Rossiter having “hard time” in fitness fight

Lloyd

Rumour is that he was on a certain acne medicine as a teenager at Liverpool and side-affects from this are the cause of his injuries (joints knackered). Perhaps Liverpool knew this which is why they didn't put up much of a fight for one of their brightest prospects (he already endured lengthy absences with a hamstring injury before he came to us..). Hopefully it is all hearsay and he makes a return to fitness asap.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Rumour is that he was on a certain acne medicine as a teenager at Liverpool and side-affects from this are the cause of his injuries (joints knackered). Perhaps Liverpool knew this which is why they didn't put up much of a fight for one of their brightest prospects (he already endured lengthy absences with a hamstring injury before he came to us..). Hopefully it is all hearsay and he makes a return to fitness asap.

:lol: "Acne medicine" is certainly a new one.

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

:lol: "Acne medicine" is certainly a new one.

Very possibly true. My son suffered very badly from infantile eczema and was on steroid creams from an early age. At 28 he now has carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands and suffers regularly from muscle aches. 

Steroid creams are often used to treat acne related issues, so entirely believable as far as I am concerned.

4 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Ive heard it all now..... what a load of rubbish.

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

There's  absolutely no point in keeping a player at the club who is only ever going to be seen the club's medical staff. I can't another club buying him so best let him go asap.

It's not that easy mate. He has a contract. Where will we let him go ? Who will take him? He is ours. Best try to get him fit and take it from there.

33 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

There's  absolutely no point in keeping a player at the club who is only ever going to be seen the club's medical staff. I can't another club buying him so best let him go asap.

If he still isn't fit by the end of his contract then it'll be a shame but we'll have to let him go.

Until then, keep helping him & give him the medical care he needs. He is still a young boy, only 20 years old and has way more ability than guys like Holt & Halliday. 

Really hope he gets sorted out.

7 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

You can't just 'get rid' of a player on a 4 year contract.

It's fairly obvious that we would all like this young man to overcome his Injury problems get into the first team for a couple of seasons then be sold back to Liverpool or some other epl side for twenty million.  But it's not going to happen.

He's been Injured for years, I don't think he's going to make a full recovery ever.

He's contracted to us for another couple of years so from his position I'm sure he will continue using our facilities to try and get fit.  He has no love affair with Rangers, we are just another club to him.

From our perspective we will continue to try and help him to get fit and continue to him thousands of pounds each week in the process.

He was a signing gamble that has failed. You win some, you lose sum.

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

What was the rumour

Seemingly he was caught doing a bit of hoovering at a night out (might have been a club night out canny mind) and walter told him he wouldn't play for us again, as it could tarnish the clubs image, however he wouldn't tell anyone about the incident if he chucked it and straightend himself out

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Seemingly he was caught doing a bit of hoovering at a night out (might have been a club night out canny mind) and walter told him he wouldn't play for us again, as it could tarnish the clubs image, however he wouldn't tell anyone about the incident if he chucked it and straightend himself out

When I worked in Magalluf and he played for Airdrie they came over for their end of season holiday most of them were on the gear apart from Gow and Vareille who I remember were against it.

Gow came back over a few weeks later and I was out with him and his mates most nights and again a few of them were on it but he wasn't and was hardly drinking because he was up early and out running and really into his fitness.

Obviously that was a few years before he signed for us and things could of changed but he certainly seemed against gear.

He was a bear too so I'm sure he would of been gutted leaving us.

7 hours ago, hugonot said:

was it not alan gow who was released beecause of a biomechaical problem a few years back?

He was sold rather than released. He failed a medical at Wolves which was a biochemical issue but we later sold him.

14 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

When I worked in Magalluf and he played for Airdrie they came over for their end of season holiday most of them were on the gear apart from Gow and Vareille who I remember were against it.

Gow came back over a few weeks later and I was out with him and his mates most nights and again a few of them were on it but he wasn't and was hardly drinking because he was up early and out running and really into his fitness.

Obviously that was a few years before he signed for us and things could of changed but he certainly seemed against gear.

He was a bear too so I'm sure he would of been gutted leaving us.

Did you work in Magaluf? Aye?

20 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Where the fuck was he putting it......oan his legs !!!!