The Dude

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

That's a bit unfair on Rangers supporting sports direct employees.

Sports Direct who bumped us out of football tops for a couple of years. 

Or a newspaper that printed lies for over a decade making us unapproachable to future investors. £150m in debt etc... 

Geez peace :lol:

As for the comparison, well it’s plain stupid. But I’m sure the OP knows this and just wants to start one of his let’s all have an argument threads because he’s bored oot his tits and is waiting for his delivery to arrive from his dealer. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Please, point me to where I have tried to "belittle" Smith. By pointing out, correctly, that he had not been a manager until he took charge here?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So he wasn't a manager? Just an assistant and a youth coach but definitely not an actual manager?

Jimmy Bell hasbeen sat in the dugout for 30 years. Must be dead experienced as a manager

Here.

Bored with this now.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

As for the comparison, well it’s plain stupid. But I’m sure the OP knows this and just wants to start one of his let’s all have an argument threads because he’s bored oot his tits and is waiting for his delivery to arrive from his dealer. 

Actually, the comparison was made after another poster insisted no Rangers manager in history had had as poor a start as manager as Murty has. 

Well, turns out that was a load of shite.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Actually, the comparison was made after another poster insisted no Rangers manager in history had had as poor a start as manager as Murty has. 

Mate you bang away on your keyboard not sure what thrill you get out of it mind you. 

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Just idiots though Smith was an assistant at Dundee Utd under Mclean and won the European championship with a Youth team with Scotland not as inexperienced as the Googlers think i guess.

You could also go back to Souness, a man with no managerial experience at any level or McCoist's time as number 2 to Smith at club and international level.

Now that Murty is in the hot seat the board owe to him to provide transfer funds that will strengthen the team.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Thats an interesting comparison. It shows how sometimes your perception of history is flawed when presented in black and white.

For me, more than anything, it suggests that Murty's shite results (and some have been absolutely woeful) come with the territory to a degree when you appoint a rookie manager. Smith had the same hiccups that Murty is having now. With the right people around him (for Archie Knox read Jimmy Nic) Murty has at least a fighting chance of being a success as Rangers manager

Just now, The Dude said:

For me, more than anything, it suggests that Murty's shite results (and some have been absolutely woeful) come with the territory to a degree when you appoint a rookie manager. Smith had the same hiccups that Murty is having now. With the right people around him (for Archie Knox read Jimmy Nic) Murty has at least a fighting chance of being a success as Rangers manager

I think all managers need luck in the short term, in order to get something established for the long term. If you dont get that luck in the short term, then - and i dont care who you are - you will be out of a job.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No another poster did not insist that, go back and read the question I asked. Has a Rangers manager ever had such a poor run against diddy teams? That was the question I asked, the point is Murty has a real problem with playing against teams that park the bus and he hasn't found an answer to it. Walter lost to Hearts, Aberdeen, Sparta Prague and Hibs in his 6 losses, these are not traditional diddy teams. Murty has lost to Dundee x2, ICT, Hamilton, St J and Kilmarnock in such a short space of time and has struggled in pretty much all the other games against the lesser teams. 

If you are going poo poo the point I was making that's fine but at least poo poo the actual point and quote I was making and not one that just suits your agenda.

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Sports Direct who bumped us out of football tops for a couple of years. 

Or a newspaper that printed lies for over a decade making us unapproachable to future investors. £150m in debt etc... 

Geez peace :lol:

So SD aren't too bad then, they only bumped the club for a couple of years.

???

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

No another poster did not insist that, go back and read the question I asked. Has a Rangers manager ever had such a poor run against diddy teams? That was the question I asked, the point is Murty has a real problem with playing against teams that park the bus and he hasn't found an answer to it. Walter lost to Hearts, Aberdeen, Sparta Prague and Hibs in his 6 losses, these are not traditional diddy teams. Murty has lost to Dundee x2, ICT, Hamilton, St J and Kilmarnock in such a short space of time and has struggled in pretty much all the other games against the lesser teams. 

If you are going poo poo the point I was making that's fine but at least poo poo the actual point and quote I was making and not one that just suits your agenda.

Motherwell and St Mirren?

Dundee are a traditional diddy team?