Who would you rather have running us?

Bad Robot

Who would you rather have running us?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have running us?

• DK
    • DM
    • MA

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Seriously? Hop onto any Newcastle forum and read about the way Ashley runs his clubs. Under Ashley's tenure we failed to get promoted from the fucking Championship for crying out loud. 

You seem to be able to rationalise an argument very well, I'm flummoxed as to how you think Ashley was anything but disastrous. Did you take part in the share issue with Green? Don't have to answer if that's a personal question but whether you did or you didn't are you not disgusted with how that monies was spent? Or the retail deal which crippled our club? Or the insult of the 5 loan players (we paid for) who were injured? Or the rolling set of Chief Executives meaning we had no stable footing? Or the naming rights of Ibrox for a quid? 

I also want Dave King out the club and can't forgive what David Murray did, but in David Murray's case we've been punished retrospectively for EBTs and with King at least the club is operating in a relatively sane and stable manner - albeit there are still huge criticisms about the operational capacity of the current board. 

Ashley though, he's no better than Craig Whyte. 

Great post. Agree 100%

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Beaujolais said:

Given the evidence of their track records all have shown that they are prepared to damage the Club to achieve their own ends. Yes Dave Murray gave us glorious memories that I will never forget, but he left the Club teetering on the brink of extinction. Dave King was closely involved with Murray, and from the moment Green aquired the Club did his level best to undermine the Club from without until he gained control (undermine the Club ultimately undermined share price which also affected a lot of individual Bears who bought their shares for the best of reasons- hence he showed a complete disregard for that section of our support), since gaining control his promises have proved no more than words, he has been Chairman whilst we have gone through one Cluster after another, is in Court for all the wrong reasons- we are now toxic to the financial authorities, put his stooges on the Club payroll (nice when you can pay your pals with the fans season ticket money), and has overseen some of our worst and most humiliating football results. Cannot even be bothered to turn up for the day that really matters- if Dave King is a true reflection of a Rangers Man then God help this Club.

Mike Ashley from all reports is not a particularly caring individual, other than ensuring his own Bank Balance is intact. I am not sure we were allowed to see any positives to Ashley, by the way Dave King and his pals in the Sons of S went on the offensive against Ashley- hence the bad mean last days of his regime when it all got very personal between him and King. What Inhave seen Ashley do at Newcastle however- is he has managed to recruit a Top Manager and somehow keep him (for how long though), he also appears to be setting the Club up to pass the Club onto good hands if the Amanda Stavely sale goes through.

So based on the above- I have to say I would rather have none of them. But I guess it would therefore have to be the least worse option.

For me History to date has shown that despite the Glory, Dave Murray almost destroyed the Club. So he in my book is the worst option. Dave King seems to have learned nothing from the past and looks to be taking the Club down a similar road. But he has not yet destroyed the Club and may turn it around (although I see nothing to suggest he will). Mike Ashley is therefore the last man left standing- and he has cash. But you know that he will run the Club so that he profits. But he also is a good enough businessman  to know that real value is extracted when you sell the Club on as a viable going concern.

What you have conveniently failed to mention is that before SOS were formed or Dave King showed any serious interest in running the club the share price was plummeting at an alarming rate and that was down to Charles Green and his buddies. It's a common theme amongst a few on here to ignore this fact when talking about the share price.

You say you're not sure if we were allowed to see any positives to Ashley, Well I'm sure if there was any the old regime would have let us know what they were. 

Staying with Ashley what you have done is pointed out he has recruited a top level manager at Newcastle yet failed to mention all the managers he recruited who weren't in the same bracket as the current one, you also failed to mention Newcastle have been relegated twice under his guidance. 

He may well be setting the club up to pass the club onto good hands but tbh I doubt very much his motivation is for the good of the football club.

Without doubt David Murray left the club teetering on the edge which is unforgivable and Dave King to date has failed to deliver on his promises as well as overseen some clusterfucks, for which he deserves all the criticism that comes his way. That leaves Ashley and I suppose if you ignore how he treated Rangers when he had his placemen in the Ibrox boardroom or ignore turbulent times at Newcastle under his leadership just as you have done then he could well be seen as the last man standing.

42 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

What you have conveniently failed to mention is that before SOS were formed or Dave King showed any serious interest in running the club the share price was plummeting at an alarming rate and that was down to Charles Green and his buddies. It's a common theme amongst a few on here to ignore this fact when talking about the share price.

You say you're not sure if we were allowed to see any positives to Ashley, Well I'm sure if there was any the old regime would have let us know what they were. 

Staying with Ashley what you have done is pointed out he has recruited a top level manager at Newcastle yet failed to mention all the managers he recruited who weren't in the same bracket as the current one, you also failed to mention Newcastle have been relegated twice under his guidance. 

He may well be setting the club up to pass the club onto good hands but tbh I doubt very much his motivation is for the good of the football club.

Without doubt David Murray left the club teetering on the edge which is unforgivable and Dave King to date has failed to deliver on his promises as well as overseen some clusterfucks, for which he deserves all the criticism that comes his way. That leaves Ashley and I suppose if you ignore how he treated Rangers when he had his placemen in the Ibrox boardroom or ignore turbulent times at Newcastle under his leadership just as you have done then he could well be seen as the last man standing.

But he's a Billionaire RR, a REAL Billionaire. He must be trustworthy. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

But he's a Billionaire RR, a REAL Billionaire. He must be trustworthy. 

?

To be fair, if you were the owner of a club that plays in the richest, most popular, most exposed league in the world, beamed into homes all over the globe and your stadium is one great big advert for your number one business why wouldn't you sell up and invest in Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

?

To be fair, if you were the owner of a club that plays in the richest, most popular, most exposed league in the world, beamed into homes all over the globe and your stadium is one great big advert for your number one business why wouldn't you sell up and invest in Scottish football.

It's decisions like that which probably got him where he is today. 

All successful businessmen have been c***** in their lives. They have to be as there is a never ending queue of other c***** trying to take their customers off them. Murray made mistakes running us, but no-one can deny that his attempts to make us successful were because he genuinely wanted Rangers to be CL Winners. I suspect all MA genuinely wants is 50K wallets showing up every other Saturday. As a business we would not receive a penny from him. Perversely, many fans think people like MA should simply gift money to us that they have spent their entire lives accumulating.

We need the Club run professionally first and foremost by people who genuinely care about every minute aspect of the operation.

Do this first and the investment will come from like-minded others.