Halliday

bordersbear

As Halliday is still on our books we have to try and get the best out of him. At worse he can provide cover, and at best maybe we can improve him as a player which would strengthen the squad and add value should we move him on at some point. What is clear this is a last chance saloon opportunity for Halliday to prove himself in a Rangers jersey. Given our recent history with Managers and in particular Pedro C’s attitude to players who he did not want (clear them out/ sell them cheap rather than actually try to coach them) I do have some sympathy for Halliday. However we are equally good at building guys up (and in Halliday case it was on little substance and the fact he is a local Rangers fan) and then knocking them down after a few weak performances- Halliday seemed to think at one point he was bigger than his boots- but our PR/ Media department seemed to drive that more than the player. I wish him well and hope he takes this opportunity to prove himself at Rangers on pure footballing merit. Halliday is the sort of player that Nicholl may be a very positive influence on.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are short of options in midfield and as we have him under contract then it's worth giving him a chance. He should be playing left side midfield definitely not a holding midfielder as he had a good run  in that position and failed. He also could possibly be used as cover at LB. However I hope he makes more effort in tracking back than he did in the 2-0 loss last season to celtic. As a Rangers supporter as he is the least  expected is effort and that game he should hang his head in shame. 

BBC claiming Rangers want MOH back in January but St.Johnstone are keen to have him for the rest of the season.  Murty should just bring them all back and give them one last chance.  Halliday, MOH, Forrester, and Dodoo.  They failed under Warburton, Pedro, and if they fail under Murty they should be booted out for good.  

9 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I know hes not a number 10 but he would have been a better option on saturday than kranjcar.

Based on what exactly? He's done nothing against them whenever he's played other than a decent performance in the semi final almost 2 years ago which he's still living off of.

And even that is mostly down to him growling at Brown in the pre match handshakes because Dominic Ball was the star man in midfield that day.

28 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

BBC claiming Rangers want MOH back in January but St.Johnstone are keen to have him for the rest of the season.  Murty should just bring them all back and give them one last chance.  Halliday, MOH, Forrester, and Dodoo.  They failed under Warburton, Pedro, and if they fail under Murty they should be booted out for good.  

Can't see any of them coming back and being any better than before. They're 4 of the names I wanted gone first jn the summer.

Dodoo is back with us already because Charlton decided to give a youth player a chance instead of keep Dodoo :lol: 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Can't see any of them coming back and being any better than before. They're 4 of the names I wanted gone first jn the summer.

Dodoo is back with us already because Charlton decided to give a youth player a chance instead of keep Dodoo :lol: 

Don't think the boy is any good tbh but the Charlton manager was saying the other day if they have a player on loan from.any club and one of their boys breaks through and shows promise then they will not hesitate to play the youngster rather than develop another teams player.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Don't think the boy is any good tbh but the Charlton manager was saying the other day if they have a player on loan from.any club and one of their boys breaks through and shows promise then they will not hesitate to play the youngster rather than develop another teams player.

Makes sense. I'm sure we'd all want our team doing the same.

It's never really a problem for us though because most of our loan signings are never good enough to get a game anyway :lol:

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Fair enough. 

I can't see him coming back and improving us and we don't even need him as the token very black guy that appears in training photos anymore as Dalcio does that well.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Makes sense. I'm sure we'd all want our team doing the same.

It's never really a problem for us though because most of our loan signings are never good enough to get a game anyway :lol:

We signed Dave permanently. Hes not fantastic but I think I prefer him to Wallace

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Fair enough. 

I can't see him coming back and improving us and we don't even need him as the token very black guy that appears in training photos anymore as Dalcio does that well.

Off topic but why is he even still here? Shambles that we aren't looking to cut his loan spell short as well. Unless by some miracle we've negotiated a deal where we aren't paying anything for him while he's here.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Off topic but why is he even still here? Shambles that we aren't looking to cut his loan spell short as well. Unless by some miracle we've negotiated a deal where we aren't paying anything for him while he's here.

I've told you why he's here and I can't see anyone convincing me otherwise 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Yeah, him and Hyndman aside though. When was our last decent loan signing?

We have a habit of bringing guys in to make up the numbers :lol:

Ball wasn't that bad

I agree though, most of our loan signings are pish at best. 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Yeah, him and Hyndman aside though. When was our last decent loan signing?

We have a habit of bringing guys in to make up the numbers :lol:

Hyndman isn't doing anything at Bournemouth.  I'd have him back if Pena and Windass go this month.  The only CAM we'll have left is Kranjcar and he's finished.  

Archived