Very, very proud of that performance

OneDavidCooper

I said before the game there was too much pre-match criticism on here and I said too I didn't think we would lose.

The players and manager did us proud.

Huge display, full of guts, great defending and passion.

Massive displays from Bates, Wilson, Tavernier and John at the back. Wes was excellent as usual, McCrorie worked his socks off, Candeias was graft and class and whilst Morelos will be disappointed at his misses he was a huge presence up front.

Very proud. Well done all. Fans too were magnificent.

DELIGHTED

Well done to Graeme Murty for organising the team to put in a fantastic effort from all involved. Should have got the win but delighted that for once at their place we actually went toe to toe with them and caused a few problems rather than barely laying a glove on them as in the past

5 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Wilson mom for me, organised us so well and mopped up everything when needed. Think his marshalling helped Bates come into the game.

to me Danny Wilson appears to be a much better player when he is the senior one of the 2 centre halves, like he realises he has to be one leading the performance in the back line. Long may it continue

29 minutes ago, hammer time said:

to me Danny Wilson appears to be a much better player when he is the senior one of the 2 centre halves, like he realises he has to be one leading the performance in the back line. Long may it continue

I couldn’t see the game today but considering Wilson was booked so early on and then had to step up to be the senior partner at the back and put in a performance. Especially at the piggery, speaks volumes about his ability and character. 

Its been a good birthday week for him. ??

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I said before the game there was too much pre-match criticism on here and I said too I didn't think we would lose.

Massive displays from Bates, Wilson, Tavernier and John at the back. Wes was excellent as usual, McCrorie worked his socks off, Candeias was graft and class and whilst Morelos will be disappointed at his misses he was a huge presence up front.

DELIGHTED

What I really liked was we snuffed Brown out and he was rattled. ( and a side note - A Rangers player makes the tackle he got booked for and he’d be off!) 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What I really liked was we snuffed Brown out and he was rattled. ( and a side note - A Rangers player makes the tackle he got booked for and he’d be off!) 

Brown bossed the first half in my opinion,he did look rattled second half and his challenge on Morelos was evil but it's a shame it took that long to get to grips with him again.

Alves and Kranj aside, who are both abominable for different reasons and should be hunted out the front door, all due credit to the rest of the team and Murty for what was simply an outstanding performance on the scum's home patch. We imposed ourselves, created good chances and deserved to win. 

Wes and the back line were outstanding. Tav and John put in the performance of their lives. Our midfield competed and deserve much credit. Only our finishing let us down, where on another day we could have buried them.

We are far from being a finished article and our frailties are there to see. We need more quality in and more depth to the squad, but taking nothing away from these players today, they turned up and surpassed themselves today.

A tall order to keep it up, such is the inconsistency with so many average players, but maybe they take confidence from today and go out in future with more self belief and commitment and consistency in results will follow.

Chuffed to fuck with that today and in the end a bit disappointing that we didn't win.

Onwards and upwards and No Surrender to those taig bastards.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What I really liked was we snuffed Brown out and he was rattled.  (and a side note - A Rangers player makes the tackle he got booked for and he’d be off!) 

Hope our players see that after today and know exactly what to do to the bastard next time!

5 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

DELIGHTED

We are needing to keep that level for the rest of the season and if we do Murty will certainly deserve the job.

And i say that as someone who's not a supporter of giving an inexperienced youth coach the job.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Second half we did first half I thought we gave him too much time on the ball.

We battered them in that 2nd half.We actually bullied them  It was a joy to watch.

Hopefully we can go one better the next time we face them at Ibrox and take all 3 points.

Yes, the players did themselves and us - the fans - proud today.