Bruno and Niko

sausagetrunks

5 minutes ago, Grundy said:

You may well be right, depends how much you believe in coincidences, or not, ( and that's not a dig).  But as I said yesterday he's probably a luxury we can't afford, considering his performances.  For me he has never shown himself to be a dominant centre half and although some have posted that he talks to the younger players during the game, I don't think he's shown himself to be a leader. As for Niko, if Barjonas had taken his place we'd have had another combative midfielder in there.  Niko was anonymous unfortunately, had it all once upon a time, has nothing to offer now.

The only thing Barjonas would have offered differenty to Nico yesterday would be fresh, energetic legs - nothing more nothing less.

Which would have been a good thing considering it's a battle and non-stop but I don't think we should pretend he's going to be amazing in midfield for us after the event. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree that Barjonas wouldn't have been amazing but he's not afraid to put in a tackle, likes a shot at goal, and his legs would have been a lot more energetic than Nico's.  It's a real shame that it hasn't worked out for Niko because he was a very talented guy but I think it's clear now that he is incapable of doing a job for us, just go Nico.

3 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Just watched the full game back and kept an eye on kranjcar, we would have definitely got something from that game if pena or barjonas started, he literally done nothing for the full time he was on the park! Shocking decision  from mr murty.

I think he thought he'd offer us something in terms of a killer pass or holding the ball up a bit and relieving a bit of pressure. As predicted by many, it was wrong. One decent cross field ball and him filljng a jersey and taking up space on the pitch was it. 3 shit corners, repeatedly tackled and loss of possession, lack of ability to close down. It was abysmal.

The mistake was compounded by not removing him at half time/ early 2nd half. This for me was worse than opting to start with him in the team.

Pena / Barjonas could have been as mobile, but then so could a traffic cone. Pena has scored goals from good positions, Barjonas has been close with several strikes.

There were times the ball went into the box 2nd half into areas I know Pena would have been. Likewise, with us on the ascendancy I'm certain Barjonas could have provided more going forward than Niko, or sat in and allowed Holt to get further forward.

It's all ifs buts and maybes other than viewing what actually happened. And based on that performance I can't see many circumstances where Niko should get a further opportunity to play.