Halliday

bordersbear

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/01/2018 at 22:54, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Im in the minority on here but i think Halliday can be a handy addition to the squad. Hopefully as the standard of player gets better then players like Halliday and Holt can come in when required and show up a bit better

Can a have the number of your dealer?  All joking aside who knows, wasn't that long ago Holts career was all but over here now look at him!

37 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Yet another one who just opens his mouth and let's his fanny rumble.

Aye then, definitely a brain dead mongo. 

This conversation doesn't really change the fact that Halliday's still bog-rotten :lol: 

Away and get easily offended elsewhere 

Was always on the cards he'd outstay Pedro, predicted by a few, so Andy gets a second chance, his hearts in the right place, so let's see if he can make a go of it, he must put his nose to the grindstone and improve his game, and if he does and gets his chance and puts the lego muncher nose in a sling then he might just win a few hearts and minds! He's been fortunate with the injury problems and limited choices in the squad at the time of his return, he shouldn't waste his second chance, he can be a hero if only for one day !

image.thumb.jpeg.8a39f956945ba021b48d7facb9931bff.jpeg

image.jpeg.1b87f27ebba6b77fa54add8f4e6fd97b.jpeg

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

Yet you quote goalscoring as a benchmark, so making Pena a better option?

I thought you looked to be blurring your own argument.

For my two penn’orth, I’m no great fan of Halliday, either.

Although, I can  see how he might be perceived as a better fit than the other 2, for a league which seems to reward running around a lot over the odd flash of inspiration.

Well yes. If people want to compare him to players in other positions and say he would be a better option then I'd expect using the record of that player in his own position to be a valid argument.

The point is people are claiming Halliday, a self proclaimed defensive midfielder would have been a better option to have in the team on Saturday than Kranjcar and Pena who are both attacking midfielders. It's ridiculous and the only reason they've chose to mention those players is because they know that the boy who played in Halliday's actual position on Saturday is already miles better at it than Halliday could ever hope to be.

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Well yes. If people want to compare him to players in other positions and say he would be a better option then I'd expect using the record of that player in his own position to be a valid argument.

The point is people are claiming Halliday, a self proclaimed defensive midfielder would have been a better option to have in the team on Saturday than Kranjcar and Pena who are both attacking midfielders. It's ridiculous and the only reason they've chose to mention those players is because they know that the boy who played in Halliday's actual position on Saturday is already miles better at it than Halliday could ever hope to be.

I get where you’re coming from.

I think folk are arguing that he could have had a bit more mobility in the side, which neither Nico or Pena can provide.

Not saying Halliday specifically fits this description, but (if he’d been available & picked ahead of the other two), it wouldn’t be the first time a manager’s gone with putting his ‘best eleven players’ out, as opposed to the eleven ‘best players in their positions’.

(I know it’s a stretch putting AH in anybody’s idea of a best eleven!!)

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Don't partake in such tomfoolery so couldn't tell you.

...Fair enough mate, nor do I partake in such 'lunacy' as 'the bevvy' (a couple on birthdays and new years my whack)...I'm an arsehole sober and a bigger one pissed,...most smokers I know are NOT interested in fighting when they've had a puff...get pricks wae a few bevvies in them and any one can become the 'victim' :cheers:

Archived