at the end, and don’t boo or tell them how shite they’ve been? A wee good natured applause instead?

No chance. I would rather leave early and show my disdain for another pathetic performance than have to watch them walk off the park thinking ‘it’s alright- they all stayed until the end so we still have their blessing to be shite.’

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

The team have to get the crowd going they have to play at a high tempo snap into tackles press high up the park chasing the opposition down then the crowd responds at the moment it’s all too slow ant too many passes going Square or backwards passing just for passing sake  it’s in a couple of words dull and boring!

Exactly! The players are supposed to be professional,fit and committed so it should not be up to the crowd to get them motivated and force them to play at a pace faster than over 50.s walking football. Our play is slow, uninspired, predictable, pedestrian and as you said dull and boring.

4 minutes ago, Bydo said:

What’s the alternative?

We all stay, to a man, at the end, and don’t boo or tell them how shite they’ve been? A wee good natured applause instead?

No chance. I would rather leave early and show my disdain for another pathetic performance than have to watch them walk off the park thinking ‘it’s alright- they all stayed until the end so we still have their blessing to be shite.’

Even when we've had good teams the place was still empty after 70 mins. It's not a new thing coz were shite. So what'  your point 

14 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Think your taking the piss there.  Dont remember many of us missing the game as it was school uniform time. 

The fact of the matter is that the team are dire and its them who dictate how the crowd reacts. Put it this way, the squad is basically the same players who (A) failed to get out of the championship at the first time of asking

(B) suffered our worst ever european result.

(C) lost a 20odd year record to aberdeen

(D) lost a 70 odd year record to hamilton

And (E) lost a 40 odd year record to st johnston.

So why is it i shouldnt get on their backs ?

It terms of leaving early you idiot 

I left early yesterday freely admit yes we lose games yes but it's  the manner in which we  are losing that is coming difficult to stomach .

I Don't blame Murty either the players just aren't good enough I left because it makes me angry that Warbs and Pedro have brought players that were making st Johnstone look fucking world beaters I thought the set up yesterday was good it's just the players don't seem too have the fight or urgency to put in a performance .

Against  the junkies  the signs were there to produce  a better   performance  but they simply  haven't the mentality too push on its like they won the last four and don't seem to have that believe in themselves the badge is too fucking heavy for these players .everyone has a ceiling in sport unfortunately these players have hit it .

These players occasionally  put in a good performance above their ability  but it will be proceeded with performances like yesterday we need a good manager foremost and real investment too push forward . 

This thread infuriates me with the ‘holier than thou’ attitude of some cunts.

Oh you want to stay and give support to a bunch of fucking useless charlatans from pitch to board room? Good for you.

Oh you go to away games and stay until the end regardless of score line or atmosphere? Maybe that has something to do with the fact you probably have a bus to wait on. I bet if folks houses were down the road they would fuck off early as well if we were getting skelped.

I pay my ST in advance every year, can leave whenever the fuck I decide and it will make no difference to how the club is run or what money is spent on- because it’s not like I’m being unreasonable asking for it to be spend on a decent fucking manager eh?

There would be a greater impact on the players and the board if the entire stadium stayed back to boo the players like fuck at the full time whistle and sent abuse their way in the directors box , than leaving IMO 

but fans can do what they want, they’ve paid to watch the game like everyone else in the stadium. 

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Atmosphere is awful. Games always finished (regardless or score) in front of an empty stadium. 

Plenty of fans like to pat themselves on the back and say how great they are but the home support help make ibrox a very easy place for opposition teams to come. 

No it's our team that make Ibrox a very easy place for the opposition teams! I think I spotted the St Johnstone keeper smoking a cigar at one point yesterday!

The support is nowhere near our biggest issue atm 

but since the issue is being discussed, the club should allow the UBs to move to another section where their songs will spread out more or let them expand, id like them in BF3 behind the goals but that's because I'm in BF5, they might be better in the Govan or Copland stands

apart from that nothing short of spending 30 million in the transfer window and bringing in superstars we can't afford will change the atmosphere because the football on show does nothing to get the fans excited.

Our away support is fantastic, best in Britain bar none, but a lot more older bears and kids go to Ibrox so it's a more laid back family atmosphere there. Expanding the singing section is the only way to improve atmosphere imo

Blame the support :lol: 

We’ve sat and watched record after record get broke. The team not giving a flying fuck on the park, allowing the opposition to swan about like they own the place. The give us fuck all to cheer or scream about. They don’t crunch into tackles, play great passes, even attempt to gee up the crowd. 

They ride on decent results for games at a time, thinking its acceptable at Rangers FC. 

But aye lets back them. They don’t care about the club, as long as their wages drop into the bank

47 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Think your taking the piss there.  Dont remember many of us missing the game as it was school uniform time. 

The fact of the matter is that the team are dire and its them who dictate how the crowd reacts. Put it this way, the squad is basically the same players who (A) failed to get out of the championship at the first time of asking

(B) suffered our worst ever european result.

(C) lost a 20odd year record to aberdeen

(D) lost a 70 odd year record to hamilton

And (E) lost a 40 odd year record to st johnston.

So why is it i shouldnt get on their backs ?

Spot on mate.I usually start work at 5am on the Sat morning.Work like fuck to finish in time to get to the game.Drive for an hour plus before walking to ground or jogging depending on time!My mate travels back and forth from Oxfordshire and my son from Liverpool just to be able to support OUR club.In total 6 of us sit together having paid hundreds for season tickets,Travelled miles to get to games,catering and merchandise.As do every other Bear who go to watch our famous team.We start every game full of hope but what do we mostly get back?Fuck all.Mediocre,uninterested and unprofessional players not fit to wear our jersey let alone be worthy of the support we unfailingly give.The atmosphere is shit but that is driven by on the field action or lack of as is mostly the case.We always stay to the end but have given up playing the blame game for those who leave early.I am actually beginning to wonder if they are right and we should vote with our feet.Lets face it we have a shit team,no manager,a board that treats us with utter contempt and fan representation who wield major power share wise but bleat like sheep power wise.As a Rangers fan I expect 100% commitment from all within our Club ESPECIALLY the players but that is far from the case bar a few exceptions.When players can’t cross a ball,beat the first man with a corner,leave opposition constantly unmarked,can’t pass a simple ball to a teammate,put in a tackle or put their perfectly gelled hair in the way of a shot, or score absolute sitters then THEY and only THEY are responsible for our current displays.The board are to blame for lack of leadership but the players are for the shit we witness on the park and that is what gives us the current toxic atmosphere at home.Frankly they bring it on themselves!

The home support is utter shite,see guys leaving at half time for the pub,and by 70 mins onwards it starts to empty,contrast that with the away support who are fantastic,never stop singing and 95per cent stay till the end, I actually prefer away games now