Last 5 games

Andyboigee174

Record of the last 5 games if we can get our act the the gither there is no reason why we cant challenge them i honestly beleave they are there for the taken. They look as if they crumble under pressure at every opertunity if we can go out and add a couple of players we could have a say and we need to make ibrox a fortress

Screenshot_20171217-151129.png

They might crumble under pressure but we just crumble regardless. 

Their wheels have fell off but ours have been off since October. 

Our players mentality is they can perform 3-5 times out of 10 and its good enough here. The Warburton mentality that inconsistency is fine still flows right through the club and it’s been continued by the board

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Winning 2, fluking 2 and losing 1 ... then repeating IS NOT Championship winning form.

It never has been and never will be. 

Winning 4 and losing 1 pfft .. try winning 11 or 12 in a row then yes, that's title form.

it is going by the last 5 games....

Just now, cushynumber said:

it is going by the last 5 games....

Yass destination 55

C'mon you .. ok then before before yesterday going on each of our last two results we'd be winning the league on that form beating Ross County and Hibs with celtic drawing with Hibs and beating Hamilton. 

This is giving me the optimism I've always been looking for it's just a shame the season doesn't start/finish and a trophy awarded on the back of a 2-5 game period of form that's been plucked out of context and applied down due to them getting pumped today.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yass destination 55

C'mon you .. ok then before before yesterday going on each of our last two results we'd be winning the league on that form beating Ross County and Hibs with celtic drawing with Hibs and beating Hamilton. 

This is giving me the optimism I've always been looking for it's just a shame the season doesn't start/finish and a trophy awarded on the back of a 2-5 game period of form that's been plucked out of context and applied down due to them getting pumped today.

we got pumped as well , so don't forget that. :lol:

look mate I agree with what your saying but this league isn't done. Do I think we will win it? no, because we have absolutely no resiliency (not to mention manager, depth of squad etc) but its a funny game. They play us and Aberdeen over the next few weeks and i would like to see how they get on when a modicum of pressure is applied to them

We won't ever get our act together with this squad because they aren't good enough. We will dish out the odd pumping here and there but won't mount a serious challenge imo. Most professional players can look good in flashes but consistency is something only top players can muster, that's the difference between average players and top players. Our squad consists of mostly average players unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

we got pumped as well , so don't forget that. :lol:

look mate I agree with what your saying but this league isn't done. Do I think we will win it? no, because we have absolutely no resiliency (not to mention manager, depth of squad etc) but its a funny game. They play us and Aberdeen over the next few weeks and i would like to see how they get on when a modicum of pressure is applied to them

No the league isn't done both of us will drop a lot more points but we won't win it - shouldn't even be a debate.

If we won yesterday, maybe. But this is our problem we don't have the ability to put together a title-worthy run.

It's a stupid thread this just taking a wee 5 game period. Wait another 5 games until they horse us and Aberdeen at Parkhead. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No the league isn't done both of us will drop a lot more points but we won't win it - shouldn't even be a debate.

If we won yesterday, maybe. But this is our problem we don't have the ability to put together a title-worthy run.

It's a stupid thread this just taking a wee 5 game period. Wait another 5 games until they horse us and Aberdeen at Parkhead. 

I agree. But funnily enough I will probably be more confident in getting a result at the piggery than I was yesterday at ibrox agaisnt St Johnstone. We won't win the league until our players see a winning as routine, we get a win these days and the players think they are legends. It should just be the norm. I'm all for giving them pats on the back when they play well but all this pish by our players on twitter as if they have won the cup final after a routine win shows our level imo. Maybe I'm reading into it too much haha.

1 hour ago, Andyboigee174 said:

Record of the last 5 games if we can get our act the the gither there is no reason why we cant challenge them i honestly beleave they are there for the taken. They look as if they crumble under pressure at every opertunity if we can go out and add a couple of players we could have a say and we need to make ibrox a fortress

giphy-1.gif

1 hour ago, Andyboigee174 said:

If yer aunty had baws.... another way to look at it is if Aberdeen had won the 2 games they would be top of the league and 15 points clear of us..... if types aunty had baws

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Winning 2, fluking 2 and losing 1 ... then repeating IS NOT Championship winning form.

It never has been and never will be. 

Winning 4 and losing 1 pfft .. try winning 11 or 12 in a row then yes, that's title form.

Winning 4/5 games and losing the rest would still of won us the title in 15/16, 12/13 and 09/10. 

It's not great to watch, and not the way we should be winning leagues, but there's a fair chance it would still get the job done. 

21 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Winning 4/5 games and losing the rest would still of won us the title in 15/16, 12/13 and 09/10. 

It's not great to watch, and not the way we should be winning leagues, but there's a fair chance it would still get the job done. 

Not against a rampant celtic side who's lost once in 18-months it wouldn't - especially last season.

We just won 3 games in a row and that's the first time we've done that since December 2016.  We've recently dropped points to Dundee, Hamilton, and St.Johnstone.  We can't string wins together and look likely to drop points in every game we play.  celtic are capable of stringing results together and they've had the beating of us in Old Firm games ever since we got promoted.  We're not going to be competing with them for the title this season.

When Pedro left I think we were only 5 points behind celtic.  I'm starting to think we would've been better off keeping him in place and giving him until Christmas.  Murty got two good results against Aberdeen but he's cost us 9 points against Dundee, Hamilton, and St.Johnstone which effectively ended out title challenge.  The whole McInnes fiasco was an embarrassment and keeping Pedro here until a new manager was found might have been the better option.  I appreciated Murty is only doing his best but he's a youth coach way out of his depth and the fact he's been in charge for this long and probably in to January is absolutely ridiculous.  

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not against a rampant celtic side who's lost once in 18-months it wouldn't - especially last season.

No, but that's not what you said. If someone had offered up 90 pts at the start of the season I'd of taken that. They've taken 76% of the points available this season. If we won 4/5 we'd be taking 80%. 

18 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

6 points and 5 behind Aberdeen when Pedro was sacked.

Would probably be sitting 4th in the table right now if Pedro was still here.

celtic dropped a good number of points after Pedro left.  We've lost 3 games since Murty took over and are only 5 from the top so we've completely failed to capitalise on celtic's recent poor form.  I doubt Pedro could've done any worse than this and in hindsight I would rather he was kept on than us running with a youth coach for this length of time.  As I said, all credit to Murty for doing his best but he's way out of his depth and should be nowhere near the dugout.