***Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread***

Davy Vandenbroucke

55 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Still a fan of Niko and thought he brought a lot in his 20 mins cameo 2 games ago. I know everyone here has written him off but for me he's a starter given what else we have. Would go

Fod

Tav Alves Wilson Hod

McCrorie

Jack John

Niko

Morelos Hardie

Hardie because he got a hat-trick for the u20s ten days ago and Windass has shown time and again he can't head the ball. Yesterday and last week - that's three sitters he's missed.

Oh and Pena and Herrera shouldn't make the bench. Hopefully Lee W will be fit enough to make the bench though...

Kinda eccys are you on?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Still a fan of Niko and thought he brought a lot in his 20 mins cameo 2 games ago. I know everyone here has written him off but for me he's a starter given what else we have. Would go

Fod

Tav Alves Wilson Hod

McCrorie

Jack John

Niko

Morelos Hardie

Hardie because he got a hat-trick for the u20s ten days ago and Windass has shown time and again he can't head the ball. Yesterday and last week - that's three sitters he's missed.

Oh and Pena and Herrera shouldn't make the bench. Hopefully Lee W will be fit enough to make the bench though...

You do realise that the opposition manager doesn't normally pick our starting 11 don't you?

Wes

Alves       Wilson       Cardoso

Tav                                                               DJ

Mccrorie

Jack                   Holt

Pena

Morelos

0-0 to Rangers

On 23/12/2017 at 20:25, Bronzy said:

Think we'll pick ourselves up and put in a good performance.

9-0 Motherwell (Bowman 1, Robinson 8)

Pure pish patter. Another game jinxed by your crap match threads. Starting to think you are betting on the opposition.:thinking:

Why are people predicting the filth result too. Even we can only lose one game at a time. Well, so far....

Oh, and Merry Xmas. Hope all your children get what what they want are buzzing all day long.

Has Murty got enough in his experience and capability in his locker to know how to command and lead and inspire, and then to actually do it effectively?    I don't believe so.

Can a set of effectively directionless piss poor average players get out of a rut of losing to supposedly lesser teams at Ibrox (or anwhere else for that matter)?    It's hard to see what they have about them as a team to wear the jersey with pride and to do a proper Rangers job.

With Murty having declared after the last loss that they need to do the basics better, will he have uses the time wisely to instil in the team the means by which they collectively do the basics better?    Nope.   Apart from anything else he hasn't had the time, and he hasn't got that ability.   He follows with stunning accuracy and predictability the Warburton path of analysing after the event then spectacularly failing when it comes to taking immediate and effective corrective action.

Will the pressure from the crowd be too much for the mentally and phyisically fragile players to handle, especially when the Motherwell side gets into its fully aggressive in-your-faces mode?    Nope.

Alistair Johnstone said a couple of months ago the Rangers directors are not blind and are not deaf.    Seems to me he was being so economical with the truth that it barely qualifies for being the truth.   A deaf and blind board would not have taken months in an appalling effort to fail to land a properly experienced suitable manager, and then to appoint a patently inappropriate rookie to the job.   That's taking corporate deafness and blindness to its limits.   It beggars belief that they could abandon their duty as guardians of the Club by recklessly failing to appoint a proper manager and as a result to expose the Support to the ridicule of a team that is inadequately led and which risks spiralling down the league table as a result.    

I wonder if the directors, those brave enough to attend the game,, will hear and see a bit more about the feelings a lot of Supporters have if the game is lost and / or if it is clear that the performance is yet another shambles.       

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

A new series starts Wednesday 27th December at 9pm on BBC2., Unfortunately it doesn't clash with our match so I will end up watching 90 mins of abject boredom

As the great man himself would say "Smell my  cheese!"

Lovely stuff, back of the net!

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

Right be honest. Who's going along to this mainly because you want to get out of the house for a few hours :lol:

It's that bad she's telling me to go to the game and I'm saying I could paint the hallway (she's wanted it done for 5 years now) instead ?

Living abroad means I haven't been to a game for many years. Used to have the season ticket in the east enclosure. Anyway, I am home for Xmas, and just received a ticket for this game from my brother for Xmas.. And I tell you what, shit Rangers team or not, I can't fucking wait to see the grand old stadium again and step foot in it. Like an excited  kid going to their first ever game.  In the club deck too, , never been before.

5 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Right be honest. Who's going along to this mainly because you want to get out of the house for a few hours :lol:

Yes indeed.  It provides good cover for getting out.  That's not to say I actually have to go to the game.    Other diversions in the form of a visit to the pub start to appeal as being much safer for my health than raging at ineptitude, capitulation and lack of fighting for the jersey that would be absolutely bound to have a bad effect on my heart condition.  

Going to games under Murty and with this set of first team players taking the proverbial piss out of the Support is taking on the characteristics of duty for which medals were once issued.    Endurance at and above the call of duty is the territory we are headed to.

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

No Windass means we'll probably be starting Pena or Herrera - I hope it's Pena personally.

Jack's back which I think is a positive. Also, I wonder whether Bruno will be playing or still "injured"?

Not looking forward to this in the slightest sadly.

Just in time to get banned for the taigs game 

Archived