Who would you rather have running us?

Bad Robot

Who would you rather have running us?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have running us?

• DK
    • DM
    • MA

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, backup said:

Murray lead us to where we are now by lying,divide and conquer and spending money that wasn’t his or ours, a black day when Souness introduced him to Ibrox.

There seems to be this opinion that we were on the way down and that Murray somehow changed that. Its absolute nonsense. 

Yes, Murray invested more, and it could be argued that we wouldnt have received the same level of investment without him, but the fact is the Souness revolution was already underway. Butcher, Woods, Wilkins, Walters, Roberts, Francis, were all here before Murray. 

His silence, even now, speaks volumes for me. He made a complete cunt of it and sold us off to whoever would take us through pure desperation. 

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

There seems to be this opinion that we were on the way down and that Murray somehow changed that. Its absolute nonsense. 

Yes, Murray invested more, and it could be argued that we wouldnt have received the same level of investment without him, but the fact is the Souness revolution was already underway. Butcher, Woods, Wilkins, Walters, Roberts, Francis, were all here before Murray. 

His silence, even now, speaks volumes for me. He made a complete cunt of it and sold us off to whoever would take us through pure desperation. 

Murray invested nothing,not one penny.

1 hour ago, NamibianBear said:

And as to those voting for MA........ open your eyes, he will not "save" us.

Mike Ashley is currently negotiating the sale of Newcastle FC with Amanda Stavely (wid) for a sum allegedly in the region of £300m but why is he selling?

Perhaps he’s selling because he needs to get his Sports Direct brand into Europe and to do that he needs Newcastle to get top 6 in the EPL on a regular basis so that they qualify for European competitions. Given the quality of the teams already up there and their not inconsiderable financial backing it will prove almost impossible for Newcastle to achieve that with the level of investment available from Ashley. In a nutshell he simply cannot compete on that level.

So, here’s the rub. Ashley sells Newcastle and buys Rangers reasonably cheaply and in turn rids us of Dave King and the rest of the Board as their investments are paid back with profit. Ashley sees Rangers as an inroad into European Football by investing a relatively small amount of money, enough to beat the manky mob for the league and qualify for Europe accordingly thus promoting his Sports Direct Brand across the continent.

Would you trust him though? I know I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t trust him not to sell the family silver to part fund his impious design, thus losing the stadium and the training facilities in one go.

So it's naw to all three for me.

11 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Mike Ashley is currently negotiating the sale of Newcastle FC with Amanda Stavely (wid) for a sum allegedly in the region of £300m but why is he selling?

Perhaps he’s selling because he needs to get his Sports Direct brand into Europe and to do that he needs Newcastle to get top 6 in the EPL on a regular basis so that they qualify for European competitions. Given the quality of the teams already up there and their not inconsiderable financial backing it will prove almost impossible for Newcastle to achieve that with the level of investment available from Ashley. In a nutshell he simply cannot compete on that level.

So, here’s the rub. Ashley sells Newcastle and buys Rangers reasonably cheaply and in turn rids us of Dave King and the rest of the Board as their investments are paid back with profit. Ashley sees Rangers as an inroad into European Football by investing a relatively small amount of money, enough to beat the manky mob for the league and qualify for Europe accordingly thus promoting his Sports Direct Brand across the continent.

Would you trust him though? I know I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t trust him not to sell the family silver to part fund his impious design, thus losing the stadium and the training facilities in one go.

Sports Direct have stores in Belgium, Germany, France, Portugal, Hungary, Austria and elsewhere across Europe. This whole Ashley wants us to well to get his brand in Europe is a load of fucking pish.

Ashley only wanted our club to stay around long enough until he'd extracted every last penny from our loyal supporters. 

I'm not saying Dave King or David Murray is better btw, it's just Ashley is the absolute worst of them all.

Surprises me that 65 people would actually prefer him to the other two given everything he did to us. 

3 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

Still no, MA wants whats best for MA, no one else.  A bit like the other two really (all you DK lovers, watch your backs...).  What we need a very rich bear who doesnt mind pumping a few quid in but that's not going to happen is it?

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Frighteningly people forget the only reason we ended 9iar era in profit is because murray flogged off a chunk of the club to a king controlled company and joe lewis, without that 60mill combined we'd have been royally humped when walters team needed rebuilding 

Good point Jim :tu:

7 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Sports Direct have stores in Belgium, Germany, France, Portugal, Hungary, Austria and elsewhere across Europe. This whole Ashley wants us to well to get his brand in Europe is a load of fucking pish.

Ashley only wanted our club to stay around long enough until he'd extracted every last penny from our loyal supporters. 

I'm not saying Dave King or David Murray is better btw, it's just Ashley is the absolute worst of them all.

Surprises me that 65 people would actually prefer him to the other two given everything he did to us. 

:tu:

7 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Just a pity he happens to be the richest and the other two paupers by cmparison.

:mutley:

8 hours ago, Falcoholic said:

Cheaper cheaper ways of promoting SD in Europe with guaranteed results, this is pure fantasy.

Given the evidence of their track records all have shown that they are prepared to damage the Club to achieve their own ends. Yes Dave Murray gave us glorious memories that I will never forget, but he left the Club teetering on the brink of extinction. Dave King was closely involved with Murray, and from the moment Green aquired the Club did his level best to undermine the Club from without until he gained control (undermine the Club ultimately undermined share price which also affected a lot of individual Bears who bought their shares for the best of reasons- hence he showed a complete disregard for that section of our support), since gaining control his promises have proved no more than words, he has been Chairman whilst we have gone through one Cluster after another, is in Court for all the wrong reasons- we are now toxic to the financial authorities, put his stooges on the Club payroll (nice when you can pay your pals with the fans season ticket money), and has overseen some of our worst and most humiliating football results. Cannot even be bothered to turn up for the day that really matters- if Dave King is a true reflection of a Rangers Man then God help this Club.

Mike Ashley from all reports is not a particularly caring individual, other than ensuring his own Bank Balance is intact. I am not sure we were allowed to see any positives to Ashley, by the way Dave King and his pals in the Sons of S went on the offensive against Ashley- hence the bad mean last days of his regime when it all got very personal between him and King. What Inhave seen Ashley do at Newcastle however- is he has managed to recruit a Top Manager and somehow keep him (for how long though), he also appears to be setting the Club up to pass the Club onto good hands if the Amanda Stavely sale goes through.

So based on the above- I have to say I would rather have none of them. But I guess it would therefore have to be the least worse option.

For me History to date has shown that despite the Glory, Dave Murray almost destroyed the Club. So he in my book is the worst option. Dave King seems to have learned nothing from the past and looks to be taking the Club down a similar road. But he has not yet destroyed the Club and may turn it around (although I see nothing to suggest he will). Mike Ashley is therefore the last man left standing- and he has cash. But you know that he will run the Club so that he profits. But he also is a good enough businessman  to know that real value is extracted when you sell the Club on as a viable going concern.

2 hours ago, Beaujolais said:

Given the evidence of their track records all have shown that they are prepared to damage the Club to achieve their own ends. Yes Dave Murray gave us glorious memories that I will never forget, but he left the Club teetering on the brink of extinction. Dave King was closely involved with Murray, and from the moment Green aquired the Club did his level best to undermine the Club from without until he gained control (undermine the Club ultimately undermined share price which also affected a lot of individual Bears who bought their shares for the best of reasons- hence he showed a complete disregard for that section of our support), since gaining control his promises have proved no more than words, he has been Chairman whilst we have gone through one Cluster after another, is in Court for all the wrong reasons- we are now toxic to the financial authorities, put his stooges on the Club payroll (nice when you can pay your pals with the fans season ticket money), and has overseen some of our worst and most humiliating football results. Cannot even be bothered to turn up for the day that really matters- if Dave King is a true reflection of a Rangers Man then God help this Club.

Mike Ashley from all reports is not a particularly caring individual, other than ensuring his own Bank Balance is intact. I am not sure we were allowed to see any positives to Ashley, by the way Dave King and his pals in the Sons of S went on the offensive against Ashley- hence the bad mean last days of his regime when it all got very personal between him and King. What Inhave seen Ashley do at Newcastle however- is he has managed to recruit a Top Manager and somehow keep him (for how long though), he also appears to be setting the Club up to pass the Club onto good hands if the Amanda Stavely sale goes through.

So based on the above- I have to say I would rather have none of them. But I guess it would therefore have to be the least worse option.

For me History to date has shown that despite the Glory, Dave Murray almost destroyed the Club. So he in my book is the worst option. Dave King seems to have learned nothing from the past and looks to be taking the Club down a similar road. But he has not yet destroyed the Club and may turn it around (although I see nothing to suggest he will). Mike Ashley is therefore the last man left standing- and he has cash. But you know that he will run the Club so that he profits. But he also is a good enough businessman  to know that real value is extracted when you sell the Club on as a viable going concern.

Seriously? Hop onto any Newcastle forum and read about the way Ashley runs his clubs. Under Ashley's tenure we failed to get promoted from the fucking Championship for crying out loud. 

You seem to be able to rationalise an argument very well, I'm flummoxed as to how you think Ashley was anything but disastrous. Did you take part in the share issue with Green? Don't have to answer if that's a personal question but whether you did or you didn't are you not disgusted with how that monies was spent? Or the retail deal which crippled our club? Or the insult of the 5 loan players (we paid for) who were injured? Or the rolling set of Chief Executives meaning we had no stable footing? Or the naming rights of Ibrox for a quid? 

I also want Dave King out the club and can't forgive what David Murray did, but in David Murray's case we've been punished retrospectively for EBTs and with King at least the club is operating in a relatively sane and stable manner - albeit there are still huge criticisms about the operational capacity of the current board. 

Ashley though, he's no better than Craig Whyte. 

I just can't believe DK and MA couldn't work something out instead of being self serving arseholes tbh . 

MA is a business man and will look for the best  possible deal , but he must have thought all his Christmases had come all at once with the deals he signed with CG with regards merchandise and advertising . What is astounding , for such a shrewd businessman , is his lack of forethought . Could he not see that being a lot more reasonable with his dealings with Rangers , he had the chance to be partly responsible for building a team lifting trophies , fit for European football and getting all the exposure that goes with that for his Sports Direct firm ? 

Was it greed ? Yeah , I'm sure there's a bit of that . 

There was also the aspect of being on the opposing side of DK . If there's one thing about the very wealthy is , it's not just always the money , it's also about saving face . Let's face it , the guy is worth about £3B so the few millions he gets off of us is small change to him , but having organised boycotts , as well as having the value of his shareholding being undermined , is nothing short of a public challenge , that put an end to any chance of DK and MA working together . Since then we have ambled along , and tbh , financially , no further forward . In fact , with bigger loans , we're arguably worse off . 

The two of them were more interested in themselves than they were in Rangers , so there's no vote for anyone from me .