Bruno and Niko

sausagetrunks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Nico's legs have gone. I genuinely feel he has tried his best but his body is just not up to it. A real pity ,you can see he must have been some player when he was younger. Alves I thought did pull up with an injury but again like Nico has been a very poor buy

Regardless of the extent of his injury Alves should be sold and taken off the wage bill, I'm assuming he is one of the highest earners at the club.  He hasn't impressed at all and today has shown we don't need him, McRorie can drop back to centre half and we've got young Wison as well.  Today also proved that Niko is unfortunately a waste of a jersey, Barjonas could have made a difference today.

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Let's see the extent of Alves' injury before branding him a shitebag. He hasn't hit the heights we thought he would when we signed him but that doesn't make him a shitebag.

Yeah. Apparently he left in a brace?

Danny Wilson against Patrick Thistle syndrome might be striking here again. Mind when Wilson shat it and went off injured (according to many)... And was then out for several months.

Alves' fall certainly looked like it could have caused an injury.

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

Unfortunately Nico's legs have gone. I genuinely feel he has tried his best but his body is just not up to it. A real pity ,you can see he must have been some player when he was younger. Alves I thought did pull up with an injury but again like Nico has been a very poor buy

The only sensible comment in this stupid thread 

btw Nico wasn’t as bad today as it’s being made out that clown Walker had it in for him from the off and his comments influence the viewers. He put in a shift and was the only option open to Murty due to injuries other than play Pena who can’t be trusted or Barjonas who was out his depth against Hibs and Motherwell ! 

3 hours ago, GeeSS said:

The only sensible comment in this stupid thread 

btw Nico wasn’t as bad today as it’s being made out that clown Walker had it in for him from the off and his comments influence the viewers. He put in a shift and was the only option open to Murty due to injuries other than play Pena who can’t be trusted or Barjonas who was out his depth against Hibs and Motherwell ! 

Thank fuck for this. 

Amount of roasters on here. Neither are good enough to stay with us but to say Alves didn't hurt himself badly and Niko didn't try is absolute shite. 

Niko needs to stay in Florida though. 

I don't think in all seriousness that we don't doubt that Alves is indeed injured, it's more that we're just frustrated that he appears to be more concerned about missing out on one last hurrah at the World Cup than he is putting in a shift for the people who are paying his wages, his comments re the thugs in this league maybe correct but he won't put his body on the line for us so in that respect I'll reserve the right to call him a shitebag.

I can’t stand Andy Walker but he was spot on today regarding Kranjcar, an absolute waste of a jersey today, completely useless and his fitness levels are an absolute embarrassment. 

Chasing shadows all game and when he got a breather to take a corner he couldn’t even put in 1 half decent ball.

I was certain he was coming off at half time, to last until 79mins was astonishing.

His time is well and truely up.

It was utterly embarrassing watching Niko; several yards off the pace and made to look foolish. Luckily he was so far from the opposition he couldn’t,get near enough to give away his usual amount of free kicks.

My anger at his performance almost turned into pity but I kept on thinking how much he was detracting from the team effort.

Sad that Nico is finished, because a few years ago he was the player we now need against the majority of teams that come to park the bus. 

Alves seems to lack heart,  although to suggest that he wasnt injured yesterday is a bit ridiculous. 

Id like to see Rangers set up like a Bolton team from Allardyce days. Big guys at the back, a bully at CDM, a big handful of a striker... And a very classy no, 10. I had hoped Kranjcar and Alves could have been a part of such a setup. 

19 hours ago, DBBTB said:

150 + international caps between them and they are being shown up by a boy we signed for our youth team from Raith Rovers and a 19 year old who hasn’t even played 20 games for the club yet. 

And long may it continue.

The amount of money we've wasted in my lifetime on players whose best years are behind them would make you greet.

Apart from a decent game against Thistle last season Niko has been shite  - it's that simple. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone will take him off our hands. Bruno might, however, be able to find another club in January, which will help help get to the World Cup and get him off of our wage bill.

it would be nice, though, if one day we learned from our mistakes.

22 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

need to get them out ASAP must be getting big money.  Alves is a fucking shite bag and showed this today.  Niko is just finished. 

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Alves is another big name failing to make it in a wee league and as you say probably costing us a fair few grand a week, fucking lazy cunt.

Krancjar, a true great who is now finished, too injury prone and lost his legs. It's  obvious the brains are still there but he can't run a game the way he did.

Both taking good wages but for too little return, either sell them both or in Krancjar's case shift him into coaching.

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Alves is another big name failing to make it in a wee league and as you say probably costing us a fair few grand a week, fucking lazy cunt.

Krancjar, a true great who is now finished, too injury prone and lost his legs. It's  obvious the brains are still there but he can't run a game the way he did.

Both taking good wages but for too little return, either sell them both or in Krancjar's case shift him into coaching.

IMO Alves is here to keep himself fit. and were getting around 50%