Magic Hat Sacked!

Boyd9her

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stats in his final game in charge of Forrest sum him up.

Dominated play and lost.

I like what Warburton tries to do, how he tries to play, but there is clearly something missing. His teams don't have the psyche to put games to bed. Time and time again with us, we would play tidy possession football and do nothing with it.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

The stats in his final game in charge of Forrest sum him up.

Dominated play and lost.

I like what Warburton tries to do, how he tries to play, but there is clearly something missing. His teams don't have the psyche to put games to bed. Time and time again with us, we would play tidy possession football and do nothing with it.

A quick peak on to a Forest forum shows that they are saying exactly the same things that we were.. 

50 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

that trio of Weir, Warburton and McParland are ones for the watching. Something just doesnt smell right.

I get the same feeling. The way they tried to get out of Rangers...some of the signings... just not right. Sad to see Weir involved in all of this.

39 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We should have kicked on from it but we didn't and instead the taigs did

Too many people at the club thought one result against celtic meant they had made it because getting that sort of result against a “big” club at some of the diddy teams our players and staff came from would be enough to give you legendary status.

Have to hold my hands up here and admit if I was critical of the board at the time, ( not that I ever am) :whistle: they got it 100% correct with their handling of the Warburton resign/didn't resign, sacked/not sacked farce. Was shocked by his behaviour at the time as I thought  he was better than that.

17 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Have to hold my hands up here and admit if I was critical of the board at the time, ( not that I ever am) :whistle: they got it 100% correct with their handling of the Warburton resign/didn't resign, sacked/not sacked farce. Was shocked by his behaviour at the time as I thought  he was better than that.

I also felt completely let down by Weir in all of this.

14 hours ago, philiprfc said:

If we hadn't of won that day, they'd have most likely kept Deila and things could have panned out very differently.

He was told months before then he was a goner at the end of the season.

Failure to get into the CL was it for him.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Apparently being linked with Oxford United now, which is a job I actually think would be a good fit for him.

Although I agree I kind of get a bit embarrassed seeing an ex-manager get linked with that kind of job considering in that first season I was raving about him to my friends.

Warburton was never a long time appointment, the simple fact that he refused to move himself and his family up rang alarm bells for me early on. Perhaps he should have taken Fulham up on their offer last January, but I suspect that he wasn't really in the frame at the time - his agent obviously leaked it out to raise his stock. I can't say I'm bitter about him, he wasn't good enough and eventually would have been ceremonially punted due to ever worsening form. Oxford seems the level for him.