Johnny "The Penalty King" Hubbard

DonnyGer

A hero to so many old Bears like myself.  As some may know Johnny has been in Hospital over the last couple of months .Johnny has to go into a home and the family are struggling. A funding page has been set up by a Rangers fan to help. A Bear like all of us ,one of our own needs help.

Admin sorry if this is in the wrong place.

https://t.co/IJwr1Qt3D1

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

can't mind who told me this but heard a story from someone who met him and he said he'd never missed a penalty and someone said "did you not miss two?" and Hubbard said "the keeper saved them, son, I never missed"  ??

That's what he said during the ibrox tour when I was on it the other year. The tour guide mentioned how he missed 3 pens and Hubbard said "no I never the keeper saved them".

Such a brilliant man that happily takes the time to speak to everyone 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Given how good an ambassador Johnny has been over the years, I really hope the club help out some.

Ditto this, I am sure the club will be well aware of Johnny's situation and of his contribution to our history and hope they shall be doing what needs to be done quietly and efficiently.