Jimmy Nicholl

adamtricky

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Was any midfielder good against Hibs? whole midfield was non existent not just Barjonas

No the midfield didn't perform but the game totally bypassed Barjonas.

Maybe needs a run of games to get up to speed with the SPL, Saturday's game wasn't the one to throw him into IMO.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, FSM said:

Barring disaster, I think Murty and Nicholl will be at the helm next season.

Think you're spot on with that.

We will spend the summer getting through the EL qualifiers and negotiating our way through the first round, which we will and the job will be Murty's. I doubt there will be the room or the appetite for a new manager to bring in another new squad. No way will this board take the risk of a new manager wasting money on more dross and I would think they will start to have us living within our means as these loans cannot go on forever. These two will weed out the worst of them and bring in replacements. 

If there is no new income streams or investors, I suppose it makes sense and it can work. Wether these two can deliver, only time will tell, but JN has been round the block a few times and is streetwise enough to keep Murty right and protected.

If it is Murty’s decision then I think it’s good that he’s looked for some experience and wouldn’t be surprised if Walter had reccomended him. Anybody other than Murty would have been given the benefit of doubt until they brought their own players in. Not sure he’ll get that luxury though. 

7 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

If it is Murty’s decision then I think it’s good that he’s looked for some experience and wouldn’t be surprised if Walter had reccomended him. Anybody other than Murty would have been given the benefit of doubt until they brought their own players in. Not sure he’ll get that luxury though. 

That's simply not true.  There was plenty wanting Pedro sacked before he signed a player during the summer transfer window.  If anything, Murty is getting a much easier time of it because most accept he isn't a proper manager. 

12 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

JN is just so left field. Has Murty ever worked with him before?

The most logical explanation would be that this is a precursor to Michael O'Neill coming in the summer. 

But then again this is Rangers, so who knows wtf is going on.

That's what I think as well .

7 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

McCall wasn't and he's better than what we currently have and certainly as good as McInnes we were chasing.

15 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

A proper chance he's into his third month yes the squads stretched at the moment but some team selections are baffling namely Niko and his continual use of fucking Herrera,in compact games at home we don't seem to have any set style of play or invention we need a manager that can adapt to different situations,it seems to me Murty can only really play one way but hopefully with a couple signings in January we'll improve.

Herrera's selection is no more baffling than Windass's's's's.

2 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I was wondering why Jimmy Nicholl would take a job for 6 months maximum so the ONeill theory does make sense.

Probably earn more money working for us for 6 months than he would working at Falkirk for a few years. Plus, he gets to work at Rangers, which is not a chance that comes along very often.

2 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I was wondering why Jimmy Nicholl would take a job for 6 months maximum so the ONeill theory does make sense.

He is assistant at Falkirk the now so really just swapping clubs just now don’t think there is anything to O’Neill 

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

That's simply not true.  There was plenty wanting Pedro sacked before he signed a player during the summer transfer window.  If anything, Murty is getting a much easier time of it because most accept he isn't a proper manager. 

That’s simply not true. The majority were willing to give Pedro the summer to bring his own players in. There are always some that want a manager out even before a ball is kicked. I think any manager would struggle with the lack of quality and depth in the squad.

55 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

That’s simply not true. The majority were willing to give Pedro the summer to bring his own players in. There are always some that want a manager out even before a ball is kicked. I think any manager would struggle with the lack of quality and depth in the squad.

I can assure you it is true.  Many wanted Pedro sacked after the result against Aberdeen, after the Old Firm semi, and again after the Old Firm game at Ibrox.  We weren't even in to the summer transfer window and there was already a strong movement growing for him to be canned.  

Your earlier post stated that "anybody other than Murty would have been given the benefit of doubt until they brought their own players in" when that's not true at all.  We seen with Pedro that results are expect even if you come in with the league already lost having never signed a single player.  

Murty has been given plenty of leeway by our fans especially after the results against Dundee, Hamilton, St.Johnstone, and Kilmarnock.  I think most of our fans accept that Murty is a youth coach out of his depth and doing the best he can under difficult circumstances.  I see plenty of praise on here for Murty and he's certainly not on the receiving end of undue levels of criticism by our support.

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I can assure you it is true.  Many wanted Pedro sacked after the result against Aberdeen, after the Old Firm semi, and again after the Old Firm game at Ibrox.  We weren't even in to the summer transfer window and there was already a strong movement growing for him to be canned.  

Your earlier post stated that "anybody other than Murty would have been given the benefit of doubt until they brought their own players in" when that's not true at all.  We seen with Pedro that results are expect even if you come in with the league already lost having never signed a single player.  

Murty has been given plenty of leeway by our fans especially after the results against Dundee, Hamilton, St.Johnstone, and Kilmarnock.  I think most of our fans accept that Murty is a youth coach out of his depth and doing the best he can under difficult circumstances.  I see plenty of praise on here for Murty and he's certainly not on the receiving end of undue levels of criticism by our support.

They were right to want him sacked.