***The Official Scum vs Rangers Thread***

Lloyd

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We deserved to win. Played them off the park in their own midden. Almost gutted with just a draw. A bit more quality in the final third and we take 3 or 4 off them. They will no doubt panic in Jan and go out and sign a few has beens or washed up superstars to cement the title. Could be a season of could a been! 

They are not as good as last season and are becoming weaker. If we have a productive January by getting rid of the duds and getting a better level of player in we can lay the ground work for next season properly this time around.

Think this season unfortunately has already gone in thermal of the league but if I'm being optimistic and the board get their finger out we can sort this mess out for next season pretty quickly in my opinion. Time for Allen and the board to show their worth.

Hands up. Thought it would be 4 or 5 .lots of good performances and a couple of poor ones.thank fuck Alves went off ,we were about to concede till young Bates came on.and a word on Tav,as good a fullback performance against the tims as I've seen in years

Good fighting performance and well done to all but won't get carried away with it myself, good thing though it will spoil the mhatalan mhobs festive season and their built in victim minded inferiority complex will be kicking in to their Rangers obsessed sad wee existence!

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

There were posters on here during this season who were saying that Tav is pish and should be punted.

He has been one of our best performers. Makes you wonder why they would want shot of him. His crossing alone would be hard to replace.

Tav is fuckin pish as a defender. But given space his forward runs can be exceptional. Candeias covered back well today and they both worked well together .

So fuck any i told you so gloating shite. 

He had a great 2nd half but was poor 1st half 

Great performance today, well done lads, except niko.

But,

We were running the show 2nd half, so why did Murty take so long to get him off. Mistake 1

Pena did nothing when he came on, so that was the same as leaving niko on. Mistake 2

Praising their midden. Big big no no. Mistake 3

Not exactly Rangers Manager material.

Having got that off my chest, I'm a happy bear.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Because he doesn’t play like that week in week out and most weeks he’s a liability at the back and has cost us a lot of goals against. 

No-one is completely consistent. I remember cursing Lauders in the day. 

I don’t think Tav gets enough credit for the good work he does at times.

14 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Was prepared for the worst but as the lads grew into the game & took control, I’m really gutted we didn’t win.

Several had their best games in Blue.

Let down by a couple who, prominently, didn’t.

Yeah that about sums it up. Was delighted with the start, behind the sofa after that until the second half, but as the second half developed I thought we could nick it. Tavernier’s volley was unbelievable technique and he was denied well, Morelos’s header the same but that was it in terms of hitting the target.

Gutted we never ended up topping it off.

Saying that, I’ve recently got a puppy and I was worried for her wee heart if we were to score. She was startled enough when we went close!

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

Tav is fuckin pish as a defender. But given space his forward runs can be exceptional. Candeias covered back well today and they both worked well together .

Tavernier's defending this year has been outstanding.

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

There were posters on here during this season who were saying that Tav is pish and should be punted.

He has been one of our best performers. Makes you wonder why they would want shot of him. His crossing alone would be hard to replace.

He went from worst player on pitch at rugby park to the best the day. Different class but frustrating

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Who is gloating? 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Because he doesn’t play like that week in week out and most weeks he’s a liability at the back and has cost us a lot of goals against. 

This all day fucking long. Tav can be really impressive going forward (like today) but he can also be absent for entire matches. He also consistently puts in horrendous defensive displays (like against HIVs in the cup final). My question would be why can't the same players who showed a bit of grit today not do 50,000 bears the same courtesy at home against diddy teams??? Answers on a fucking postcard.

Archived