Bristol loyal

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

Thought he was immense today. His defending is improving, no coincidence Murty was a right back?

His defending has improved since the start of the season long before Murty took over.  He's been one of our best players this season.  He's easily the best attacking full-back in Scottish football.  Criminally underrated by our support.  

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

His defending has improved since the start of the season long before Murty took over.  He's been one of our best players this season.  He's easily the best attacking full-back in Scottish football.  Criminally underrated by our support.  

I would have got shot of him on several occasions but he's worked hard on his defending and won me over this season.

IF, he played like that every week he wouldn’t be playing for us. 

BUT, he doesn’t yes he can go forward but he’s in the back 4 and too many times he gets caught ball watching, way out of position and loses his man at the back post. 

But then let’s not get in the way of a history rewrite. 

Never been his biggest fan, especially his defensive qualities and would have been quite happy to punt him, but when he concentrates and puts his defensive duties first, and then takes the opportunities to attack, as he did today, he really becomes a valuable player for us.

He had a very good second half after a shaky first 45 minutes, tierney tore him apart that first half. If he played like he did in the second half far more often we'd have far more points than we do, he doesn't though and he is one of the biggest reasons we ship so many easy goals. Today he showed some leadership qualities and was getting amongst people but usually he is one of the first to throw the towel in and stop trying. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

IF, he played like that every week he wouldn’t be playing for us. 

BUT, he doesn’t yes he can go forward but he’s in the back 4 and too many times he gets caught ball watching, way out of position and loses his man at the back post. 

But then let’s not get in the way of a history rewrite. 

But your first point explains the second. 

These threads never fail to amaze me. Tav is as good a right back as we can expect at this point. Any better and he would be snapped up. 

Plus the valuations that are put on players are always mental. The value of a player is determined by how much a club are willing to pay and because of our circumstances we are not in a position to demand more. Look at Van Dick from the scum. They sold him not so long ago for a decent fee but a year or so later he goes for 75 million. He hasn’t improved that much since leaving the scum but the selling club were far stronger and in a stronger league. If Tav played in the English championship he would be valued at 2 or 3 times more than he will ever be valued at while he is our player. That’s just the reality we have to deal with. 

I for one hope we keep him 

IMHO, that's the best second 45  have ever seen him playing. He was gliding past players like they weren't there. Immense performance.

If he was as good at defending I doubt he would be with us. He brought a smile to the face today and felt plaesed as fuck for him.

Some better finishing and those cunts were toast today.

Let's not get carried away, as we are still  full of average players, but it's becoming apparent what each are good at and comfortable with. We showed a spine today. Stood up well in a physical contest. Harnessing all that and get it all working as a collective as second nature and getting that winnng never say die mentality is key and yet to materialise consistently. Maybe Murty can get it out of them. A few quality additions would work wonders, but I sadly can't see us getting them, such is our finances.

8 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

But your first point explains the second. 

These threads never fail to amaze me. Tav is as good a right back as we can expect at this point. Any better and he would be snapped up. 

Plus the valuations that are put on players are always mental. The value of a player is determined by how much a club are willing to pay and because of our circumstances we are not in a position to demand more. Look at Van Dick from the scum. They sold him not so long ago for a decent fee but a year or so later he goes for 75 million. He hasn’t improved that much since leaving the scum but the selling club were far stronger and in a stronger league. If Tav played in the English championship he would be valued at 2 or 3 times more than he will ever be valued at while he is our player. That’s just the reality we have to deal with. 

I for one hope we keep him 

So we have except sub standard players because we are Rangers or play in Scottish Football. 

Mate no offence but that bollocks, if we had improved Tav as a defender and got maybe 4/5 mill for him to a bottom half EPL team where he improved again and moved on to better with us getting a cut then I would say well done. 

But we haven’t improved him as a defender he is still making the same glaring errors he has from day one. He won’t go for 4/5 mill and it will be to a championship side and probably only to mid table cannon fodder where he won’t improve very much and won’t get a big money move to a top 6 EPL side. 

Simply because he’s a defender that when you boil it down can’t really defend except for a few games a season and that’s playing in Scotland. 

So please tell me how that is in anyway good for us. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So we have except sub standard players because we are Rangers or play in Scottish Football. 

Mate no offence but that bollocks, if we had improved Tav as a defender and got maybe 4/5 mill for him to a bottom half EPL team where he improved again and moved on to better with us getting a cut then I would say well done. 

But we haven’t improved him as a defender he is still making the same glaring errors he has from day one. He won’t go for 4/5 mill and it will be to a championship side and probably only to mid table cannon fodder where he won’t improve very much and won’t get a big money move to a top 6 EPL side. 

Simply because he’s a defender that when you boil it down can’t really defend except for a few games a season and that’s playing in Scotland. 

So please tell me how that is in anyway good for us. 

No offence taken. And none intended either.

But the reality is who would we replace Tav with? Who could we afford that would be better than him and willing to join us. 

I know it’s not your job to identify decent right backs for Rangers but the point remains we are fishing in a very small pond of talent and the bait we are using is significantly smaller than the bait being used in England. 

I would take anything in the region of 2 million for him, wouldn’t sell him for much less. We paid 200k for him and I would say he has seen his stock rise by playing for us even if he hasn’t dramatically improved. Similar to Van Dijk it’s not about the ability as much as about who the selling club is  

If he goes then we will struggle to replace him with better for less than 2 million. As others have said we will probably be left with Hodson. 

Just now, Bakbear said:

No offence taken. And none intended either.

But the reality is who would we replace Tav with? Who could we afford that would be better than him and willing to join us. 

I know it’s not your job to identify decent right backs for Rangers but the point remains we are fishing in a very small pond of talent and the bait we are using is significantly smaller than the bait being used in England. 

I would take anything in the region of 2 million for him, wouldn’t sell him for much less. We paid 200k for him and I would say he has seen his stock rise by playing for us even if he hasn’t dramatically improved. Similar to Van Dijk it’s not about the ability as much as about who the selling club is  

If he goes then we will struggle to replace him with better for less than 2 million. As others have said we will probably be left with Hodson. 

With this board I’ve no idea. 

You would need to see what we get if/when he leaves. If we can squeeze 2 mill out of a championship side then all that money should be used to replace him. 

If we had the right people in charge and Tav could give us the rest of the season like he did for 90 mins today. Then I could see 5/6 mill easy to a bottom half EPL side then you never know what could happen. 

But we have all watched Tav we know there’s every chance he will have a shocker at Fraserburgh. 

I agree we need to be out there looking for those unfound gems and yes it’s bloody difficult but if we can find just one every summer transfer window and we can improve him sell for a good profit and hopefully win a watch with any sell on clause then the ones that fail are more than outweighed. 

I know that’s not an easy ask but it’s where we find ourself in this day and age.