Halliday

bordersbear

2 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

The only reason people want him back is because he supports Rangers, just admit it.

I think it's more if you look at our team we have a really small player pool he is our player and should start before retirees like Kranjcar and Pena who still seems to not be fit and it's January.

Even when not starting he could improve our bench.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm possibly one of his harsher critics but I can accept he's relatively tidy on the ball. He is however one of the weakest and slowest professional players I've ever seen. Added to that he lacks any fight or fortitude and hits the deck every 10 mins feigning injury. 

Absence makes the heart grow fonder comes to mind.

The guy loves the club and lived the dream and good on him but he's not a very good player and the only reason he is still on the books is because he was given a stupid lengthy contract. 

1 minute ago, CoplandStandBear said:

If he's better than Kranjcar and Pena then why pay them massive wages? Halliday and O'Halloran should come back to see what Murty can get out of them. 

He's not better than either of them.

I don't rate Niko for us but to put Halliday anywhere near his ability is a joke in itself. Andy was fucking useless for us last year and caused as many goals as he created. Pena is better than Halliday aswell. 

9 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Carlos Pena has scored 5 goals in his first 14 games for us.

The same amount of goals Halliday managed in 42 appearances for us last season.

Yet this thread is full of people claiming Halliday would be a better option :lol:

Pena is so poor that despite Kranjcar almost being in a coma for an hour he still only got on for the last 10 minutes. Lazy and unfit players on big wages like Pena and Kranjcar are what we need rid of. 

2 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Pena is so poor that despite Kranjcar almost being in a coma for an hour he still only got on for the last 10 minutes. Lazy and unfit players on big wages like Pena and Kranjcar are what we need rid of. 

The argument that we should keep Halliday because what we currently have is shite is embarrassing. 

Have a bit of ambition fuck sake

3 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

The 'coma' part made me :lol:

But you also make a good point. 

16 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

If he's better than Kranjcar and Pena then why pay them massive wages? Halliday and O'Halloran should come back to see what Murty can get out of them. 

I'd let Pena go back to Mexico as his heart is not in it.  Nico is finished however no other club is going to buy him.

We should sell the other two for whatever we can get, both have proven to be shite players. 

On 01/01/2018 at 22:54, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Im in the minority on here but i think Halliday can be a handy addition to the squad. Hopefully as the standard of player gets better then players like Halliday and Holt can come in when required and show up a bit better

I also think that Murty’s strength lies in his player management skills, regardless of Haliday’s previous endeavours in a Rangers shirt he is no doubt committed and will do his upmost for the team. I genuinely hope he progresses through Murty’s guidance and will deliver the kind of performances we as fellow supporters would hope to give in his position. Good luck...

43 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Carlos Pena has scored 5 goals in his first 14 games for us.

The same amount of goals Halliday managed in 42 appearances for us last season.

Yet this thread is full of people claiming Halliday would be a better option :lol:

You just said they don’t even play in the same position!

Maybe if Halliday became a 5 yard tap-in merchant, he’d have an equally impressive scoring rate?

29 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The argument that we should keep Halliday because what we currently have is shite is embarrassing. 

Have a bit of ambition fuck sake

Is there the money to be ambitious, if we got rid of Pena & Nico?

23 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Is there the money to be ambitious, if we got rid of Pena & Nico?

I'd get rid of Kranjcar and Halliday before id get rid of Pena.

Im not a big fan of Pena but he shows a lot more for us than those other two do. 

Obviously there's only so far we can get with the lack of money we currently have but Andy Halliday will bring absolutely nothing to us.

1 hour ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Kranjcar should've been hooked at halftime.  We were putting a lot of balls in the box during that second half and Pena's good at getting on the end of those.  He's given us a good goals return this season.

1 hour ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Pena isn’t poor at all he’s looked ok in the games he’s played 

his attitude might be another issue and he might want back home but he’s not a poor player 

Archived