Tavernier

Clemdog

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I would give him the captaincy in all honesty, looked like he was talking to everyone through that game yesterday unlike wallace and it might actual help his lapses in games as a leader.

It is a good shout on a personal level but if I'm honest he's just not got that scare factor a captain needs. I long for the days of a Gough where players where scared to let him down. 

Fuck me that type of player would be priceless in this day n age. 

Good sentiment you've made but unfortunately I'm going to disagree with you. 

23 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Regardless of what we think, that yesterday was mostly warburtons team, apart from 2-3 players. 

Bates, Jack, McCrorie, Candeias and Morelos don't count as Warburton's team so that's half the outfield.

Windass and Krancjar definitely do though...

EDIT - I suppose Bates could do , although I don't remember him actually playing him

On his day he's superb. He's very inconsistent though.

The cross on the half volley was tremendous, just a shame Morelos didn't put it away or it would have been a great goal.

The run he made to set up Morelos for the header Gordon got a leg to was unbelievable as well. Reminded me of Alan Hutton when he had the great season before moving to Spurs.

11 hours ago, Blackandra said:

Iv just mentioned it in the transfer section but according to Edgar on H+H He's wanting away in Jan and has no interest in signing a new contract. Not good news. 

I hope that’s not why he’s been putting in the performances lately! 

1 hour ago, Briton said:

Perhaps not quite deserving his own thread but another player who had a good game was  Candeias.  If he could put that effort in week in week out he'd be a great asset.

Yeah he looked dangerous and had a real purpose when he was on the ball, defenders and opposition players are scared of pace and his short burts are electric......if I were him I would use that asset far more often than he has.

As for Tav, I have always been a fan. Our support seems 50/50 on his perfomances so far and I do understand why folk get frustrated with him but I like what he brings to the team. He is as fit as a fiddle, great technique and a desire to work hard for the team......he needs to work on his decision making though particularly while on that half way line, dont know how many times I have seen him lose possesion there but equally I have seen him work like a trojan to get it back.

4 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Yeah he looked dangerous and had a real purpose when he was on the ball, defenders and opposition players are scared of pace and his short burts are electric......if I were him I would use that asset far more often than he has.

As for Tav, I have always been a fan. Our support seems 50/50 on his perfomances so far and I do understand why folk get frustrated with him but I like what he brings to the team. He is as fit as a fiddle, great technique and a desire to work hard for the team......he needs to work on his decision making though particularly while on that half way line, dont know how many times I have seen him lose possesion there but equally I have seen him work like a trojan to get it back.

I don't agree he has "great technique" and one of the things I hate most about him, is the fact that he doesn't seem to bother his arse trying to get back & make up for his fuck-ups. Sorry. Credit where credit's due though. He had a great game on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

I don't agree he has "great technique" and one of the things I hate most about him, is the fact that he doesn't seem to bother his arse trying to get back & make up for his fuck-ups. Sorry. Credit where credit's due though. He had a great game on Saturday.

Hey if we all agreed it would be a boring old world. 

About his technique, all about opinion that one but I'm really surprised you say he doesnt bother his arse when he loses the ball. I have seen countless times when he loses the ball, always tries an inside pass near the half way line or just outside the 18 yard box of the opposition......he always sprints after the guy he loses it too. Sometimes het gets it back and others he doesnt but he must run the most in our team.

On 12/31/2017 at 03:12, gmcf said:

FS eejay lighten up .

After the season we've had ( or 6 ) I think we deserve a wee bit of satisfaction after today . It was refreshing to see a Rangers team up for the fight . That in itself is a start , it's what's cost us over the years and this season in particular . The challenge now is to maintain it and show the same hunger against the Hamiltons , Kilmarnocks and the rest .

If we don't do that , you'll be quite entitled to your moan . 

this!

1st decent bid and I’d flog him.    We lose so many goals in both full back positions which tells you we need upgrades.  It’s no good going forward if you’ve not the engine to get back, you may aswell be a right winger.

had a really good game but he’ll have about 8 games where hes rotten

On 12/31/2017 at 23:30, Blackandra said:

Iv just mentioned it in the transfer section but according to Edgar on H+H He's wanting away in Jan and has no interest in signing a new contract. Not good news. 

No chance of that. Have a look at his career so far - 7 loan clubs in as many years before joining us. Now a regular in the first team of a much bigger club for the last 3 years, playing his best football, creating and scoring goals whilst improving his defensive skills, so can’t see him wanting to risk going back to where he was. The game against them also shows he has the ability to handle the biggest games, but like EVERYONE else he needs to show it on a more consistent basis. I think he will.