A Spine

Vision

To challenge for the title I reckon we need a spine of four players in the most important positions. these players must cost in the region of 3-4 million each.

3-4 million should at least buy you a player with pedigree and a winning mentality and the ability to make a telling impact on a game.

The positions I'm referring to are,

GK, I do like big Wes but I think he's beaten to many times from distance, sell for about 2m.

CB, Has to be someone in there prime, commanding and a leader, don't know who could partner him because all our CBs are pish.

AM, Someone who can see a pass, score goals and dictate in midfield.

ST, Has to have the ability to make his own chances, sniff out a half chance as well as convert the majority of his chances.

The rest of the team will be made up of most of the squad there just now with a few additions like free's and loans.

The board has to front load these funds Now, no use this 3-5 year pish. The money will be made back by being successful,

Speculate to accumulate n all that.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMHO- Wilson,  Tav, Jack, Morelos, McCrorie, Dorrans can be part of a title winning team. 

John, Windass, Holt, Fod, Pena, Cardoso can be part of the squad. 

Herrera, Candeias, Alves, Hodson, Kranjcar, MOH, Forrester, Miller  can all be sold and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. 

Jamie Murphy would be a good start to the window. 

We need to be within touching distance of them come January though and we need one of, Hughes, Redknapp, Pulis, Warnock to come in and do the job. 

The reality is well probably still have Murty in February which will nearly have been 50% of the season and will be a straight race between McLaren and Tommy Wright for the job

What we need is a proven goalscorer, a poacher like McCoist was, like Boyd was in his day.

Our present lot get the ball into the last third then fanny about, passing back and sideways until a pass goes astray.

Have a shot at goal from the 18 yard box FFS, mix it up, that way the defence is not sure which way the attack is coming.

The way we are at the moment opposition teams just stack the box knowing either we will stuff up or a defender will get a foot in and the chance is lost.

39 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

IMHO- Wilson,  Tav, Jack, Morelos, McCrorie, Dorrans can be part of a title winning team. 

Herrera, Candeias, Alves, Hodson, Kranjcar, MOH, Forrester, Miller  can all be sold and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. 

We need to be within touching distance of them come January though and we need one of, Hughes, Redknapp, Pulis, Warnock to come in and do the job. 

The reality is well probably still have Murty in February which will nearly have been 50% of the season and will be a straight race between McLaren and Tommy Wright for the job

Cant disagree with any of this, just hope your reality is wrong.

I'd like us to have a powerful midfielder who can take digs from distance.  Pedro Mendes of all people is the type are crying out for just now.

A striker we need is someone who has a lot of pace and an ability to score goals.  Still don't understand the reasons behind selling Garner to bring in Hererra but that experiment has went wrong and we should cut our loses there now.

I'm not overly concerned about the goalkeeping side just now.  We need a solid centre half.

Sooner rather than later we need to be bringing in a proper captain to keep us going.  Having a good captain goes a long way to helping the quality problems.  Take lego muncher at THEM for example.  Over rated as hell but a captain all the same.

Problem  is not just transfer fees, a 4 million pound player commands around 1.5 mill a year in wages so a four year contract added to transfer fee totals 10 million each, so it's unrealistic to say the least, we somehow need to find talent through scouting and continue to blood youngsters like mccrorie and barjonas, and find a manager who can improve and get the best out of what we have, and there lies the problem. 

47 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Good post mate -agree with all of that  

The boardroom rats don’t even have a spine.. how can anyone expect the team to have one?  Also we’ll never get 2 million for foderingham try a million and that’s generous. This board sanctioned the sale of McKay for 500k.  Also where’s the proof we signed Pena for the amounts talked about?

53 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

£3m players like Pena,transfer fees are so inflated now that spending £3-4m guarentees nothing,better scouting is what's required can't believe we even scouted Herrera or Pena just took Pedros word for it,ridiculous

True, every day that goes by makes Pedro's appointment even more baffling. 

I can never understand when folk say we need a manager who can get the best out of what we've got, it's like comparing Mercedes F1 car with the Williams car, it wouldn't matter a fuck if you put Lewis Hamilton in the Williams it's got its limitations and can't go beyond that, these players of ours have there limitations and you could bring in the best manager in the world but he will only get them to play to a level that's the best they can produce but unfortunately most of the players we have are not good enough even playing to their potential.

1 hour ago, Vision said:

To challenge for the title I reckon we need a spine of four players in the most important positions. these players must cost in the region of 3-4 million each.

3-4 million should at least buy you a player with pedigree and a winning mentality and the ability to make a telling impact on a game.

The positions I'm referring to are,

GK, I do like big Wes but I think he's beaten to many times from distance, sell for about 2m.

CB, Has to be someone in there prime, commanding and a leader, don't know who could partner him because all our CBs are pish.

AM, Someone who can see a pass, score goals and dictate in midfield.

ST, Has to have the ability to make his own chances, sniff out a half chance as well as convert the majority of his chances.

The rest of the team will be made up of most of the squad there just now with a few additions like free's and loans.

The board has to front load these funds Now, no use this 3-5 year pish. The money will be made back by being successful,

Speculate to accumulate n all that.

Who is going to pay £2 million for a bang average keeper with no presence?