***Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread***

Davy Vandenbroucke

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Shocking performance but good 3 points. Tonight i thought was poor for getting on the teams back right from the start and you could see players confidence go. Some of the sick Niko was getting from a couple of guys i was sitting beside was socking. I  thought he was not bad the night, we looked dangerous when he was spraying passes in the first half but should have been taken off after 60 mins the legs were gone and he was blowing out his arse. Defense were decent apart from the chance right at the start. we really struggle  with width down both sides. You get people moaning at Tav for not bombing down the wing but these people are the same ones moaning when he is caught out of position we the other team win the ball back, he has no1 to cover him. McCrorie needs to stop picking up silly bookings last couple of games he has and then runs the risk of getting sent off and the depleted team as it is can't afford daft suspensions. Morelos and Herrera need time together, daft things like them both going for the same ball will develop once they form a partnership and have a better understanding of who is making what runs. Murty needs to learn some game management waits far too long to freshen things up when he could be making things easier for the team and also when defending a corner Niko should never be the furthest forward he has no pace which is useless when it comes to a counter attack. 

Thanks for that, wasn't there, didn't watch it, so no improvement then?

Can you use paragraphs next time though, my eyes are old

Why did Murty make a double substitution after 80 mins at 2-0 up. Surely you put one on, slow everything right down then do the same a minute later? Wee silly things like this annoying me but glad to grind that out tonight.

2 hours ago, ChrisMcb said:

Morella could be the new partnership 

Shouldn’t that be Morerra?

2 hours ago, Smile said:

We seem to have dropped down to the level of most of these teams now every game could go either way.

I guess that’s what happens after the sacking of manager after manager when we have no money to replace them with quality.

3 hours ago, james_85 said:

Shocking performance but good 3 points. Tonight i thought was poor for getting on the teams back right from the start and you could see players confidence go. Some of the sick Niko was getting from a couple of guys i was sitting beside was socking. I  thought he was not bad the night, we looked dangerous when he was spraying passes in the first half but should have been taken off after 60 mins the legs were gone and he was blowing out his arse. Defense were decent apart from the chance right at the start. we really struggle  with width down both sides. You get people moaning at Tav for not bombing down the wing but these people are the same ones moaning when he is caught out of position we the other team win the ball back, he has no1 to cover him. McCrorie needs to stop picking up silly bookings last couple of games he has and then runs the risk of getting sent off and the depleted team as it is can't afford daft suspensions. Morelos and Herrera need time together, daft things like them both going for the same ball will develop once they form a partnership and have a better understanding of who is making what runs. Murty needs to learn some game management waits far too long to freshen things up when he could be making things easier for the team and also when defending a corner Niko should never be the furthest forward he has no pace which is useless when it comes to a counter attack. 

You are spot on about Morelos and Herrera needing more time together,preferably back in South America somewhere 

Back home for Christmas and took the Mrs and Dad to the game in the Cooper suite costing about £700. Honestly in the first half I have never seen a Rangers team so hopeless. Herrera throughout both halves was terrible. The only saving grace was Motherwell were somehow worse than us.

Our fans were equally as bad as the team last night which took some going. In fairness the team didn't do much to change this. One guy behind me was shouting dogs abuse at Jack telling him to get up before he was stretchered off and most of the team were taking absolute pelters from the first minute. After the goal went in it lightened up a little.

The only exception was the Union Bears who were magnificent and creating noise all game long. 

In terms of the hospitality experience - Marvin Andrews came in before the game and told some helicopter Sunday stories before being asked his thoughts on the current team... He absolutely slaughtered them saying they lacked heart and consistency and those were the two things you needed more than talent at Rangers when you are picking up a big pay packet so he felt sorry for the fans. We got to have a look around the trophy room after the game and I seen Stuart Robertson and Kenny Miller cutting about. There was an opportunity to stay behind a while and a first team player would come to say hello but I fucked off as I had a long drive and whilst I will support them, I am not in awe of any of the current team. 

I would recommend the hospitality though, you are well looked after and it was a special experience for the Mrs and Dad.

18 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Don't need a big massive post, glad of the 3 points, we were absolutely fucking abysmal, again, how my eyes will recover from that shite I will never know. 

Just come into the thread to see what the thoughts were after I missed the game.

This is all I needed to know, not reading any further ?

5 hours ago, RDB14 said:

Back home for Christmas and took the Mrs and Dad to the game in the Cooper suite costing about £700. Honestly in the first half I have never seen a Rangers team so hopeless. Herrera throughout both halves was terrible. The only saving grace was Motherwell were somehow worse than us.

Our fans were equally as bad as the team last night which took some going. In fairness the team didn't do much to change this. One guy behind me was shouting dogs abuse at Jack telling him to get up before he was stretchered off and most of the team were taking absolute pelters from the first minute. After the goal went in it lightened up a little.

The only exception was the Union Bears who were magnificent and creating noise all game long. 

In terms of the hospitality experience - Marvin Andrews came in before the game and told some helicopter Sunday stories before being asked his thoughts on the current team... He absolutely slaughtered them saying they lacked heart and consistency and those were the two things you needed more than talent at Rangers when you are picking up a big pay packet so he felt sorry for the fans. We got to have a look around the trophy room after the game and I seen Stuart Robertson and Kenny Miller cutting about. There was an opportunity to stay behind a while and a first team player would come to say hello but I fucked off as I had a long drive and whilst I will support them, I am not in awe of any of the current team. 

I would recommend the hospitality though, you are well looked after and it was a special experience for the Mrs and Dad.

Feel sorry for you that it wasn't a better performance for you and your folks 

On 28/12/2017 at 17:08, chris182 said:

Feel sorry for you that it wasn't a better performance for you and your folks 

Cheers. Just seen this so sorry for late reply. To be honest mate I was just delighted to get to a game as you really miss them working abroad. If anything I'm lucky I missed the Killie and At Johnstone debacles and got a win. My dad was loving it too even if he couldn't really belt out the Sash in our seats!

Archived