Has Murty already failed?

AM1872

2 hours ago, GaryMc said:

To be honest MOH is better than Miller and Candieas. Halliday is probably a better option than Barjonas and certainly Rossiter/Kranjcar as their never fit.

You probably not wrong there and how frighteningly bad is that

Halliday and MOH back in our team :justno:

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

To me wether you like the board or not we should get behind GM. Folk always moaning about the board appointing him need to get over it and get behind him and threads like this don’t even give him a chance - it’s writing him off - to me that’s not wanting him to succeed that’s wanting him to fail. ( all imho of course) 

BP sometimes you actually look like you're about to make a good point then at the end you add some exaggeration or assumption that ruins it.

I don't think Murty is going to compete for the title and will struggle to get us second, that's not because I want him to fail or I dislike him. I like Graeme Murty more than anyone else at Rangers I can think of at the moment or over the past few years. But it's because I can see what's there on paper and I can see what's happening on the pitch. He has much less experience than any other manager and has much less to spend than celtic and has inherited a team who don't appear to have the ability or desire to carry out a campaign of wins.

to say were "writing him off" isn't completely false but it's a bit over the top. It's just the fact that there isn't a lot in front of us to make us feel positive and blind faith isn't going to help.

No one wants Murty to fail but i do think some are treating him a bit unfairly. But you're habit of going against the opinion of most fans and constant turd polishing makes you look silly. Everyone can see that things are really not good the now and id rather folk voice their frustration on here than hold it in till match days cause we'd end up with scraps in the stands 

I agree that some of the things said about Murty are unfair but some of the things you say and imply about other fans is unfair too mate because were all unhappy the now and we need something concrete to make us feel positive not fans like yourself with a long history of backing duds for too long telling us we want Rangers and Murty to fail

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You probably not wrong there and how frighteningly bad is that

Halliday and MOH back in our team :justno:

slightly off topic, but are there many players of note that we've sent away on loan for underperforming who have then came back and been successful?

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

slightly off topic, but are there many players of note that we've sent away on loan for underperforming who have then came back and been successful?

Probably about em..........................................................................

A big fat zero WH@H

8 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

BP sometimes you actually look like you're about to make a good point then at the end you add some exaggeration or assumption that ruins it.

I don't think Murty is going to compete for the title and will struggle to get us second, that's not because I want him to fail or I dislike him. I like Graeme Murty more than anyone else at Rangers I can think of at the moment or over the past few years. But it's because I can see what's there on paper and I can see what's happening on the pitch. He has much less experience than any other manager and has much less to spend than celtic and has inherited a team who don't appear to have the ability or desire to carry out a campaign of wins.

to say were "writing him off" isn't completely false but it's a bit over the top. It's just the fact that there isn't a lot in front of us to make us feel positive and blind faith isn't going to help.

No one wants Murty to fail but i do think some are treating him a bit unfairly. But you're habit of going against the opinion of most fans and constant turd polishing makes you look silly. Everyone can see that things are really not good the now and id rather folk voice their frustration on here than hold it in till match days cause we'd end up with scraps in the stands 

I agree that some of the things said about Murty are unfair but some of the things you say and imply about other fans is unfair too mate because were all unhappy the now and we need something concrete to make us feel positive not fans like yourself with a long history of backing duds for too long telling us we want Rangers and Murty to fail

Great post

I like how Murty conducts himself, fantastic and a lot of respect for him. Its clear the players "like" him but do they respect him in the way they would a manager ?

Im not so sure and due to this simple social standing I feel this is his biggest problem. He came in thinking he was here for a few weeks until a new manager came, naturally he got on with the players and no doubt had a more comfortable feeling around attitudes etc.

He lacks the experience required to lead our club and I feel for him as I think the board have failed him big time here by their handling of the whole situation. He is not going to be permanent manager unless he really pushes celtic close and lets be honest.....thats a tall order for him with the experience and players we have.

Best thing is to get behind him and hope he can galvanise the squad until the next step.

11 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Aye bring back Gregor Stevens , Hurlock , Souness and Hateley...that would get the Tarriers running from the stands on the 30th ?

11 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Aye bring back Gregor Stevens , Hurlock , Souness and Hateley...that would get the Tarriers running from the stands on the 30th ?

It's not for me a question whether Murty has already failed,the point is he is not a manager for Rangers Football Club and has been placed in this position under ridiculous circumstances. No matter the outcome I will not blame Murty in the slightest. We've all sat here and watched a whole plethora of clubs lose managers in recent months and all make appointments within weeks if not days,Pulis I noticed today being the latest manager to get another job. We made one half hearted and bungled attempt after weeks of dithering to get a manager which imo was akin to saying "look we can't really afford this but we have to be seen to be doing something so can we talk but we won't be gutted if you refuse" then handed the job to a under 20s coach. I think it is clear we are brassic,skinto,or to use Kings lawyers term "penniless". Ross County Kilmarnock etc no fuss no dithering we need a manager lets get one but not Rangers. King and his minions must have known they had no chance and no means to take this club back to it's rightful place and had no fucking business encouraging boycotts and what have you to try and acquire it. Short of yet more boycotts I really have no idea where we go from here. Simply saying back Murty will get us nowhere quickly.

3 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

It's not for me a question whether Murty has already failed,the point is he is not a manager for Rangers Football Club and has been placed in this position under ridiculous circumstances. No matter the outcome I will not blame Murty in the slightest. We've all sat here and watched a whole plethora of clubs lose managers in recent months and all make appointments within weeks if not days,Pulis I noticed today being the latest manager to get another job. We made one half hearted and bungled attempt after weeks of dithering to get a manager which imo was akin to saying "look we can't really afford this but we have to be seen to be doing something so can we talk but we won't be gutted if you refuse" then handed the job to a under 20s coach. I think it is clear we are brassic,skinto,or to use Kings lawyers term "penniless". Ross County Kilmarnock etc no fuss no dithering we need a manager lets get one but not Rangers. King and his minions must have known they had no chance and no means to take this club back to it's rightful place and had no fucking business encouraging boycotts and what have you to try and acquire it. Short of yet more boycotts I really have no idea where we go from here. Simply saying back Murty will get us nowhere quickly.

The point is have they failed in their duty to appoint the best possible candidate (under the circumstances) and I think objectively the answer is yes 

What I don't understand about Murty is that although he's our new manager, he isn't new to the club. Surely he would've seen how poor players like Herrera, Hodson, Bates, etc have been even when they played for him in the under 20s and got outperformed by younger players.  And now he's wanting to bring back Halliday and MOH both of whom were shockingly bad last season..... it makes no sense at all.  If it's all the board pushing him to do this, then he needs to stand up to them or he's just as bad as them.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Should’ve had the baws to tell the lying cunts in Blazers that he didn’t want the job. 

As he said himself a once in a lifetime opportunity and that's why I say bollox to the view that noone of note would take the post.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Should’ve had the baws to tell the lying cunts in Blazers that he didn’t want the job. 

But the thing is m8 he did want the job And that in itself is worse on him and the clueless Wankers of a board 

Just now, BlueSnowGoose said:

The point is have they failed in their duty to appoint the best possible candidate (under the circumstances) and I think objectively the answer is yes 

Of course they have failed but the question was has Murty failed and imo no he hasn't because he should not be in this position in the first place. The board have failed. And will continue to fail imo.

Just now, shaka said:

What I don't understand about Murty is that although he's our new manager, he isn't new to the club. Surely he would've seen how poor players like Herrera, Hodson, Bates, etc have been even when they played for him in the under 20s and got outperformed by younger players.  And now he's wanting to bring back Halliday and MOH both of whom were shockingly bad last season..... it makes no sense at all.  If it's all the board pushing him to do this, then he needs to stand up to them or he's just as bad as them.

We have to bring them back because we have no cash for transfers. A few kids on loan from a club or two down South will be the limit. Under those circumstances it actually makes sense to bring them back.

1 hour ago, billscott said:

said before murty is the 4th nice manager in a row we have had  we need a real bastard in there to kick asses and not to be afraid of dropping people  no matter how big they think they are

What we need is a manager who has practical tactical ability and not just theories. McCoist and Pedro were clueless, Warburton only knew one way of playing and was found out when teams sat in and countered his 4-3-3. Murty is a youth coach so far out of his depth, who needs outside help and yet this is the guy we appoint as manager. 

3 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Of course they have failed but the question was has Murty failed and imo no he hasn't because he should not be in this position in the first place. The board have failed. And will continue to fail imo.

Your correct he shouldn't be in that position but he wanted the job from day one so he deserves the flack also he knew what he was getting himself into sorry if u all think it's not his fault but he is part of it also if he never wanted the job he could easily have said no ty get someone else in 

15 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

We have to bring them back because we have no cash for transfers. A few kids on loan from a club or two down South will be the limit. Under those circumstances it actually makes sense to bring them back.

I don't think it does.  We know they are nowhere near good enough, so why not invest in youth players instead?  Bringing back worse than average players just to add numbers to the squad and then expecting to compete is madness.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

It's the board that have failed - long long ago - and they continue to fail.

Well the next 2 games are a benchmark, lose both time to hold the board to account.

As far as I am concerned they are "duty bound" to appoint the best possible candidate and was it hastily rushed to cover Kings TOP ruling?