Murty until the end of the season

Bears r us

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably the right decision now despite how hard it is to swallow but the board have forced us into this through their own incompetence. Hope he does well and we'll be able to make a better appointment next summer, which could have been this summer had the board been able to see the inevitable after Progres. Hiring Pedro Caixinha will have nearly cost us 18 months of progress.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

You strike me as the kinda guy that gets excited at getting socks for Christmas.

Murty having an input in signings is better than waiting til new year to appoint a new manager who has to use the players signed beforehand.

This is a big mess, but at this point in time, I'm glad he will have his say.

As for Christmas: tenor.gif?itemid=4808469

4 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Appointing him after a home pumping to st johnstone as well ? Am gone back to bed am done for today and I only woke up an hour ago.

Can only imagine they got the ball rolling on this a while ago, having decided they couldn't find or afford an experienced alternative to McInnes, and have been hoping results would hold up while they finalised it. Just typical of this board that - if they were going to make a call like this - they didn't even have the nous to rush it through after the Hibs result. 

I've got immense respect for Graeme Murty and he has my 100% support.

But the Board of Directors have lost even the mere appearance of backing from me. This is now officially embarrassing. One of the most successful and prestigious clubs in the world cannot appoint a manager because the board of directors cannot come up with a decent salary and have made what should be one of the most sought after jobs a post that no one with a reputation worth bothering about wants.

They need to start seeking a new buyer for the club because it is now absolutely crystal clear to me that they cannot take us any further.  An absent without leave and lugubrious chairman, penniless directors like Paul Murray, a Managing Director like Stewart Robertson who is clearly a cretin and a DOF who knows fuck all about anything is not the way forward.

I have NEVER reached this point before but they all must GO. 

truly feel sorry for Murty. He gets my full backing and i'm grateful that he's taken the task and seems to have the confidence that thi sseason isn't over but he is going to be the next fall guy for these incompetent cunts in the boardroom if we come 3rd/4th and it won't be his fault, it'll be lack of funds for players in January and no public backing when things go wrong.

All the best Murty, i really hope you can pull off winning the league or at least taking second place and instill some belief and a Rangers mentality into the squad.

Just now, The Monk said:

Also a bit embarrassing that the club released a public statement questioning McInnes' mentality and bottle, only to then give the managers job to an u20 coach after two months of searching.

Agree, a guy who's admitted he's out his depth.

He had a good chance of getting it after the Aberdeen and Hibs games (I started a thread saying as much) but the St Johnstone game should probably have put an end to his chances. It was one poor result against poor teams too many.

I bet plenty of people have shown interest in the job and then decided they want nothing to do with it once they have had a look under the bonnet. Just shows that nobody wants to work for this toxic board.

Wish him the best. Knew it was coming, the only surprise is that they didn't announce it right after the hibs game when fans would've been a bit blinded by the run of results.

Poor guy is being thrown under the bus and too nice a guy to say no.

Archived