There is a team there

kenny6131

1 hour ago, MikeBlue said:

Bit unfair to assume that the current manager wasn't a major component of today's performance

He was also a major components in our recent defeats to Dundee, Hamilton, St.Johnstone, and Kilmarnock.  We need a new manager.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He was also a major components in our recent defeats to Dundee, Hamilton, St.Johnstone, and Kilmarnock.  We need a new manager.

Can't really argue with that tbf.  However it's not going to happen unless Murty has a run of consistently bad results so we might as well get behind him

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

there is a team there, a very inconsistent team

This is it - the performances against Aberdeen away and home, plus celtic today, and some of the other games this season, shows that they are capable of playing well and getting the results, even when the squad has been weakened. It's the lack of consistency that has hit us hard. 

4 hours ago, Gustav said:

We have a team with a bit of pace and energy but very little quality

It's fine in games that will be battles but we need some genuine quality going forward if we are going to get anywhere

90% of the time with the players we have, outbattling the opposition will get the desired result. We need to see the team putting in that level of effort, desire and fearlessness for the rest of the season. Anything less is unacceptable considering how much they are being paid.

I've constantly defended most players on here.

Morelos is the top goalscorer in the league. Candeias has the most assists in the league. Windass is 2nd top for goals & assists in the league. Tavernier & Foderingham are the best in their positions in the league.

With some additions, and a real manager, we should be pushing that average tarrier team close. Its mostly made up of players that played against us when we beat them with Warburtons Championship side. The big difference is the quality of the managers. 

7 minutes ago, Amato said:

90% of the time with the players we have, outbattling the opposition will get the desired result. We need to see the team putting in that level of effort, desire and fearlessness for the rest of the season. Anything less is unacceptable considering how much they are being paid.

This team is better, on paper, than every other team in the league (bar tarriers). Yet we're not getting results against utter dross, why? Blame lies with the manager for that IMO.

12 minutes ago, PRW. said:

This team is better, on paper, than every other team in the league (bar tarriers). Yet we're not getting results against utter dross, why? Blame lies with the manager for that IMO.

Agreed. Some of them are probably write offs that noone will be able to turn into players though

1 hour ago, MikeBlue said:

Can't really argue with that tbf.  However it's not going to happen unless Murty has a run of consistently bad results so we might as well get behind him

Happy to get behind him today.

Got a break with the Alves injury, which put a real warrior on the park in his place & it wasn’t him blowing clear chances in their 6 yard box.

Produced a team which really got wired into them 2nd half - can’t ask a lot more.

They’ve set a bench-mark today, though - remains to be seen who keeps up to it.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Happy to get behind him today.

Got a break with the Alves injury, which put a real warrior on the park in his place & it wasn’t him blowing clear chances in their 6 yard box.

Produced a team which really got wired into them 2nd half - can’t ask a lot more.

They’ve set a bench-mark today, though - remains to be seen who keeps up to it.

Some of the dross being spouted about Alves on here is cringe inducing, embarrassing shite

1 minute ago, Amato said:

Some of the dross being spouted about Alves on here is cringe inducing, embarrassing shite

Not sure where you’re coming from with this.

Do you think what I’ve said is dross, or what’s been said elsewhere?

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

I've read a load of pish about how he needs to be hunted, shat it and so on. Don't believe it for a second.

It induces cringes in me & I get embarrassed when hulking great blokes jump for a ball, land, then go off injured early in a crunch game.

Each to their own, I suppose.

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

It induces cringes in me & I get embarrassed when hulking great blokes jump for a ball, land, then go off injured early in a crunch game.

Each to their own, I suppose.

Aye imagine getting injured :mutley: must have shat it.  

A look at his career to date would suggest that's unlikely.

7 hours ago, MasterD said:

A team that will give a performance and result now and again.

A team that won’t ever have the consistency to put up a proper challenge over a season.

Let’s not get carried away as usual after a result.

Hence the January window being massive for us. Three or four good quality players and what we'd have a good squad to go and fight for this title.