Famous Rangers commentator quotes

eejay the dj

Was just thinking last few days . Reminiscing as I do .

To some of the most wonderful days to be a Rangers supporter.

Was thinking about famous quotes from commentators that will stick with us for ever

The two I never forget .

1992 . Just after our epic and never to be forgotten Semi final against the rhodents

Playing with 10 men for 84 minutes and up against it . We win 1-0 and the place is bedlam at the end

Looking back at the Sky  commentary . Martin Tyler with the immortal line

" Never write off Rangers " 

2005 . Helicopter Sunday 1

The last minutes of the game every bear will remember until the end .

" It will never ever get any better than this " I said to my brother and nephew seconds after the final whistle /

The commentator that day . Gerry McNee with the unforgettable line

" It looks like Rangers are going to win an unlikely Championship " In the midst of bedlam , no bear will ever forget ..

Hope these make a few of you smile .

Have you any that stick in your mind guys?

Wishing you all a brilliant Christmas bears

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Was thinking about famous quotes from commentators that will stick with us for ever

The two I never forget .

1992 . Just after our epic and never to be forgotten Semi final against the rhodents

Playing with 10 men for 84 minutes and up against it . We win 1-0 and the place is bedlam at the end

" It will never ever get any better than this " I said to my brother and nephew seconds after the final whistle /

" It looks like Rangers are going to win an unlikely Championship " In the midst of bedlam , no bear will ever forget ..

I always loved the uefa semi final quote ( might not be 100% accurate) - ‘Rangers are going to Manchester and Manchester might not be big enough’. Just after the novo penalty 

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I always loved the uefa semi final quote ( might not be 100% accurate) - ‘Rangers are going to Manchester and Manchester might not be big enough’. Just after the novo penalty 

First one i thought of. Love it.

15 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Peter Drury. Brilliant commentator! He and Jim Beglin were great during the road to Manchester season!!

2 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

"The Helicopter Has Changed Direction!!!!"

By Peter McGuire- this one for me. 

Gerry McNee “for the hat trick and the Championship”. Gazza’s penalty against the sheep for 8 in a row.

We had English commentators on our 1st Champions league run (think they thought Leeds would make it)

And after the Scott Nisbet screamer against Bruges the bold Alan Parry was obviously caught up in the whole atmosphere of the night but his.."It could be the luckiest goal we see in Europe this season...BUT WHO CARES"

always stuck with me...

22 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Peter Drury. Brilliant commentator! He and Jim Beglin were great during the road to Manchester season!!

"Manchester brace yourself " Seems very strange given all our events in the past few years to listen to unbiased commentators actually sounding happy and delighted that we were doing so well in that run

“Into the last minute of stoppage time. Kevin Thomsons corner, it’s bougherra, Boruc stops it, Boyd, and Edu has put it in, Maurice Edu right at the end and Rangers take a giant leap towards back to back titles. The definitive better late than never goal from Maurice Edu.” - My favourite apart from helicopter Sunday.

or “Is there gonna be a twist in the tale, LOVENKRANDS. Yes there is.”

57 minutes ago, Siwel said:

“Into the last minute of stoppage time. Kevin Thomsons corner, it’s bougherra, Boruc stops it, Boyd, and Edu has put it in, Maurice Edu right at the end and Rangers take a giant leap towards back to back titles. The definitive better late than never goal from Maurice Edu.” - My favourite apart from helicopter Sunday.

or “Is there gonna be a twist in the tale, LOVENKRANDS. Yes there is.”

The mo edu one . You can hear provan through tears declaring " I think we have just seen the goal that's won the championship ian" 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

The two I never forget .

Was there not something along the same lines by the english commentators after we came back and drew with Marseille ? Something about Rangers not knowing when they are beaten ?