God bless the 66

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terrible for all families friends and everyone related to our club, will be missed every single day but I would guess more so at this time of year, thoughts are with everyone who suffered. Hopefully every Rangers Supporter can take even a small five minutes out of there day to have a sombre moment for those that passed that day and those who live on with terrible memories from that day, my dad was there and told me his recollection of what happened to him. Sad day.

I was thirteen at the time and it’s etched in my memory for ever. We lived between the Stadium and the Southern General Hospital, I’ll never forget the eerie sound of the ambulance sirens through the fog, and the feeling of numbness as the bulletins came in through the night of the rising  death toll.

2 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

I was there as a 16 yr old and remember having a spare ticket for the game and selling it to someone outside the ground. I always wonder what happened to the guy. A small toast today to absent friends. May the rest in peace. 

Must be a chilling thought for you mate. I'm sure there's a chap on here who has a similar story about Hillsborough (if I remember right he swapped his ticket to be in another stand as he knew how dangerous the pens behind the goal were).

On 02/01/2018 at 10:03, Captain Hilts said:

Must be a chilling thought for you mate. I'm sure there's a chap on here who has a similar story about Hillsborough (if I remember right he swapped his ticket to be in another stand as he knew how dangerous the pens behind the goal were).

It was me with the Hillsborough account.   My dad was at Ibrox that day.  I still remember watching the news,  my mum waiting for a call home from my dad,  reading the papers over and over again the next day.   RIP 66