The ibrox crowd

MacBoyd

1 hour ago, Bydo said:

What’s the alternative?

We all stay, to a man, at the end, and don’t boo or tell them how shite they’ve been? A wee good natured applause instead?

Exactly.

The whole club is amateurish enough without having to censor the crowd. I doubt the players will ever face any consequence for shite like yesterday, nobody at the club seems to give a fuck about repeated failure, so modest booing by fans is tame. That more people don't get angry and show it is just another indication of apathy.

The thought of 'supporting' any of that yesterday, while freezing my baws off, then having to listen to Murty dredge up excuses for them, still gives me the boak. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fan anguish after any opposition scores really does seem to throw the team off. The frustration from the stands just seeps through to the players and it is not very productive.

Taking the lead in the first 10 yesterday then conceding not long after was nowhere near a disaster, but frustration grew and we were never in the game from then. Not the fans fault as such as I am one to get frustrated in my own seat, but the atmosphere cannot help matters anyway. The media have all been running with the whole ‘hostile atmosphere’ at Ibrox and it’s just become a thing.

Sadly the only way to improve this is if the team gives us less to be frustrated about therefore at this stage it seems like an endless cycle. 

1 hour ago, Bydo said:

What’s the alternative?

We all stay, to a man, at the end, and don’t boo or tell them how shite they’ve been? A wee good natured applause instead?

No chance. I would rather leave early and show my disdain for another pathetic performance than have to watch them walk off the park thinking ‘it’s alright- they all stayed until the end so we still have their blessing to be shite.’

Just an idea...

Support them with all you have till the final whistle and if they were shite give them a massive boo afterwards. Maybe the only way to show them what it means to be on duty for Rangers. 

I left shortly after the 3rd and would again, not sitting there freezing my balls off to watch that shitshow. You could tell even after the 2nd went in we were never scoring in a month.

Yes the atmosphere did turn toxic quickly yesterday but when you have players unable to do the basics in football it will turn quickly, we dont ask for much just hard work and an understanding of football both of which were nowhere to be seen yesterday.

52 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

You are hard of learning. Read the opening post again. Good luck.

Your a complete fanny who is making an utter cunt of himself here:duh:. You say we are the worst at leaving early, i respond by saying the tarriers and sheep have left early when getting gubbed at home and you clearly havnt read the report i posted that states there was a "mass exodus" when we were battering them. Bet you went to a school that had an acrobat on the wall and gave you highers in plasticine and prayers

It's got fuck all to do with the crowd, for once we left on about 86/87 minutes, IT WAS a lost cause by then, by that time the place was just about empty, every stand, even the 'ultras' in the Broomloan only had a few dozen left by that time. The players are just not good enough and if they can't play consistently at our Stadium in front of great crowds then the jersey is too big for them!

3 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Your a complete fanny who is making an utter cunt of himself here:duh:. You say we are the worst at leaving early, i respond by saying the tarriers and sheep have left early when getting gubbed at home and you clearly havnt read the report i posted that states there was a "mass exodus" when we were battering them. Bet you went to a school that had an acrobat on the wall and gave you highers in plasticine and prayers

:lol:

I would prefer to praise the support for continuing to turn up in huge numbers especially considering how poor the the team tend to play at Ibrox.

I stayed to the final whistle but won't be overly critical of those who left after they scored the third goal.The game was effectively over at that point, also in terms of the atmosphere, it's the team's job to give us something cheer about.

7 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

I said it previously , players are nervous at Ibrox , one bad pass and the crowd are full of moans and groans,

When we play away, they are supported from beginning to the end ,

No real surprise our away record is better .

They should get a fucking grip then.

It's no worse than last season yet our home form wasn't as bad as this year

Well I don't like leaving early, but I'm sorry, but it's the players job to generate the atmosphere by showing guts and determination. If the players all got stuck in I'm sure the crowd would get behind the team. Place was like a library yesterday until wee holt flew into a 50-50 and we all perked up a bit. All we ask is for 100%.

But we do have some roasters in our support, couple of wee tadgers behind me yesterday were absolutely slaughtering Morelos for the full game saying he's never a striker and he 'hates that cunt'. LOL.

6 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Pathetic. Moan straight away, No positive support. The amount that leave early is shocking, the worst I've seen from any team it must effect the players. I know you pay your money do what you want but it's not good. The way everyone left after the third yesterday, they chucked it so they are just like the players 

What was the atmosphere like in your part of the ground yesterday? 

Not enough drugs or alcohol at ibrox for my liking. 

We always mention how great the away support is and rightly so, they're tremendous every game. Those guys still attend home games though and no matter how you look at it its the bus journeys along with alcohol and gear that plays a heavy hand in the away atmosphere.

4 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Think your taking the piss there.  Dont remember many of us missing the game as it was school uniform time. 

The fact of the matter is that the team are dire and its them who dictate how the crowd reacts. Put it this way, the squad is basically the same players who (A) failed to get out of the championship at the first time of asking

(B) suffered our worst ever european result.

(C) lost a 20odd year record to aberdeen

(D) lost a 70 odd year record to hamilton

And (E) lost a 40 odd year record to st johnston.

So why is it i shouldnt get on their backs ?

Because you should know the situation we are in with the worst squad in my living memory due to having to build from scratch. If we spanked 100million on players I would see your point.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Not enough drugs or alcohol at ibrox for my liking. 

We always mention how great the away support is and rightly so, they're tremendous every game. Those guys still attend home games though and no matter how you look at it its the bus journeys along with alcohol and gear that plays a heavy hand in the away atmosphere.

Probably a decent point actually. Was at a koln game they are shite but atmosphere was great. They all drink during the game. Guys going up stairs selling drink you don't need to leave your seat.

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Probably a decent point actually. Was at a koln game they are shite but atmosphere was great. They all drink during the game. Guys going up stairs selling drink you don't need to leave your seat.

It's everything to do with that. You don't give a fuck what other people might be thinking when you're pished. You tend to notice moans when you're sober though 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You do realise people pay a fucking fortune so sit and watch utter dross right? 

Any time I go to games I spend my time looking at the stadium and saying things like "look at the height the club deck actually is, imagine if you fell over the edge"