Has Murty already failed?

AM1872

Murty is nowhere near good enough (at least not yet) to be our manager. I don't think many have ever had any doubts about that. 

The board are pathetically trying to make out it's a sound appointment that they all wanted to cover their own backs. Murty is understandably honoured to be in the job given the fact that he's an U20's coach and is doing his best. 

This is entirely on the board's head.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ffs, he's bringing them back so he can build his own squad and give them all a chance. Pretty much normal practice. 

I doubt Wallace will start before the NY but it's positive that he's on his way back. 

Away and enjoy your Christmas and stop being so negative.

I don’t think he’s failed already, but other than windass he’s not got much more from the players at all.  With regards to the January window I don’t think he’ll be very demanding of players, he doesn’t come across as a guy who will challenge the board to meet his ambitions.  If he has an ambition to win things then he’s picked the wrong place to try that really.  This board won’t truly back any manager to make us winners and unfortunately most people will take out frustrations on murty as he’s now the leader of the first team.  All the while the fucking cunts/wankers/snakes/appeasers/dickheads (delete as appropriate) in the background are getting away with murder.  They wouldn’t have selected murty if they wanted to challenge for honours or if they had a good size budget.   That’s no slur on murty before anyone gets offended. It’s just the truth and no amount of hoping and saying we’re going to win this or give it time will change anything.  Only investment and significant signings will change our clubs fortunes 

On 19/12/2017 at 17:07, Smile said:

He just really has to have more experience than a Kids Coach to qualify we are not setting the bar high under this board.

11 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Jobs too big for him.

What we need right now is a Manager with experience, know how & a track record 

You can see from England that a proper Manager can come in and steady the ship, then start to turn things around. Recent examples being Allerdyce & Hodson. I realise we cant attract guys of that ilk but we dont play Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool etc.so wpuldnt need that high a profile Manager.

No sleight on Murty but the board should never have put the guy into the position. Feel sorry for him and hope it ends soon.

While I agree the jobs to big for him. U don’t need to be Jose Mourinho to realise David Bates and Lee Hodgson are fucking brutal and wouldn’t get a game in the juniors. That’s at his door

1 minute ago, dan_ger said:

Ffs, he's bringing them back so he can build his own squad and give them all a chance. Pretty much normal practice. 

I doubt Wallace will start before the NY but it's positive that he's on his way back. 

Away and enjoy your Christmas and stop being so negative.

Why would anyone want to build a squad with Halliday MOH and Wallace in it?

we saw Halliday get totally outclassed by every one last year, MOH just doesn’t like life at ibrox and couldnt command a regular starting spot under last years garbage and Wallace causes as many goals against as tavernier does.  Murty might trust them but his judgement is wrong on that front and we all know what will happen at the san giro if as reported Wallace comes back in.  Not match fit up against what are the best in the league?  That would be more baffling than the lineup and formation vs killie

Murty has to take some of the blame given he picks the team and the buck stops with him but the main problem is the players. Put it simply they are nowhere good enough far from it the majority would be good for the likes of hearts hibs etc but not us. They don't have the stuff made of them to play for Rangers and that's the bottom line. If a new manager comes in they will realise this aswell and will insist on funds to strengthen the squad greatly.

When Jack got sent off at Pittodrie he went to a back five and we held on comfortably, when we were under pressure at Easter road he went to a back five and we managed to hold on, at Kilmarnock we were under the cosh and he done nothing, he never made a sub until we were behind, everyone could see the equilzer coming except him, so for me a bid question mark remains. 

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The failure is on the board. Funnily enough as i'm writing this Tony Pullis has just been announced as Boro manager. 

Murty is simply a yes man who won't cause the board any problems or ask for money. Out of his depth. 

They only sacked Monk 2 days ago, clearly the people running them haven’t a clue what they’re doing, you’re supposed to wait 7 weeks for due diligence before appointing someone 

2 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Give me a reason why the shite players in the team dont get dropped because these other guys cant be any worse and will at lesst be bursting to prove themselves

Do you really think that Murty would keep players out of the team that could make a big difference just to accommodate more domestic players?

13 minutes ago, Siwel said:

They only sacked Monk 2 days ago, clearly the people running them haven’t a clue what they’re doing, you’re supposed to wait 7 weeks for due diligence before appointing someone 

3 months at least, actually, according to dodgy Dave. 

1 hour ago, Dickie1963 said:

Not sure what Sir Alex could do with what he has to work with. 

The last 2 games have been painfully bad and that's down to the players. 

The first thing Sir Alex, Wallace and Souness would have done would have grabbed some of these players by the throat and thrown against the dressing room wall

Any troublemakers out

Coach them on how to defend...

Put in a reliable spine to the team....

Now over to you Murty...

17 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Just to appoint the u20’s coach.  It’s Middlesbrough who’ve got it wrong. I’m telling ye!!

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Murty should not be there . It's quite simple .

He is the fall guy for these bastards running us

Anyone else would cost us money .

He is totally out of his depth . He won't ask them for more money , he won't put pressure on them .

It is a clusterfuck of supreme magnitude

agreed

and to make it worse Murty is more or less unsackable unless we want to end up with the under 5s coach managing us, not that I'm calling for Murty to be fired, the Club has once again made it's bed as best as it seems able to and now needs to lie in it. 

I'm as inpatient as the rest of you but unless some Souness type figure comes out the blue then I don't see the point in replacing Murty this season, we have to see how it plays out

The thing that worries me is that you can already see the tide turning against Murty and folk are starting to blame him when it's not his fault were in this mess

but I think our not realistic option is seeing how it plays out and sticking with him till the end of season. 

The ones who should be getting pelters from the crowd is the board not the manager

2 hours ago, AM1872 said:

With all the signs in terms of 1st team selection being bias towards British players and MOH, AH, and LW all set to reinforce the dressing room takeover with imminent returns has Murty already failed? i.e. Managers job is to integrate, improve and get the best out of all of our players. Latin players all being ignored. Terrible situation and we're better than this.  Going back to AH, MOH and LW who must the worst left back Rangers have ever had totally depressing. How does LW walk straight back into this team against the Scum with no game time under his belt? DJ miles ahead of him on current form. LW simply can not defend.

For me Murty is in a no win situation, the board are hanging him out to dry. I don't think it's a case Murty's failed, He's not ready yet to take this step in his career.  The team need to unite, step up their game and not let Murty be the fall guy.

We've all seen flashes of what the players can do, that is what is required now and doing it consistently.  I think most fans would settle for that whilst protesting for a boardroom change. Once change happens an experienced manager can be sort.

My question would be who does Murty have, that will step up their game for him whilst the clubs in this situation?

I don't think  Murty's failed but the next two games will either make him or break him.

If we win both, I know it's a remote possibility but weird shite does happen, then he'll be hailed as the greatest thing in sport since Ali.

If we lose both then surely the board will be forced into acting.

If we beat Motherwell and lose to the kiddyfiddlers then nothing really changes and I'd say the same for two draws.

Unfortunately Murty can only work with what's there for him to use, and what's  there is far from satisfactory.

My prediction a draw with Motherwell and another tanking from the tarriers.

29 minutes ago, the old guard said:

When Jack got sent off at Pittodrie he went to a back five and we held on comfortably, when we were under pressure at Easter road he went to a back five and we managed to hold on, at Kilmarnock we were under the cosh and he done nothing, he never made a sub until we were behind, everyone could see the equilzer coming except him, so for me a bid question mark remains. 

Still with our resources should not be being outplayed by Hibs....that game rang alarm bells for me re Murty then St Johnstone and then the board makes the announcement. !!!???...the only reason they did not wait till Jan was the TOP ruling....

2 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

I don't think  Murty's failed but the next two games will either make him or break him.

If we win both, I know it's a remote possibility but weird shite does happen, then he'll be hailed as the greatest thing in sport since Ali.

If we lose both then surely the board will be forced into acting.

If we beat Motherwell and lose to the kiddyfiddlers then nothing really changes and I'd say the same for two draws.

Unfortunately Murty can only work with what's there for him to use, and what's  there is far from satisfactory.

My prediction a draw with Motherwell and another tanking from the tarriers.

And how much did these players cost compared to these teams that are outplaying and beating us...a lot of it is poor coaching and management.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't think that is the case BP. What bear would want Murty to fail ?

I think the fans are frustrated we have him . Of course he is going to take the flack

That comes with the territory . It just conveniently takes some pressure of this board .

They know , they have other serious issues that concern them .They include Power and wealth

To me wether you like the board or not we should get behind GM. Folk always moaning about the board appointing him need to get over it and get behind him and threads like this don’t even give him a chance - it’s writing him off - to me that’s not wanting him to succeed that’s wanting him to fail. ( all imho of course) 

Murty has to stop telling the media his thoughts. Fine to an extent when he was interim Manager, but he should now try and stay off the press radar and focus on getting results. His reported chat regarding the players struggling with pressure of playing in a Rangers shirt and today’s reports of him feeling pressurised already are not helpful, and certainly not the messaging a strong leader would send out to either players or the General Public/ Media. The only people who benefit from these remarks are our opposition. Murty has to understand how significant is the change of role he agreed to when he accepted the Managers position, he is now no longer filling in and working well above his pay grade- hence he gained significant sympathetic support- that is now gone as he has now accepted full responsibility- with that comes full answerability. I fear he has played completely into the Boards hands by accepting the full role.  

Murty needs to become a tough bad ass- he,s the Boss and no longer “Murts”- being Mr Popular is no longer an option.