Harry Cochrane

backup

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Well done to the boy as I've heard he had a good game yesterday but at the same time he was also fucking awful against us and gave the ball away almost every time he got it.

There seems to be a lot of opinions on here based on one game for literally everything. 

Sums here up tbh

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He is but he's one of those ones who is also a grafter. He's been thrown in a number of position and simply gets his head down and works hard. He was one of the ones I got the impression that Murty trusted to come in and do a job for him regardless of where he was played.

Do you think he will make the step up. He's the one I see coming on after Barjonas.

5 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

It's a training centre for the first team squad first and foremost.

its good that the younger players use it too but it's not an academy so it certainly is fit for purpose.

Do you mean this academy at murray park is not an academy and isn’t at murray park.

https://Rangers.co.uk/club/academy/

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Do you think he will make the step up. He's the one I see coming on after Barjonas.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he does. He seemed to have a fan in Caixinha towards the end of last season. He wouldn't be the obvious pick of the bunch to make the step up but his hard work will stand him in good stead.

9 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

It's a training centre for the first team squad first and foremost.

its good that the younger players use it too but it's not an academy so it certainly is fit for purpose.

That's an interesting view, and one I think maybe needs clear up. Maybe first and foremost Auchenhowie is what you say it is. I find it hard to believe it was the original vision of Advocaat though.

Just now, The Dude said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if he does. He seemed to have a fan in Caixinha towards the end of last season. He wouldn't be the obvious pick of the bunch to make the step up but his hard work will stand him in good stead.

He looked very good technically; who would you say would come after McCrorie and Barjonas?

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Our support isn't interested in youth development

I know what you mean.

It seems to be that any youngster coming into the team who doesn't immediately perform like Ronaldo or Messi is a waste of space and should be got rid of quick.

Delighted that young Cochrane roasted the kiddy fiddlers yesterday.

This insistence that Advocaat had about the size of the training ground/academy seemed to suggest that he had a definite view that this should be the bedrock to us producing players that would compliment our future transfer budgets. It's harsh, though, to be overtly critical of the club, because of what it has been through over the past few years. However, now that we are back I think we should hope to see us back we are trying to utilise it better, with players of a more technical variety coming through. Maybe the types of games the development squad are now playing will aid us in that.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

He looked very good technically; who would you say would come after McCrorie and Barjonas?

Liam Burt would probably be the top of the list. Elf may disagree but it’s probably fair to say there’s 3 groups. Those who are there or there abouts and need competitive games; Ones who are established within the 20s but still a bit away from first-team and then the ones recently added to the 20s group. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Liam Burt would probably be the top of the list. Elf may disagree but it’s probably fair to say there’s 3 groups. Those who are there or there abouts and need competitive games; Ones who are established within the 20s but still a bit away from first-team and then the ones recently added to the 20s group. 

Just he's just 18 Dude. Seems to have been around for ages! 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

This insistence that Advocaat about the size of the training ground/academy seemed to suggest that he had a definite view that this should be the bedrock to us producing players that would compliment our future transfer budgets. It's harsh though, to be overtly critical of the club, because of what it has been through over the past few years. However, now that we are back I think we should hope to see us back we are trying to utilise it better, with players of a more technical variety. Maybe the types of games the development squad are now playing will aid us on that.

That’s very much the aim. Improving the boys technical ability and in-game thought process against a level of player which should be higher than what we have. Having players who can scrap and fight when it gets tasty is great - and they get plenty chance to learn that side domestically - so it’s about teaching them how to cope with teams who are quicker, sharper, taller, better passers etc and how to combat it.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Just he's just 18 Dude. Seems to have been around for ages! 

The big clear out towards the end of McCoist/under Warburton will, potentially prove in time to be one of the best things that happened. Getting a load of 19/20/21 year olds put the door and promoting 15/16s to the top youth group has helped this lot kick on but aye, it makes some of them seem like they’ve been around forever.

Just now, The Dude said:

That’s very much the aim. Improving the boys technical ability and in-game thought process against a level of player which should be higher than what we have. Having players who can scrap and fight when it gets tasty is great - and they get plenty chance to learn that side domestically - so it’s about teaching them how to cope with teams who are quicker, sharper, taller, better passers etc and how to combat it.

In some respects this is arguably the most dynamic development, no pun intended, to have happened at the club in recent times. That we have young players who are going up against a higher level, without a great deal pressure, could be a great opportunity for something special to come from it.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

In some respects this is arguably the most dynamic development, no pun intended, to have happened at the club in recent times. That we have young players who are going up against a higher level, without a great deal pressure, could be a great opportunity for something special to come from it.

One thing I mentioned to Mulholland about it was that even the travel aspect (similar to that of a CL/EL trip) will possibly help in years down the line when the players who done this as a kid are doing similar as a senior pro and having to fly out Monday to Spain, France, Holland etc, acclimatise, play, travel home, play here a few days later. 

The only thing that slightly concerns/pisses me off is that other teams seem to be able to get younger players into their teams and actually get something from them. We struggle really badly with that, and I don't know why that is. Is it lack of faith in the youth players? Could they do a job for us if given the chance to shine....or are they just not as good? If not good enough then we should be looking at why that is. 

Or is it more to do with needing to buy seasoned pro's because we need to be winning things, rather than just being happy finishing top 6 and establishing younger players? Dunno, but it's bothered me for a long time now.

Just now, The Dude said:

One thing I mentioned to Mulholland about it was that even the travel aspect (similar to that of a CL/EL trip) will possibly help in years down the line when the players who done this as a kid are doing similar as a senior pro and having to fly out Monday to Spain, France, Holland etc, acclimatise, play, travel home, play here a few days later. 

I'm glad you pointed that out to him, I'm sure he wouldn't have figured it out by himself.

You will never get all decisions right in  who stays & who goes.

Chelsea bought Lukaku back after punting him and he was a lot older than Cochrane. They also offloaded De Bruyne & Salah who have been standouts this season.

The younger they are the more difficult it is as some are late bloomers etc.  

Maybe we bumped Cochrane and kept Billy Gilmour!!

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In so many aspects it could be a big plus. Defences have to go up a notch, the yield on making a good pass, or taking a scoring opportunity. It's hard to see any negatives with it.

Just now, Bearsden bear said:

You will never get all decisions right in  who stays & who goes.

Chelsea bought Lukaku back after punting him and he was a lot older than Cochrane. They also offloaded De Bruyne & Salah who have been standouts this season.

The younger they are the more difficult it is as some are late bloomers etc.  

Maybe we bumped Cochrane and kept Billy Gilmour!!

Had Gilmour stayed it would have erased so much of the pain of the past few years! I wish him well, but if only he had stayed!

It is interesting the talk about Harry and it also shows how it is so different playing for Hearts and playing for Rangers. When he left Rangers I know a few of the scouts and coaches were disappointed as I was. I take an interest in any player released by Rangers, especially if it was one I thought we should be keeping.

Hearts more than any other club promote their young players through the age groups, Rangers have kind of dabbled but it is not the norm.

Could I see any current Rangers under 17's playing in the first team now, the answer would be no. Of the 17's only Danny Finlayson has played anywhere near regularly at 20's