Who would you rather have running us?

Bad Robot

Who would you rather have running us?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have running us?

• DK
    • DM
    • MA

11 minutes ago, HairyBeary said:

I’ll admit off the top of my head I don’t know but I refuse to buy into this arguement it’s king or Ashley .  One thing I am sure of though the continued presence of king will be scaring viable options away.

It's not a choice mate, Ashleys sold all this shares and says he's dun with football.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

The reason I would rather mike Ashley is that he is in fact a billionaire and if he woke up tomorrow with david Murray’s money he would probably jump off a fucking bridge 

He didn't become a billionaire from investing in a business like Scottish football. 

Really can't believe cunts would want Ashley anywhere near us. 

I don't like any of the choices tbh, but Ashley was in control for a very short period and completely shafted us. We're still paying for his deal that only he stood to benefit from. 

DM is the only one who put their money where their mouth was. I don't like the guy for the Whyte deal, but Whyte was a conman and Murray was probably in a situation where he wanted to believe that he could benefit Rangers. 

There is no money to be made in Scottish football.

We lose an average of 5m a year.

Getting into the Champions League regularly is very unlikely.

So your left with trying to develop and sell on players to make money. But there's other clubs with less demands for success that are more suitable to this approach.

So for an investor with no emotional connection, Rangers are a bad investment. All of the institution investor's are not going to invest after making heavily losses from the IPO.

Our options unfortunately are the present board and fan ownership.

I don't believe Ashley has ever been involved directly in football clubs solely to make money.  Football clubs are almost never good investments, they are playthings and status symbols for the super rich. 

I would have thought we would be an attractive option for many as Champions League football would be relatively easily attainable coupled with a history and pedigree that is already known around the world.  Hopefully a billionaire or two feels the same very soon! 

15 minutes ago, five stars said:

There is no money to be made in Scottish football.

We lose an average of 5m a year.

Getting into the Champions League regularly is very unlikely.

So your left with trying to develop and sell on players to make money. But there's other clubs with less demands for success that are more suitable to this approach.

So for an investor with no emotional connection, Rangers are a bad investment. All of the institution investor's are not going to invest after making heavily losses from the IPO.

Our options unfortunately are the present board and fan ownership.

On the last part I really hope you will be proved to be wrong . Anyway merry Xmas .

20 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Not voted, but it is very interesting that only 12% want to stay with King. :pipe:

Contrast that with the number of shareholders who voted for him at the AGM to be retained as a director.   There are an awful lot of shareholders who were prepared to back him.  The Rangers that is the company in contrast to Rangers that is the club the Support care most about.     The first (shareholders) have the real power the 2nd (the supporters) have notional power in the form of protest.   Its only when that notional power gains enough momentum to be a real power because it starts to directly affect money coming into the company, or it starts to attract strong media attention which becomes uncomfortable (unbearable) for King that supporter power outmuscles shareholder power.  

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

He didn't become a billionaire from investing in a business like Scottish football. 

I don't like any of the choices tbh, but Ashley was in control for a very short period and completely shafted us. We're still paying for his deal that only he stood to benefit from. 

DM is the only one who put their money where their mouth was. I don't like the guy for the Whyte deal, but Whyte was a conman and Murray was probably in a situation where he wanted to believe that he could benefit Rangers. 

Ashley was never in control :duh:

11 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Contrast that with the number of shareholders who voted for him at the AGM to be retained as a director.   There are an awful lot of shareholders who were prepared to back him.  The Rangers that is the company in contrast to Rangers that is the club the Support care most about.     The first (shareholders) have the real power the 2nd (the supporters) have notional power in the form of protest.   Its only when that notional power gains enough momentum to be a real power because it starts to directly affect money coming into the company, or it starts to attract strong media attention which becomes uncomfortable (unbearable) for King that supporter power outmuscles shareholder power.  

Wise words as usual RB, you just wonder if they (King) will bolt before the the majority of worms finally turn, I cannot think it will be too long.

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

Ashley was never actually in control of Rangers 

wasnt even a majority shareholder 

but if your asking me would I rather a very succsessful businessman rather than Murray and king then yes I would rather Ashley 

we need somebody with serious money

also he never actually shafted he made a deal with a bunch of compete Fanny’s that benefited him and not the fannys

Type of deals we need to be doing I’m my opinion 

I opted for Murray for a reason other than the unprecedented success we enjoyed during his tenure. He had a quality that should never be underestimated by any true Rangers fan and that was his ability to get under the skin of every single one of those jumped up tarrier bastards across the city. 

David Murray represented everything they envy about our club. A rich, successful, self made protestant businessman with an air of superiority,  and by fuck he knew how to press their buttons. He made them feel inferior, helpless even. God knows I spent nigh on 20 years of listening to their bleating on the radio in the days before it was R C Clyde.   He was the charismatic chairman of an institution they were brought up to despise since birth. For any younger bears who think they have hatred for Lawell you can multiply that by 10 such was the deep seated venom they reserved for Murray. 

Case in point is baw faced jap eyed peter himself, who to this day I personally maintain modelled himself on David Murray. Murray pulled all the media stunts in the book to unsettle and belittle the manky mob at any opportunity and I would bet my last penny that fat Lawell would have a picture of him on his dart board at during that era. 

It goes without saying he totally destroyed his legacy with an act of careless desperation from which we have yet to fully recover...........  However  the question asks who would you rather have running us? For me it's an easy one. Part of being a bear is the prospect of inflicting pain and jealousy on the filth and nobody done it better than D M.

11 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

I opted for Murray for a reason other than the unprecedented success we enjoyed during his tenure. He had a quality that should never be underestimated by any true Rangers fan and that was his ability to get under the skin of every single one of those jumped up tarrier bastards across the city. 

David Murray represented everything they envy about our club. A rich, successful, self made protestant businessman with an air of superiority,  and by fuck he knew how to press their buttons. He made them feel inferior, helpless even. God knows I spent nigh on 20 years of listening to their bleating on the radio in the days before it was R C Clyde.   He was the charismatic chairman of an institution they were brought up to despise since birth. For any younger bears who think they have hatred for Lawell you can multiply that by 10 such was the deep seated venom they reserved for Murray. 

Case in point is baw faced jap eyed peter himself, who to this day I personally maintain modelled himself on David Murray. Murray pulled all the media stunts in the book to unsettle and belittle the manky mob at any opportunity and I would bet my last penny that fat Lawell would have a picture of him on his dart board at during that era. 

It goes without saying he totally destroyed his legacy with an act of careless desperation from which we have yet to fully recover...........  However  the question asks who would you rather have running us? For me it's an easy one. Part of being a bear is the prospect of inflicting pain and jealousy on the filth and nobody done it better than D M.

Agree to some extent but MA is a billionaire and that level of clout can not be sniffed at

hes not a charlaton coming into run us into the ground fucking he probs makes more in interest in a month than he could ever get from raping us

5 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Agree to some extent but MA is a billionaire and that level of clout can not be sniffed at

hes not a charlaton coming into run us into the ground fucking he probs makes more in interest in a month than he could ever get from raping us

No disrespect to you mate but I think you need to reevaluate just how much of an uber cunt M A is. We don't need is ilk anywhere near Rangers 

27 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

No disrespect to you mate but I think you need to reevaluate just how much of an uber cunt M A is. We don't need is ilk anywhere near Rangers 

No disrespect to you but I think you need to re-evaluate just how much of a mess we are in

beggars can’t be choosers 

cant believe people think that a billionaire investor is a bad thing

One is a fat lying rich Geordie prick

One is a legless fat bastarts who sold us out because he couldn't be arsed standing up for us. It's his fault all of this is happening.

One is a criminal who calls himself a Rangers fan. He's by far the biggest liar this club has ever seen.

all fucking serpants

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

One is a fat lying rich Geordie prick

One is a legless fat bastarts who sold us out because he couldn't be arsed standing up for us. It's his fault all of this is happening.

One is a criminal who calls himself a Rangers fan. He's by far the biggest liar this club has ever seen.

all fucking serpants

But only one has money capable of reviving us

Mike Ashley couldn't move forward a club he supposedly loves so he's not going to be doing anything of note for some Scottish team who's fans detest him. 

He might be the pick of the bunch but when that bunch are rotten to the core it matters little. 3 stooges