Bristol loyal

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

No offence taken. And none intended either.

But the reality is who would we replace Tav with? Who could we afford that would be better than him and willing to join us. 

I know it’s not your job to identify decent right backs for Rangers but the point remains we are fishing in a very small pond of talent and the bait we are using is significantly smaller than the bait being used in England. 

I would take anything in the region of 2 million for him, wouldn’t sell him for much less. We paid 200k for him and I would say he has seen his stock rise by playing for us even if he hasn’t dramatically improved. Similar to Van Dijk it’s not about the ability as much as about who the selling club is  

If he goes then we will struggle to replace him with better for less than 2 million. As others have said we will probably be left with Hodson. 

Would the other lot take that for Tierney?  Who looked the better player today? 

I know Tierney is 20 and Tav is 26 but Tierney plays in a team that is usually on the attack and rarely gets tested defensively.

They are so much better at talking up the value of their players and benefiting from it, it's unreal.

1 minute ago, MikeBlue said:

Would the other lot take that for Tierney?  Who looked the better player today? 

I know Tierney is 20 and Tav is 26 but Tierney plays in a team that is usually on the attack and rarely gets tested defensively.

They are so much better at talking up the value of their players and benefiting from it, it's unreal.

Mate as much as it sticks in the craw the reality is they have more money than us. They can be more aggressive with their demands. They can afford to turn down 2 mill for a player. Until we are back winning leagues and earning Champs league money we won’t be able to demand Fees like we did with the likes of Alan Hutton or Boumsong 

36 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

the run down the wing was amazing..pity no goal at the end.

That was unreal :lol: skint about 4 a they taigy cunts with one touch

Was Morelos’ chance I think, that stupidly lucky Gordon save. What a fucking goal that would’ve been.