Jimmy Nicholl

adamtricky

Seen this  yesterday  on BBC website , but not seen anything posted on here about it  yet ? 

Jimmy Nicholl will be the new assistant manager of Rangers. 

The former Ibrox player, currently number two with Falkirk, will leave his job at the Championship club after Tuesday's game against Dunfermline.

Northern Irishman Nicholl, 61, had an earlier period coaching at Rangers, taking the reserve team under Graeme Souness in the 1980s.

Now he will assist Graeme Murty, who has been assured he will be in charge of Rangers until the end of the season.

Nicholl, who also had a spell as a player at Manchester United and managed Raith Rovers to a Scottish League Cup win in 1994, will also continue to work with Northern Ireland, having assisted their manager Michael O'Neill since 2015. 

Remember him the 1st time around,  hopefully will  be a good knowledgeable influence on Murty .  Not sure what will happen to  Jonatan Johansson.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Fuck no,his inability to break sides down means he's a non starter for me

What position does he play?

We need that extra bit of quality, esp in the final third to break down teams, not GM's fault we dont have that.

For all i agree that GM isnt the long term solution thats not why.

15 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Fuck no,his inability to break sides down means he's a non starter for me

He has taken over a team that previous to his appointment was incapable of winning 3 games in a row and though we've had a few terrible results he's also managed to break down Hibs, Hearts and the sheep twice.

Give him a proper chance and hopefully with some new additions to the squad we'll get the right results against the diddy teams too.

5 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

He has taken over a team that previous to his appointment was incapable of winning 3 games in a row and though we've had a few terrible results he's also managed to break down Hibs, Hearts and the sheep twice.

Give him a proper chance and hopefully with some new additions to the squad we'll get the right results against the diddy teams too.

A proper chance he's into his third month yes the squads stretched at the moment but some team selections are baffling namely Niko and his continual use of fucking Herrera,in compact games at home we don't seem to have any set style of play or invention we need a manager that can adapt to different situations,it seems to me Murty can only really play one way but hopefully with a couple signings in January we'll improve.

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

A proper chance he's into his third month yes the squads stretched at the moment but some team selections are baffling namely Niko and his continual use of fucking Herrera,in compact games at home we don't seem to have any set style of play or invention we need a manager that can adapt to different situations,it seems to me Murty can only really play one way but hopefully with a couple signings in January we'll improve.

Then you go on say his choices are baffling, who do you suggest he plays? he plays the players he has at his disposal, and he hasn't had the luxury of choices tbf.

I do agree about style of play ect but I think its unfair to dig him about team selection when he's fuck all to choose from.

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

Barring disaster, I think Murty and Nicholl will be at the helm next season.

Depend on definitions of a disater

As long as third, failing to have a decent Scottish cup run and not being within ten off the taigs is classed as a disaster...

6 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Then you go on say his choices are baffling, who do you suggest he plays? he plays the players he has at his disposal, and he hasn't had the luxury of choices tbf.

I do agree about style of play ect but I think its unfair to dig him about team selection when he's fuck all to choose from.

Barjonas instead of Niko and literally anyone but Herrera I refuse to accept that Hardie is worse than that lump of wood

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

He's into his third month with a threadbare squad of flops he inherited from two managers who weren't up to the job.

He's also not been afraid to change the team or formation for different games and though it hasn't always worked at least it shows he's willing to adapt. I think you're getting mixed up with Warburton when saying Murty can only play one way.

The selection of Niko wasn't so baffling when you consider how many midfielders were available for selection and looking back at the game over the 90 minutes Rangers were the best team. 

Motherwell at Ibrox apart Herrera has basically only came on as a late sub in most games.

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Barjonas instead of Niko and literally anyone but Herrera I refuse to accept that Hardie is worse than that lump of wood

Did you watch the Hibs game, Barjonas looked out of his depth.

Given the choice he probably opted for Niko due to his experience in bigger games.

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

He's into his third month with a threadbare squad of flops he inherited from two managers who weren't up to the job.

He's also not been afraid to change the team or formation for different games and though it hasn't always worked at least it shows he's willing to adapt. I think you're getting mixed up with Warburton when saying Murty can only play one way.

The selection of Niko wasn't so baffling when you consider how many midfielders were available for selection and looking back at the game over the 90 minutes Rangers were the best team. 

Motherwell at Ibrox apart Herrera has basically only came on as a late sub in most games.

Aye he's changed the team but it only works one way,just the sight of that big dumpling warming up gies me the absolute fear,we'll see how we go after the winter break should have few players back and hopefully one or two additions in and go on a run.

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Murty clearly doesn't mind giving young players a go and he see's them in training every day, if Hardie was looking the better player I've have doubt he'd have played before Herrera, as for Niko I think successive managers have been caught in the headlights of the player he once was and play him in the hope rather than expectation he can find that bit of quality, hasnt really worked and never worked yesterday, pace of the game here makes it fly right past him.