Halliday

bordersbear

Just now, gsa said:

It's not shite though, is it? He's a rent a quote.

You've said here he's not good enough and then below you think he could be a number ten " getting in the box and getting shots away" 

hahaha!!!

Could you please provide some links to his interviews?

I don't think he's good enough for us but that position would maybe suit him.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Halliday is not and has never been an attacking midfielder.

Don't know why he keeps getting compared to Kranjcar.

Do people actually reckon he is creative? And could play number 10? 

I know hes not a number 10 but he would have been a better option on saturday than kranjcar.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Could you please provide some links to his interviews?

I don't think he's good enough for us but that position would maybe suit him.

He's not good enough but you want him to be the creative lynchpin of the team? 

This is a genuine question, do you ever actually watch football?

And a simple google search will do the trick. 

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

He's not good enough but you want him to be the creative lynchpin of the team? 

This is a genuine question, do you ever actually watch football?

And a simple google search will do the trick. 

Where did I say I wanted him to be the 'creative lynchpin of the team'? I literally used the words not as a playmaker. I obviously meant that's maybe a position he could be OK in, at no point did I say I wanted him to play that role for us.

I Googled Andy Halliday interview and everything that comes up is with our in house station with the majority being press conferences, hardly being a media whore?

If he can make a similar impact that Holt has since he has comeback into the team, our bench on Saturday is proof that we need better options than we have if he earns his place in the team then I don't have an issue with him returning. If he's shit then he can sit on the bench. 

Just now, GWR1979 said:

If he can make a similar impact that Holt has since he has comeback into the team, our bench on Saturday is proof that we need better options than we have if he earns his place in the team then I don't have an issue with him returning. If he's shit then he can sit on the bench. 

If he can up his game like Holt has and Windass then he will be okay

I personally would rather have Halliday in our team than the likes of Niko. He knows what the club is about and unlike many others in this team will give his all no matter what. His passion and desire is second to none. Must up his game though if he is to stay at the club.

1 minute ago, Ryju84 said:

If he can up his game like Holt has and Windass then he will be okay

We need options in Midfield, He did have some decent games for us and scored some decent goals, I hope he comes back and makes an impact. 

5 minutes ago, Falcon Punch said:

A few people have short memories. I hope he comes back playing in his favoured position and smashes it. He's one of our own.

What's his favoured position?

Andy Halliday is delighted to be being deployed in a holding midfield role for Rangers and believes it is his most natural and best position.

"I think it's a lot more natural to me in terms of my attributes as a football player", Halliday continued.

Krancjar may have been MIA on Saturday but Halliday was for the majority of last season. There is no need to compare them. It would appear that Halliday has not improved since his loan spell based on his lack of minutes played since leaving us.

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Apparently his preferred position is a left mid or left forward. So could see him being good on the left side of the diamond shape. Also I always felt Halliday was better at going forward than defending. Besides it's be daft to bring him back to be a CDM when we have Jack and McCrorie who are just bossing it there. 

agree with that bit

2 hours ago, philiprfc said:

Facts are, we need him at a minimum for cover, but I think we'd be daft not to give him another chance when we have people like Holt, Windass and Wilson who were just as shite last year who have gone on to prove themselves this season.

when did Holt or Windass improve, I probably missed those highlites,

Archived