A Christmas Present for Wee Josh - make your donation here.

govanblue

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbf, the players are usually brilliant wi kids like Joshua.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Makes me.thibk they've not been told tbh 

Apparently the players were all very enamoured with Josh, and I forget the details, but I was reliably informed that Lee deviated from his usual routine in some significant ways which he had never done for anyone else.  Hang on, I think it might have been "talking:lol:

In fact, they even persuaded the SPFL to let them break the rules to allow the officials/captains/mascots stuff to happen at the dugout, rather than the centre circle.

But yeah, I don't think they knew of any of our activity around Josh, or what the aim was.  If they did, I'm sure they'd have chipped in themselves. :p:

Which brings me to:

I come up with loads of brilliant plans, which just never quite see the light of day.

I planned to hand-deliver a donation-demand (!!!) letter to Lee Wallace & the players while they were in the dugout.  Had it half-composed in my head.  

I planned to print 30,000 leaflets before his mascot appearance. Had a stab at the leaflet design - I forget how far I got with it.

But with everything else going on in my life, there was just too much going on elsewhere, and those things, and many others just didn't happen.

As I said - Just not the right man for that job.  :p:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How much money did the charity foundation donate when the target was achievable before the cost rocketed? And some proof of it if possible 

zero.

I don't think anyone asked them for a cash donation.

RCF get hundreds in fact thousands of requests for help and assistance, but giving money to these myriad appeals is simply not an option for RCF, nor is it for any other similar community charity.  It's just not.  What they CAN do, is promote his cause and encourage Rangers Fans to help - but that's it really.

The RM Erskine Fund on the other hand - we can do anything we want - as long as our Members approve.  :p:

18 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Zero is just a guess btw - I've never asked them, so don't know for sure, but I think it's safe to assume zero, because the RCF isn't really allowed to donate like that, as I keep saying.

Why isn’t it allowed to donate like that though? There’s a decision maker who I’ve no time for, he could amend the articles (if they exist) to help the wee dude out when the target was achievable could he not?

if not then fair enough but it makes me feel it’s worth even less than I did earlier 

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why isn’t it allowed to donate like that though? There’s a decision maker who I’ve no time for, he could amend the articles (if they exist) to help the wee dude out when the target was achievable could he not?

if not then fair enough but it makes me feel it’s worth even less than I did earlier 

The articles are not his to rewrite.  They're imposed externally and are universal for this type of community charity.  The charity has very clear rules about what and how they can donate.    Here's how they put it.

The Foundation works with charity partners each season to fund projects that have a lasting and significant impact in our community and beyond.  This season we are working with Glasgow City Mission, the Simon Community, the Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity, Scottish Autism, three services-related charities and Unicef, the world’s leading children’s charity. 

We are also very proud of our own work in the community.  Every season we help thousands of fundraisers support causes close to their hearts by making in-kind donations and we assist various community initiatives such as our local food bank.  Our comprehensive community programme also reaches thousands of children and adults with important messages and training regarding health and fitness, employment, equality, diversity and education.

Josh falls into the 2nd of those 4 categories, and while he does, they can't treat him as the first category.  If Josh was a registered charity, and was fundraising for a cause, rather than an indicudual, then RCF would  perhaps be able to at least consider it.  But while he's an individual with a personal request, then it's limited to "in-kind benefits", such as mascot appearances, shirts for auctioning etc.

Kai.  Don't read the blank space - it's not what you need to hear at Christmas!  :lol:

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

As I said - Just not the right man for that job.  :p:

FFS mate, don't do yourself down. You just about single-handedly cajoled people into rasing a huge amount of money.

Your mirror probably enjoys watching you shave in it, if you know what I mean.

9 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

FFS mate, don't do yourself down. You just about single-handedly cajoled people into rasing a huge amount of money.

:cheers:

Well said mate ..... if the team had half the heart and (hand) drive that GB has we would be doing just fine.

:UK:

11 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

Well said mate ..... if the team had half the heart and (hand) drive that GB has we would be doing just fine.

With the Home Crowd behind me, I'm unstoppable - but I don't travel well.  

:lol:

I still need to update the Secret Santa List to include the most recent donations, but I can't access that list till I get home tonight.

So in the meantime, here's a message from @mark adair:

Would like to say a massive thank you to govanblue and all involved in sending Joshua his Christmas gift. Joshua is doing really well and getting big and cheeky ( no change there :lol: ).  Still no update as to getting any help from the NHS as they have not answered me back even after chasing it several times. I will let you all know if they do.

Thank you once again everyone. WATP.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, mark adair said:

Thank you once again guys and gals for Joshua’s Christmas we are looking at putting it towards a new bike for him. Hope all are well as can be expected after the new year. Happy new year to you all and may this year bring you all you wish WATP. 

E9D8CA2C-83B6-44C0-B401-0A8D58CBF08A.jpeg

The same to you and all your family mate ...... x 100.

5 hours ago, mark adair said:

Thank you once again guys and gals for Joshua’s Christmas we are looking at putting it towards a new bike for him. Hope all are well as can be expected after the new year. Happy new year to you all and may this year bring you all you wish WATP. 

Have another £130 towards it, courtesy of  @Samuel no 1 and @WILLIAM BEAR

:rangers:

Money transferred.  :tu:

6 hours ago, mark adair said:

Looks well happy with that

On 26/12/2017 at 00:39, K.A.I said:

How much money did the charity foundation donate when the target was achievable before the cost rocketed? And some proof of it if possible 

As everyone else I dono the ins and outs by makin direct contributions to a person rather than an organisation that helps deal with the 'greater good' could be easily mis led, misguided and cause issues for the foundation.  And as sad as it is to say, could lead to abuse of the system. 

There could be 2,3,4 people in the same situ as wee josh that are bears, or even just Scots, brits, that don't have the same profile as josh who wouldn't be gaining from direct funding so it's safer (and more correct)for a charity to avoid going into specifics of persons and aim to fund an organisation who aim to help everyone. 

1 minute ago, orangecountry said:

As everyone else I dono the ins and outs by makin direct contributions to a person rather than an organisation that helps deal with the 'greater good' could be easily mis led, misguided and cause issues for the foundation.  And as sad as it is to say, could lead to abuse of the system. 

There could be 2,3,4 people in the same situ as wee josh that are bears, or even just Scots, brits, that don't have the same profile as josh who wouldn't be gaining from direct funding so it's safer (and more correct)for a charity to avoid going into specifics of persons and aim to fund an organisation who aim to help everyone. 

Don’t really care to be honest that’s a cop out after spunking thousands on things we shouldn’t be going near ie refugee buses on the behest of that Asian MP it makes me sick 

GB I know I’ve git a tenner to give you not forgot 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don’t really care to be honest that’s a cop out after spunking thousands on things we shouldn’t be going near ie refugee buses on the behest of that Asian MP it makes me sick 

Thing is that's one persons( your) opinion a charity can't work like that. It has to view things as no such thing as a bad cause because everyone, you, me, him and her all have different opinions on a good cause. Josh's parents might see his case as number one priority and child no.2's parents can look on at like why is my son not getting this care and attention, I've paid into the foundation. That's where crowd funding has came into its own. We've all done it in some shape or form, we've all had a whip round for the lad off work with cancer or caring for a dying loved one, but not many of us donate to charity on a regular basis to charities offering services to people regardless of popular appeal. 

3 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Thing is that's one persons( your) opinion a charity can't work like that. It has to view things as no such thing as a bad cause because everyone, you, me, him and her all have different opinions on a good cause. Josh's parents might see his case as number one priority and child no.2's parents can look on at like why is my son not getting this care and attention, I've paid into the foundation. That's where crowd funding has came into its own. We've all done it in some shape or form, we've all had a whip round for the lad off work with cancer or caring for a dying loved one, but not many of us donate to charity on a regular basis to charities offering services to people regardless of popular appeal. 

Of course it’s one persons opinion I.e mine and it’s fucking Shite so I’ll keep my opinion and keep on sharing it 

popular appeal? Try unpopular appeal that’s the point 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Of course it’s one persons opinion I.e mine and it’s fucking Shite so I’ll keep my opinion and keep on sharing it 

popular appeal? Try unpopular appeal that’s the point 

Well, in this case wee josh wouldn't be unpopular appeal, he's very much popular. 

Regardless, I initially came on to see how much lads had raised for the wee guy and congratulate them. Not to get into a discussion on the goods and bads of charity as it'll not prove anything useful to those in need. My opinion though, both are very much sadly needed in today's world. Direct funding, as you're suggesting , is the most efficient as its ran by a loved one for no cost. Large charities may be ran as non profit but they still pay rich people's wages to run the organisation, or should I say company because that's what they are at the end of the day. Good or bad. 

3 hours ago, orangecountry said:

We're not a charity though.

We're just a bunch of Bears helping out our mate.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm gonna add a pound on to it every time you mention that fucking bus!

:p:

3 hours ago, orangecountry said:

We're still not a charity.

What foundation have you paid into, and what has that to do with anything?

Might I suggest that you haven't done enough research before forming your opinion. :p: