Has Murty already failed?

AM1872

This Rangers team might win the next 2 games, might even string together 5 games in a row, but this Rangers team will not go unbeaten for any kind of extended run. Aberdeen will not give up points needlessly and neither will celtic. 

Cannot blame Murty for this. Forget about this season. Save money. Regroup. 3rd place if we're lucky.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BlueSnowGoose said:

And how much did these players cost compared to these teams that are outplaying and beating us...a lot of it is poor coaching and management.

Did Murty buy them?

A player is worth however much some mug is willing to pay and Pedro Caixinha was some fucking mug.

1 minute ago, Beaujolais said:

Murty has to stop telling the media his thoughts. Fine to an extent when he was interim Manager, but he should now try and stay off the press radar and focus on getting results. His reported chat regarding the players struggling with pressure of playing in a Rangers shirt and today’s reports of him feeling pressurised already are not helpful, and certainly not the messaging a strong leader would send out to either players or the General Public/ Media. The only people who benefit from these remarks are our opposition. Murty has to understand how significant is the change of role he agreed to when he accepted the Managers position, he is now no longer filling in and working well above his pay grade- hence he gained significant sympathetic support- that is now gone as he has now accepted full responsibility- with that comes full answerability. I fear he has played completely into the Boards hands by accepting the full role.  

Murty needs to become a tough bad ass- he,s the Boss and no longer “Murts”- being Mr Popular is no longer an option.

A highlighted bits are a good point :tu:

It's a constructive observation and reason for not doing it. 

3 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Did Murty buy them?

A player is worth however much some mug is willing to pay and Pedro Caixinha was some fucking mug.

The players are falling short... but there are proven internationals...they are not playing to their potential for one reason or another...

2 minutes ago, BlueSnowGoose said:

The players are falling short... but there are proven internationals...they are not playing to their potential for one reason or another...

Imho, The team need to unite, step up their game and not let Murty be the fall guy. Fans will protest for board room change and to get a experienced manager 

10 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

This Rangers team might win the next 2 games, might even string together 5 games in a row, but this Rangers team will not go unbeaten for any kind of extended run. Aberdeen will not give up points needlessly and neither will celtic. 

Cannot blame Murty for this. Forget about this season. Save money. Regroup. 3rd place if we're lucky.

Someone has to be accountable for this mess...writing a season off is what we have been doing for the last 5 - 6 years ...no no excuses for not being second.

30 minutes ago, BlueSnowGoose said:

Still with our resources should not be being outplayed by Hibs....that game rang alarm bells for me re Murty then St Johnstone and then the board makes the announcement. !!!???...the only reason they did not wait till Jan was the TOP ruling....

True, then we have our md telling us the top ruling has no effect on day to day football business, we're being fed some bullshit these days. 

He failed at rugby Park and showed me he doesn't have it. He played Hodson, played McCrorie & John out of position, changed the formation when we had some success in the diamond, a diamond that would suit Pena or Krancjar at the top, did not use substitutions when it was blatant how awful we were playing. It may not be his fault he was appointed manager but that still doesn't make him good enough.

2 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

Not sure what Sir Alex could do with what he has to work with. 

Sir Alex did once beat an excellent Arsenal side playing three midfielders and a striker as his back four. I'm sure half of our current team would melt like chocolate in front of Fergies hairdryer

Plus while he was interim manager i was all for the 'hung out to dry' comments but he is a grown man and has made the decision to take the gig full time. I do like the guy, but if he turns out to be not good enough then he should face the consequences. I think we are all wanting him to do well, i just dont think he is 'hard' enough. Seems too nice, football players will take the cunt if the management is too lenient.

3 hours ago, AM1872 said:

With all the signs in terms of 1st team selection being bias towards British players and MOH, AH, and LW all set to reinforce the dressing room takeover with imminent returns has Murty already failed? i.e. Managers job is to integrate, improve and get the best out of all of our players. Latin players all being ignored. Terrible situation and we're better than this.  Going back to AH, MOH and LW who must the worst left back Rangers have ever had totally depressing. How does LW walk straight back into this team against the Scum with no game time under his belt? DJ miles ahead of him on current form. LW simply can not defend.

you are not trying to tell me that declan john can defend did you not watch the hibs game  he might be ok going forward but thats it  wallace might not be the greatest but he is a far better defender than dj  the problem we have is none of our full backs can defend 

19 minutes ago, Brown Brogues said:

Plus while he was interim manager i was all for the 'hung out to dry' comments but he is a grown man and has made the decision to take the gig full time. I do like the guy, but if he turns out to be not good enough then he should face the consequences. I think we are all wanting him to do well, i just dont think he is 'hard' enough. Seems too nice, football players will take the cunt if the management is too lenient.

said before murty is the 4th nice manager in a row we have had  we need a real bastard in there to kick asses and not to be afraid of dropping people  no matter how big they think they are

6 minutes ago, billscott said:

said before murty is the 4th nice manager in a row we have had  we need a real bastard in there to kick asses and not to be afraid of dropping people  no matter how big they think they are

Totally agree..same reason why McCoist was never going to succeed...big Sam would have been ideal...

I hope Murty proves me wrong.

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

doubt it mate think we will struggle again tmor and i dread to think whats going to happen on sat

Lose next 2 games time to turn on the board...not Murty's fault....trouble is they have fall guys in MA and GM....that is why MA said what he said esp. the list of managers within 2 days....

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

Did Murty buy them?

no but he doesnt play them, would you say from what we have seen ofboth that bates is a better centre half than cardoso? that lee hosdon should be in the team before carlos pena?

18 minutes ago, billscott said:

the last manager tried that and the usual suspects turned on him