A Christmas Present for Wee Josh - make your donation here.

govanblue

2 minutes ago, govanblue said:

We're still not a charity.

What foundation have you paid into, and what has that to do with anything?

Might I suggest that you haven't done enough research before forming your opinion. :p:

I think he's meaning the RCF gb and not your fund.

I think 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think he's meaning the RCF gb and not your fund.

I think 

I think so too, and that's why I'm not letting it lie. :p:

One really should make sure they've got the right end of the stick, before telling others how to live their lives. :p:

10 hours ago, orangecountry said:

There could be 2,3,4 people in the same situ as wee josh that are bears, or even just Scots, brits, that don't have the same profile as josh who wouldn't be gaining from direct funding so it's safer (and more correct)for a charity to avoid going into specifics of persons and aim to fund an organisation who aim to help everyone. 

There will be some, though not many, people in a similar situation.  Most kids get the chance to reach their teens at least.

But what does that have to do with anything.  Are you saying that because Josh isn't the only person in need, we shouldn't support him?  People get raped and murdered every day - does that mean we should just let one happen right under our noses, because it's not unique?

btw - Josh hasn't really got a profile.  Any profile he does have here is due to the fact that we've built it amongst ourselves, because we want to help him - not because he's famous.

"It's better to fund a charity than an individual" - many people would consider the opposite true.  Here at the RangersMedia Erskine Fund, we've found a middle-ground, where we can enjoy the best of both worlds - oh and of course - you should donate!!! :p:

i think at @orangecountry is getting a bit of   undue stick here. I don’t think he’s saying that TRF shouldn’t help wee josh, more like they can’t. I think they need to give cash to registered companies ie Erskine, poppy Scotland, the armed forces and such and they can’t help individuals (as much as we would like them to). They probably get letters from families such as josh on a daily basis where families are in great need and trying everything to help their child but where would TRF draw the line? They couldn’t help all of them. It’s sad but it’s a fact unfortunately.

Josh is close to our hearts because of RM and because it’s been highlighted on RM if I had the money to send Josh to America for his much needed treatment believe me I would, as would many on here. Unfortunately though someone else might see another child with a different illness as a priority to them because of where they have saw it. Don’t know if I’m making sense! I am in my mind ?

44 minutes ago, jintybear said:

i think at @orangecountry is getting a bit of   undue stick here. I don’t think he’s saying that TRF shouldn’t help wee josh, more like they can’t. I think they need to give cash to registered companies ie Erskine, poppy Scotland, the armed forces and such and they can’t help individuals (as much as we would like them to). They probably get letters from families such as josh on a daily basis where families are in great need and trying everything to help their child but where would TRF draw the line? They couldn’t help all of them. It’s sad but it’s a fact unfortunately.

Josh is close to our hearts because of RM and because it’s been highlighted on RM if I had the money to send Josh to America for his much needed treatment believe me I would, as would many on here. Unfortunately though someone else might see another child with a different illness as a priority to them because of where they have saw it. Don’t know if I’m making sense! I am in my mind ?

Ah, right!!!  :duh:

That would certainly make more sense.    :lol:

51 minutes ago, jintybear said:

i think at @orangecountry is getting a bit of   undue stick here. I don’t think he’s saying that TRF shouldn’t help wee josh, more like they can’t. I think they need to give cash to registered companies ie Erskine, poppy Scotland, the armed forces and such and they can’t help individuals (as much as we would like them to). They probably get letters from families such as josh on a daily basis where families are in great need and trying everything to help their child but where would TRF draw the line? They couldn’t help all of them. It’s sad but it’s a fact unfortunately.

Aye yer right enough.  He is talking about the RCF, not the RMEF :lol:

I should probably get my facts right before I start telling people how to live their lives.  :p:

@orangecountry - sorry bud!   Chuck a tenner into the RM Erskine Fund, and we'll call it quits.  :p:

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Aye yer right enough.  He is talking about the RCF, not the RMEF :lol:

I should probably get my facts right before I start telling people how to live their lives.  :p:

@orangecountry - sorry bud!   Chuck a tenner into the RM Erskine Fund, and we'll call it quits.  :p:

??? am no aw bad honest.