falkirkNS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I obviously haven't seen as much of him as yourself but from what i have seen i have been veey impressed, like a proper old school young Scottish lad who is made of the right stuff and knows it but at the same time not a cocky wee cunt and very level headed.

Gallus was the word used for James McFadden when he broke through.

He has outstanding ability, it's just a shame he didn't want to stay and develop here, but seeing the Chelsea set up it's easy to see why he would want to go and try his luck.

Not sure our set up compares but the vibe i am getting is that Craig Mulholland and his team are definately putting us on the right track.

We're a million miles behind the likes of Chelsea but we're definitely going in the right direction. The guys in the academy are doing a fantastic job with the boys there now. I've followed some of them now for four or five years and the differnce in them is night and day. 

Its far too early to judge whether Gilmour is a lost gem. Yes he stood out here, but the English leagues are very big pond and awash with raw talent. His parents will naturally have wanted what's best for him and they've judged that by the standards of Chelsea's Academy. 

It is somewhat ironic though that he could now have been seeing 1st team action under Murty. 

3 minutes ago, Drum said:

Its far too early to judge whether Gilmour is a lost gem. Yes he stood out here, but the English leagues are very big pond and awash with raw talent. His parents will naturally have wanted what's best for him and they've judged that by the standards of Chelsea's Academy. 

It is somewhat ironic though that he could now have been seeing 1st team action under Murty. 

Hes just one of literally hundreds of young players Chelsea are trying to develop, they have far more talented boys on their cards than Billy from all over the globe. Maybe Billy will get lucky but he will be loaned out soon enough and fall into the merry go round.

No brainer for Billy though, more money, better facilities and players/coaches to learn from.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We're a million miles behind the likes of Chelsea but we're definitely going in the right direction. The guys in the academy are doing a fantastic job with the boys there now. I've followed some of them now for four or five years and the differnce in them is night and day. 

Here's hoping they are allowed to continue in their job and we start to reap the benefits in the. not to distant future, it's something we really need to get working in the current footballing climate in Scotland.

I think he’ll go on to be a good EPL player, maybe not at Chelsea because they rarely give youth a chance but they are good at developing young talents and he will probably develop in there youth system for a couple more years then go on loan and then be sold for profit.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Again, he was offered very similar terms by Rangers. Money played almost no part in it. I was told by a senior staff member at Rangers we had "practically matched" Chelsea's offer.

Im sure there would have been houses and other temptations put on the table by Chelsea. 

It simply has to be for money, I cant see how one team playing in a billion dollar league who already have loads of youth players at 17/18 driving expensive cars being offered the same money as a youth player at Rangers........I just cant see it.

The only ones who truly know would be Gilmour, his parents and the people involved in negotiations

3 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Im sure there would have been houses and other temptations put on the table by Chelsea. 

It simply has to be for money, I cant see how one team playing in a billion dollar league who already have loads of youth players at 17/18 driving expensive cars being offered the same money as a youth player at Rangers........I just cant see it.

The only ones who truly know would be Gilmour, his parents and the people involved in negotiations

He's living in digs while his folk are still in Ayrshire.

People involved in the negotiations like the one who told me we'd practically matched their offer?

7 hours ago, RD.1872 said:

Chelsea go into all that effort to producing their youth then punt 90% of them on loan for a few years until they're either sold or released :lol:

Chelsea take millions in loan fees it's a buisness for them they have no intention of using these players for 1st team,  that's why there youth set up is being investigated. There buying up all the youth talent pumping them out on loan at profit. Swansea paid 2.5million for Abraham this season just to loan and pick up his wages now he's scored a few they will get more in loan fee next season he could score 30 goals this season for swansea he still won't get in the Chelsea first as that's there buisness model. 

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

No harm to the lad as I understand the EPL has a huge appeal to it and his parents probably had a hand in his move, but anyone that can't see that we are a huge club and at the very least nowadays a huge stepping stone is a fuckinf idiot.

Could have worked towards hero status here, even if he eventually left. As I said though, he'll amount to fuck all probably 

of course the da seen ££££££ signs.  he will not make it into the chelsea first team. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Negotiated a fee. He can’t transfer between associations before the age of 16 (unless his parents are also moving into that associations territory for reasons unrelated to football). We agreed a deal where he completed an actual transfers the day he turned 16. Had it been only a development fee we’d have only been entitled to c90k. 

Good to see we did something right :lol: Do you know if we put in a sell on clause during that negotiation ? 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Like we've spent years doing to clubs smaller than us? It's the nature of football unfortunately. Every kid needs a huge dose of luck to make it but I can't blame the boy for wanting to give himself every chance by going to work with far superior coaching staff than we have here.

Name me some players.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Billy is EASILY the most talented player I've seen at that age. Kid can go as far as he wants in football. I'd watch him get thumped by boys (and men) much bigger than him and he'd simply get up, dust himself off and get back to playing. No bitching and whining, no running to the ref. Just got on with it. His weight and range of passing for a kid who was 15 at the time would put some pf the highly paid stars in this (and previous) Rangers teams to shame. His awareness of what's going on round about him is really good to. Assuming he keeps his head screwed on - and tbh I don't doubt for a second he will - then I genuinely believe he can go and be one of the best players Rangers or Scotland have ever produced.

If that's the case he would of been playing in the 1st team for us this season due to our injury list so he would of been better of staying and getting 1st team experience.

He would of got his move eventually. So would say it's his loss at the moment.