Rossiter having “hard time” in fitness fight

Lloyd

It would be good if he maybe came out and said something about it himself, he might have been advised against it though. 

Can't see a young lad not wanting to play football unless it is down to some anxiety or phsycological issues, but who knows, would like to get him playing for us but sometimes if it isnt working then there is no point in pushing it.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Would be absolutely gutting to be in his situation 

Would it? 

Im not being cold hearted or anything here but he’s still picking up somewhere in the region of 10-15k a week whilst some of us are doing 16-hour nightshifts on minimum wage to watch Rangers play and basically live 

I get he will want to play football but he wouldn’t know the meaning of the word gutting in the truest sense 

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Would it? 

Im not being cold hearted or anything here but he’s still picking up somewhere in the region of 10-15k a week whilst some of us are doing 16-hour nightshifts on minimum wage to watch Rangers play and basically live 

I get he will want to play football but he wouldn’t know the meaning of the word gutting in the truest sense 

Depends whether money is the be all and end all I suppose.

I suspect having the dream all your life to be a professional footballer and at 20 to be let down by your body rather than your lack of skill would be pretty devastating.

Just now, Big Al II said:

Depends whether money is the be all and end all I suppose.

I suspect having the dream all your life to be a professional footballer and at 20 to be let down by your body rather than your lack of skill would be pretty devastating.

Rather than lack of skill? He’s pish 

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Would it? 

I do understand what you mean but, big money or not, his dream was to be a professional football player. If I remember correctly, he was with Liverpool from like 5 years old. His passion and love for the game came long before his first pay check.

Any athlete losing their ability to participate in their sport will tell you the same. That’s why so many former players struggle after retirement, money can only do so much.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

I do understand what you mean but, big money or not, his dream was to be a professional football player. If I remember correctly, he was with Liverpool from like 5 years old. His passion and love for the game came long before his first pay check.

Any athlete losing their ability to participate in their sport will tell you the same. That’s why so many former players struggle after retirement, money can only do so much.

I do get that but I still think he’s got it considerably better than 99% of us 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I do get that but I still think he’s got it considerably better than 99% of us 

True. I’d love money like that, or even half as much. It obviously doesn’t need said but the cash in football is crazy. I’ve got a friend playing abroad in a pretty much unknown semi-professional league and he’s making upwards of £50k a year.

Everyone here would love his salary, injuries or not, but whether they could deal with the psychological battle of what he’s potentially going through is another thing altogether. I doubt I could.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Based on what? He’s done nothing any time he’s played for us mate 

K.a.i. you bring this up once a month about this boy. You are basing it on his ten games played for us rather than the potential that lies within. The boy can pass, has vision, passion and can tackle. It's there for all to see. Unfortunately we have only seen glimpses because of injuries. If he could ever get fit, he would be like Ryan Jack x 10. I know you disagree.

11 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

True. I’d love money like that, or even half as much. It obviously doesn’t need said but the cash in football is crazy. I’ve got a friend playing abroad in a pretty much unknown semi-professional league and he’s making upwards of £50k a year.

Everyone here would love his salary, injuries or not, but whether they could deal with the psychological battle of what he’s potentially going through is another thing altogether. I doubt I could.

Iceland by any chance?

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

K.a.i. you bring this up once a month about this boy. You are basing it on his ten games played for us rather than the potential that lies within. The boy can pass, has vision, passion and can tackle. It's there for all to see. Unfortunately we have only seen glimpses because of injuries. If he could ever get fit, he would be like Ryan Jack x 10. I know you disagree.

I don’t bring anything up once a month what happens is once a month there’s a thread about him and I’m entitled to my say like everyone else - especially when I hear words like talented and promising - he’s neither 

you say I’m basing it on 10 games (which is only half true as I seen him for Liverpool and England under 19s and didn’t rate him) but anyone saying he’s good is only basing it on the same so why are others allowed to think he’s good based on only ten games but I can’t think he’s shite based on similar? 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don’t bring anything up once a month what happens is once a month there’s a thread about him and I’m entitled to my say like everyone else - especially when I hear words like talented and promising - he’s neither 

you say I’m basing it on 10 games (which is only half true as I seen him for Liverpool and England under 19s and didn’t rate him) but anyone saying he’s good is only basing it on the same so why are others allowed to think he’s good based on only ten games but I can’t think he’s shite based on similar? 

Only time will tell the true outcome of this boy...... He is still only 20 so I'm prepared to stay patient an remain optimistic.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Would it? 

I used to know a boy that was with us as a youngster. Signed a 3 year pro deal and then in his next match got a career-ending knee injury.

He always dreamed of being a footballer, but he said that he almost immidiately felt relief that he had a very decent payout to buy a house/pay for big wedding/ set himself up etc.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Would it? 

I think it would be gutting, aye