Lloyd

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Liverpool offering teenagers who have came through their academy pay as you play deals hahahahahahahahahaha 

You are ignoring the point Smile made that if Liverpool wanted to keep him he would still be there.  They are a very wealthy club.  If they offered enough money Rossiter would still be a Liverpool player.  He could have been loaned out to a smaller club.   We wanted to keep Gilmour but he went to Chelsea for the cash despite the offer of us to give him games.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

You are ignoring the point Smile made that if Liverpool wanted to keep him he would still be there.  They are a very wealthy club.  If they offered enough money Rossiter would still be a Liverpool player.  He could have been loaned out to a smaller club.   We wanted to keep Gilmour but he went to Chelsea for the cash despite the offer of us to give him games.

Yeah because Rossiter and Gilmour were exactly the same circumstances :lol: 

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Again you ignore the point being made that money talks.

I didn't miss the point at all, you compared a boy who has just turned 16 to a boy who is getting to the age where he needs to be starting to play first team football, it's a ridiculous comparison.

7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

You are wasting your time there, to be honest.

11 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I didn't miss the point at all, you compared a boy who has just turned 16 to a boy who is getting to the age where he needs to be starting to play first team football, it's a ridiculous comparison.

You are now deliberately failing to note my point was not about comparing the two players or their age and development status, my point was that money talks.   There is nothing ridiculous about that, it is a fact.   You also failed to note my point about young players going out on loan for experience.  

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I guess if people just keep repeating something they’ll hope it’ll come true.

The most promising youngsters in the game will be attracted to the biggest clubs for 3 things money, pride and honours. There’s no way that Mini-Gerrard would have moved from Liverpool if he thought they were fighting hard to keep him - I guess he saw signs that they wouldn’t be too bothered. 

The point people are making that if Liverpool really wanted Rossiter he would still be there is not in dispute. They could have outbid us. 

But it doesn't mean anything more than that. They made an offer, we made an offer and Rossiter joined us. It doesn't prove that he hasn't got talent because if he didn't then he wouldn't play for the youth national team and Liverpool wouldn't have offered him any deal. 

I think it was a good gamble on the evidence at the time. He has struggled and we will hopefully get him on the park. 

Also what the fuck those people unable to empathize with the boy. Aye he's got enough money to be comfortable for life but it's possible to be fortunate and also under intense mental strain. Wee bit of jealousy perhaps. 

I feel for the kid in a footballing sense. 

When something hurts you, you don’t keep doing it incase it hurts you again. I think this is now becoming a serious psychological issue for Rossiter where he obviously relates to playing football with inflicting pain on himself. 

I hope he can turn it around, I really do. Did he not play in the majority of England u21 games at the Euros before coming to us then has had injuries ever since? 

He had a couple of hamstring injuries but it was only 3 seasons ago he played in like every game for Liverpool under 21s as well. 

7 hours ago, gsa said:

From the Daily Record "journalist".You're learning from the best where that's concerned.  

I write an opinion blog and occasionally do the odd podcast for them. You MASSIVELY over-estimate what it is I actually do with the Record. I mean, it’s not like I’ve clarified this repeatedly or anything.

He was clearly surplus to requirements at Liverpool. Regardless of money offered by either club players dont just leave the riches of the EPL to come.and play in Scotland.

Liverpool knew there was problems with his fitness, perhaps they knew something that none of us do such as  career threating injury ! They at least had the sense to have an element of caution around him.

I'm sure none of us want to see him as being a waste of money but.given all that has gone on can anyone actually see him getting fit and being able to make a mark in football ?

23 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Wonder if he's had his wisdom teeth looked at? :https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/feb/16/milan-lab-premier-league

Was going to post something similar.

On a more local level, Colin Cameron (ex-Hertz, Wolves, among others) had a similar complaints & was on the verge of packing it in, I believe, until someone thought outside the box & pinned it down to issues with his teeth!

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Whats the truth on this then Dude? Sorry, ive not read or heard otherwise.

It’s nothing to do with money. He was offered a very similar deal by us. The fact he could go and work with some of the best coaches in the game and some of the best players made is why he moved. 

Folk will say “aye but if he’d stayed here he could have earned that move in the future” but he’s also have potentially missed out on 3/4/5 years worth of better coaching that should (in theory at least) make him a better player. 

Ive heard it from folk on all sides of the move it was nothing to do with money. Having got to know Billy a wee bit last season, he’s a boy that wants to play at the highest level he can and after speaking to plenty of people (both at Rangers and elsewhere) the chance to go down and try his luck there was too hard to pass up.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It’s nothing to do with money. He was offered a very similar deal by us. The fact he could go and work with some of the best coaches in the game and some of the best players made is why he moved. 

Folk will say “aye but if he’d stayed here he could have earned that move in the future” but he’s also have potentially missed out on 3/4/5 years worth of better coaching that should (in theory at least) make him a better player. 

Ive heard it from folk on all sides of the move it was nothing to do with money. Having got to know Billy a wee bit last season, he’s a boy that wants to play at the highest level he can and after speaking to plenty of people (both at Rangers and elsewhere) the chance to go down and try his luck there was too hard to pass up.

You'd have thought he'd have a look at danny wilson, liam miller and undoubtedly a couple others who moved south to big clubs, yeah the coaching will be top class, but it still doesn't beat hard time on a football park against other professionals 

Even if gilmour gets loaned out somewhere, it won't and will never be like the pressure environment that he'll need to deal with if he ever made it at chelsea

Another example could be ryan gauld, undoubtedly getting better coaching in Portugal, but his lack of game time has surely been detrimental to his development by now

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You'd have thought he'd have a look at danny wilson, liam miller and undoubtedly a couple others who moved south to big clubs, yeah the coaching will be top class, but it still doesn't beat hard time on a football park against other professionals 

Even if gilmour gets loaned out somewhere, it won't and will never be like the pressure environment that he'll need to deal with if he ever made it at chelsea

Another example could be ryan gauld, undoubtedly getting better coaching in Portugal, but his lack of game time has surely been detrimental to his development by now

I completely see that side of it too and believe Wilson spoke with him about the + & - of such a move at a young age. 

I’m almost certain that every one of those players would say they are a better player for their move despite them not exactly working out. 

Billy mybe has a slight advantage over them just now in the he’s not at a point in his career yet where he NEEDS to be playing first-team games right now but it’ll come soon and that’ll be a big crossroads for his career. 

I don’t think it’s any secret how big a fan I am of his or how far I think he can go in football and tbh I’d have loved to see him stay here and push on for first-team games (He’d have likely been a regular in the matchday squad this season, if not playing fairly often) but can understand why he’s taken this chance

18 hours ago, RupertDeBoer said:

The point people are making that if Liverpool really wanted Rossiter he would still be there is not in dispute. They could have outbid us. 

But it doesn't mean anything more than that. They made an offer, we made an offer and Rossiter joined us. It doesn't prove that he hasn't got talent because if he didn't then he wouldn't play for the youth national team and Liverpool wouldn't have offered him any deal. 

I think it was a good gamble on the evidence at the time. He has struggled and we will hopefully get him on the park. 

Also what the fuck those people unable to empathize with the boy. Aye he's got enough money to be comfortable for life but it's possible to be fortunate and also under intense mental strain. Wee bit of jealousy perhaps. 

Nupe no jealousy here I’m pleased someone’s financially set for life that’s injured even if it’s at our expense - I think you’re missing the point which relates back to him feeling so gutted his worlds crumbling and myself and a couple of others have rightly pointed out that it’s a false state of mind as he won’t know the true definition of that on 10-15k per week - at least he’s set for life is he doesn’t play again - he’s still considerably better off than most 

personally I said on my first comment something about I get he’s gutted he’s not playing football - if you love football you want to play it but poor soul he isn’t 

16 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I feel for the kid in a footballing sense. 

When something hurts you, you don’t keep doing it incase it hurts you again. I think this is now becoming a serious psychological issue for Rossiter where he obviously relates to playing football with inflicting pain on himself. 

I hope he can turn it around, I really do. Did he not play in the majority of England u21 games at the Euros before coming to us then has had injuries ever since? 

He had a couple of hamstring injuries but it was only 3 seasons ago he played in like every game for Liverpool under 21s as well. 

Yes and played pretty well in games I seen, It always seems he gets fit for start of the season plays 1-2 games and thats him done for season it really is a pity as I think he would be a good player to have fit as likes a tackle but we have seen so little of him we cannot judge.