Magic Hat Sacked!

Boyd9her

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont understand all the hatred for MW. When i think of the way he put himself out to attend Ryan Baird's funeral for example then i'm mystified at all this contempt - or maybe i shouldn't be!

As a football coach he was a snake oil salesman who says the right things and makes all the right noises/buzzwords. Pedro was much the same. That's why whoever our next manager is then it's not an interview process because all you do is get conned by someone who sounds the best rather than is the best candidate.

There are one or two emerging managerial candidates in this country, who while maybe aren't ready for us yet, are worth keeping an eye on eg Neil McCann and Jack Ross. No buzzwords, no smooth talk etc etc just queitly honing their managerial skills - that's what ypu look out for and strike when the time is right. 

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Dont understand all the hatred for MW. When i think of the way he put himself out to attend Ryan Baird's funeral for example then i'm mystified at all this contempt - or maybe i shouldn't be!

As a football coach he was a snake oil salesman who says the right things and makes all the right noises/buzzwords. Pedro was much the same. That's why whoever our next manager is then it's not an interview process because all you do is get conned by someone who sounds the best rather than is the best candidate.

There are one or two emerging managerial candidates in this country, who while maybe aren't ready for us yet, are worth keeping an eye on eg Neil McCann and Jack Ross. No buzzwords, no smooth talk etc etc just queitly honing their managerial skills - that's what ypu look out for and strike when the time is right. 

I had a lot of respect for Warburton when he was here and I would still have that respect for him (even though it was clear it wasn’t working out) if he hadn’t tried to snake his way out of the club behind our backs.

I'll never forget watching his first game when we fucked Hibs 6-2. He gave us our dignity back, even if it was short lived. Should've known after the cup final defeat the job was too big for him. Idealist utopian football can't exist in a results based business, nevermind the sporting detritus that is Scottish football. Sad the way they let themselves down for us, glad failure is following them.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I had a lot of respect for Warburton when he was here and I would still have that respect for him (even though it was clear it wasn’t working out) if he hadn’t tried to snake his way out of the club behind our backs.

Harry Forrester received  a text message from.an ex teammate of his asking "why is your manager at our training ground"

This was from a few days before he tried to go then said he didnt. He was a snake bastard

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Harry Forrester received  a text message from.an ex teammate of his asking "why is your manager at our training ground"

This was from a few days before he tried to go then said he didnt. He was a snake bastard

Exactly. He fucked it for himself and now he’s having to pay the price for that because he’s been booted from the gig he left us for and his reputation is now in tatters.

David Weir too. Idolised by our support and he’s fucked it up for 9 months at Nottingham Forest :lol:

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Eric Lichaj?

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I thought he was the greatest thing since a sliced loaf when he first arrived.

OK, taxi!

13 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

McKay was part of his failed recruitment strategy. I just hope that no one tries to bring wee Barrie back to Ibrox. Show pony who performed once every six weeks or so. He'll be playing in league 1 or 2 down there before too long, I think. Either that, or back up here with the likes of St Mirren. A seriously overrated player (£8m man??)

Who said he was worth 8million?

Every 6 weeks or so? I do love a made up figure thrown in there:lol:

Just now, plumbGER said:

Who said he was worth 8million?

Every 6 weeks or so? I do love a made up figure thrown in there:lol:

The £6-8 million figure was being used by some characters before he left us , and if you look carefully at some of today's posts here in the Transfers threads, it is appearing again. Absolute nonsense of course, but it's a figure some seem to believe in. As for the one good game in every six weeks or so - I watched enough of him week in and week out to say that this might even be an exaggeration of how many times he played well for us.  

6 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

The £6-8 million figure was being used by some characters before he left us , and if you look carefully at some of today's posts here in the Transfers threads, it is appearing again. Absolute nonsense of course, but it's a figure some seem to believe in. As for the one good game in every six weeks or so - I watched enough of him week in and week out to say that this might even be an exaggeration of how many times he played well for us.  

Some characters:lol: a player is only worth what a club is willing to pay for him so i wouldn't be getting upset what some characters on here rate him at.

I watched him week in and week out aswell but never counted the good games and bad games but wouldn't guess either.

Still not sure why you felt the need to say that right enough, the threads about Warburton/Weir and fat Frank.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Some characters:lol: a player is only worth what a club is willing to pay for him so i wouldn't be getting upset what some characters on here rate him at.

I watched him week in and week out aswell but never counted the good games and bad games but wouldn't guess either.

Still not sure why you felt the need to say that right enough, the threads about Warburton/Weir and fat Frank.

Well, you seemed to doubt that anyone had said he was worth that amount. In the real world he isn't, but the figure has been used on here from time to time! 

On the McKay performances - respect your view and accept that many fans rate him very highly.  Many don't though - he seems to be one of those players who divide opinion.

My original post on this topic was a direct response to the highlighted comment in another post about McParland being sacked due to his failed recruitment strategy, that's all. 

26 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Well, you seemed to doubt that anyone had said he was worth that amount. In the real world he isn't, but the figure has been used on here from time to time! 

On the McKay performances - respect your view and accept that many fans rate him very highly.  Many don't though - he seems to be one of those players who divide opinion.

My original post on this topic was a direct response to the highlighted comment in another post about McParland being sacked due to his failed recruitment strategy, that's all. 

He seems to be doing ok down there but i don't follow him or Forest that much, i wouldn't say he was one of the failures of McParlands policy.

Cummings on the other hand looks a total failure.

34 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He seems to be doing ok down there but i don't follow him or Forest that much, i wouldn't say he was one of the failures of McParlands policy.

Cummings on the other hand looks a total failure.

Actually think Cummings might do a job for us .... all about opinions. 

Have a good New Year!

14 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Actually think Cummings might do a job for us .... all about opinions. 

Have a good New Year!

I thought that before he went down south, not sure what kind of deal he is on down there and if he would be an option for us now with money tight.

You too mate, quiet one for me.