***The Official Scum vs Rangers Thread***

Lloyd

I applaud every single Rangers Supporter who will be at the game.  Let them hear the proud and loyal Rangers Support loud and clear for the whole of the game.

As for the game itself?  You never know maybe Hererra will show why he's supposedly an international class player, and maybe Pena will put in a star turn with a goal too.   Maybe Alves will show some international class defending and leadership and maybe the fullbacks will defend better than they've ever defended before.   Point is, there's always a chance even at their ground.   More so with our unmatchable Support.   

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jack and Wallace are fit, Id go with:

Foderingham

Tavernier    -    Alves    -    Wilson    -    Wallace

McCrorie

Jack              -              Holt

Pena

Morelos       -       Windass

45 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Foderingham

McCrorie

Pena

I wouldn’t start Wallace for a game like this as he’s not match fit. I’d go with DJ - and I hope to fuck Jack is fit!  Otherwise this would be our strongest starting 11, until Dorrans is back ;) 

16 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

I wouldn’t start Wallace for a game like this as he’s not match fit. I’d go with DJ - and I hope to fuck Jack is fit!  Otherwise this would be our strongest starting 11, until Dorrans is back ;) 

I think he'll play Wallace but tell him to stay defensive. And I'm starting to think he might go 541 with Windass and John charged with breaking wide to get service to an isolated Morelos.  If Jack is out which I expect him to be I envisage

Wes

Bates/Cardoso  Alves   Wilson

Tav                                                  wallace

Mccrorie.   Holt.                        

Windass.                                         John

Morelos

1 hour ago, DeanMK said:

Foderingham

McCrorie

Pena

Wallace is not fit as murty said today and jack will have no chance....his knee will be like a balloon today. 

Foderingham

Tavernier   Alves   Wilson   John

McCrorie

Barjonas                   Holt

Pena/kranjaer

Morelos               Windass

Taigs are not as good as last season.

2-1 Gers!    :thumbup:           

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Think we will lose heavily and fail to score.

Our squad shits it in almost every high pressure game and I can't see this one being any different.

Have you forgotten the two recent Aberdeen games and the Hibs game?

14 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

Will be a midfield of Holt McCrorie and Barjonas - Sit deep and try to use pace of Morelos Windass and Candeias on Counter. I’d also tell our FBs to sit and not venture too much forward 

Think u may be right. Although candeias will need to work a lot harder than he did at Easter Road.

Wes

Tav        Alves       Wilson         John

McCrorie

Holt                      Barjanos

Krancjar

Morelos         Windass

I expect pelters here but I’d choose this shape and selection to have even a remote chance of getting anything out the game. This is assuming Jack is fit which seems highly unlikely.

Wes

Alves    McCrorie    Wilson

Candeias                Jack                       John

Tavernier                  Holt

Morelos       Windass

Goalkeeper picks itself. A back three of Alves, McCrorie and Wilson is a must. McCrorie won’t be given the freedom to play in a diamond and we simply can’t afford to leave the other two isolated. Alves owes us his performance of the season and we just have to hope Wilson blows hot this game.

As for our wing backs, despite being shite recently his tracking back is key for our right side so I’d controversially throw Candeias in there. The more obvious option would be to remove him completely or swap him with Tavernier. But I actually think he’s better than Tavernier defensively and he’s the most creative player in the team (top of Premiership assist table). However, he’s completely ineffectual in the centre of the park hence why I’d play him but put him further back. Candeias and Tavernier are probably the two players in our squad that have the best understanding of each other and I’d be reluctant to dismiss that.

Even I’m not comfortable seeing Tavernier in midfield but I just don’t trust Barjonas in there and I feel like the game will pass him by. Tavernier may not be the strongest player but he’ll offer more physicality than young Jamie and also poses a threat going forward. I haven’t seen enough of Barjonas yet to convince me he wouldn’t be overwhelmed by the pressure of an Old Firm game at their midden. Holt would run all day to protect John and offers us a quick outlet on the counter.

In an ideal world we could move John further forward, because he’s a shit defender, but he’s our only option in that position other than Hodson. He’ll need to play the game of his life on that left flank. As with Holt, he’ll offer us energy on the break. 

In attack, I just don’t see us creating anything unless we go two up top. Put the ball in behind and let Windass run. That Simunovic is a big glaiket cunt who Hearts ruined when they stuck the ball past him. Him and Boyata nullified Morelos last time only because it was two on one. Give him a partner otherwise his strength, hold up play, and movement off the ball is wasted. He hadn’t had one all season until Murty moved Windass forward.

Nevertheless, if Jack is 100% out for this then I don’t think it matters how we set up that midfield because they’ll shit all over us. Dorrans is such a big loss and unfortunately I expect another thumping like the 5-1 games. Fuck the Board.

6 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

I applaud every single Rangers Supporter who will be at the game.  Let them hear the proud and loyal Rangers Support loud and clear for the whole of the game.

As for the game itself?  You never know maybe Hererra will show why he's supposedly an international class player, and maybe Pena will put in a star turn with a goal too.   Maybe Alves will show some international class defending and leadership and maybe the fullbacks will defend better than they've ever defended before.   Point is, there's always a chance even at their ground.   More so with our unmatchable Support.   

They wanted us dead a few years ago. Let's remind them that never happened. All the money and titles in the world will never get them a united Ireland or seperated Scotland, let's remind them of that aswell.

Ok lets all close our eyes and imagine we`re on a beach on our favourite holiday..

Imagine we humped the sheep sha**ers only a few weeks ago.

Now imagine the team we`re playing on Saturday got a pasting from Hearts a week ago..

Do we feel any better ??? 

Lots of posts suggesting we go with a back 3 and wingbacks.

I think we potentially have the players to do this but surely it should've been tried before now as going with a new system at the scum dome would be foolish. Or would it be genius??

Whatever system we go with I struggle to see where our goals will come from. Not confident at all but law of averages and all that.....

Archived