Rossiter having “hard time” in fitness fight

Lloyd

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously feel for him but we need to think about the club first and foremost and his relatively big wage could be spent elsewhere so I'm leaning towards the 'get rid of him' comments.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he went to another club and played week in week out. It's happened in the past with players who were always injured with us, I think it's something more psychological involved with him but maybe I'm just cynical. 

If he can get fit before the end of the season and perform in a couple of games then of course he deserves another chance next season but I'll be shocked if that's the case.

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Ankle injury Feb 2015 missed rest of season.  October 2015 injured hamstring out until December.  Came back and injured hamstring again in first game.  Out for rest of season and dumped by Liverpool in May 2016.  We paid £250k for  basically an injured player on a 4 year deal.   Calf injury August 2016 and that was basically him out for the rest of the season with only 6 appearances.  This season 4 appearances and out with some mystery injury probably all season.   Farcical that we signed him on a 4 year deal.

You are aware he wasn't 'dumped' by Liverpool he chose to leave as he wanted regular first team football? The injury issues seem to be associated with his physical development rather than any innate weakness.

He is another youngster who suffered from playing far too much in his early years. Liverpool have a poor record in managing player development. 

He needs what he is getting which is time. There is no doubt about his talent and his love of playing (which has done him no favours). I remain hopeful that he will come through this and prove his worth.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Would it? 

Im not being cold hearted or anything here but he’s still picking up somewhere in the region of 10-15k a week whilst some of us are doing 16-hour nightshifts on minimum wage to watch Rangers play and basically live 

I get he will want to play football but he wouldn’t know the meaning of the word gutting in the truest sense 

On the plus side, some of that 16 hour night shift will be during the day.

3 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Obviously feel for him but we need to think about the club first and foremost and his relatively big wage could be spent elsewhere so I'm leaning towards the 'get rid of him' comments.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he went to another club and played week in week out. It's happened in the past with players who were always injured with us, I think it's something more psychological involved with him but maybe I'm just cynical. 

If he can get fit before the end of the season and perform in a couple of games then of course he deserves another chance next season but I'll be shocked if that's the case.

He probably will go elsewhere and play every week but it will be somewhere like Tranmere imo 

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Depends whether money is the be all and end all I suppose.

I suspect having the dream all your life to be a professional footballer and at 20 to be let down by your body rather than your lack of skill would be pretty devastating.

An average years wage a week might soften the blow I suspect.....Candle lit Virgil for him when it all ends and he has to get a Shite office job like the rest of us losers... :craphead:...

3 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

An average years wage a week might soften the blow I suspect.....Candle lit Virgil for him when it all ends and he has to get a Shite office job like the rest of us losers... :craphead:...

Ye could give me millions a year and i'd still be gutted for the rest of my days at losing out on my dream.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I do get that but I still think he’s got it considerably better than 99% of us 

No one says he hasnt got it better than us, but to actually want to do something but you cant cause your body doesnt want to will be gutting, i hate missing a game of 7's cause im gubbed, if you love football money or no money you'll miss it if you can't play it

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Ye could give me millions a year and i'd still be gutted for the rest of my days at losing out on my dream.

:tu:Yer a old romantic fella..... being "devastated" in being unable to kick a fitba aboot a park is a bit extreme I thought ....devastated at having a year to go with cancer or coming back from Afghanistan with no legs is devastating ma point is I'm sure he'll manage if the  injuries get the better of him..... good luck to the lad but he's been another warburton gamble gone wrong.

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No one says he hasnt got it better than us, but to actually want to do something but you cant cause your body doesnt want to will be gutting, i hate missing a game of 7's cause im gubbed, if you love football money or no money you'll miss it if you can't play it

If you were getting paid 10-15k a week to play your 7s regardless if you made it or not I’m sure you wouldn’t feel like your life was crumbling around you 

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If you were getting paid 10-15k a week to play your 7s regardless if you made it or not I’m sure you wouldn’t feel like your life was crumbling around you 

I would never think my life was crumbling around me, but id still be fucking gutted that i couldn't do the one thing id wanted to do all my life

He just might be having anx problems with it all. If that has kicked in he has my sincerest sympathy. 

Yes, he is well paid but it doesn't mean you don't have problems. If you have a job you really like and they paid you to sit around the house and attend hospital etc, you would soon stagnate.

Fairy tale scenario is he comes good and then loyally repays us as a long term player. Would love it to happen for him and us. 

12 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Does anyone know specifically what’s wrong with him?

heard it was a muscle eating disease or something genetic, then a back injury, then several different injuries and then before the game yesterday the BBC said Knee?

Don't know for sure. I heard it was a back issue, possibly nerve related, which meant he was prone to calf and hamstring injuries.