***Florida Cup Thread***

Captain Hilts

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, backup said:

Should be at home training for the Scottish game, not panhandling with Flamenco dancers, as usual priorities all wrong.

Agreed, Fraserburgh needs 3 weeks preparation, much more important than trying to expand our brand in a lucrative market.

2 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Our first of two games is against Atlético Mineiro of Brazil. This will be played at midnight UK time on Friday 12 January at the Orlando City Stadium.

We will then play Corinthians, also of Brazil, on Saturday 13 January at 6pm UK time. This will be played at the Spectrum Stadium in Orlando. 

Both games will be shown live on Premier Sports and I imagine RTV will be showing them too.

This should hopefully be a good experience for the players, and with Murty seemingly keen to get new players in early in January, it could be useful for team bonding also. 

Anyone heading over?

I'm out on Monday ?

41 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I honestly can't see the point in using a winter break playing matches. May as well not have one and just continue on with the SPL. 

There's a big difference between competitive football over a stagnent period in the middle of the season where the weathers shite, players a bit tired and carrying knocks and this where they can experiment, play different teams at a different pace and raise brand awareness and make some decent cash too. It's an absolute no-brainer - or it should be.

This is as close to European style/type football as we have been in years and will be for some time. I'm excited about it. Might be a meaningless friendly cup but Rangers are playing ffs. We're in it to win it obviously, but we could quite easily lose every match. Standard of opposition is excellent. 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

19 of us booked in my party. 

3 villas in a complex booked for 6 nights. 

Hired a mini bus and a couple of our group have kindly agreed to do the driving about. 

Dont get anyone saying they aren’t interested in this, Rangers are playing ffs 

Jealous as fuck! Enjoy it mate!

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Btw OP the first game's the 11th .. I dunno why it says the 12th seen that somewhere last night too.

It will be the 12th here as kick off is at midnight and we are 5 hours ahead. I've updated it to show local kick off times aswell though. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It will be the 12th here as kick off is at midnight and we are 5 hours ahead. I've updated it to show local kick off times aswell though. 

Ah that explains it then

1 hour ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I honestly can't see the point in using a winter break playing matches. May as well not have one and just continue on with the SPL. 

Exactly, it is a total farce - and which mainly lead to the original SPL break being scrapped as teams were ripping the arse out of it. My main concern is injuries to an already stretched squad, for needless games.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

19 of us booked in my party. 

3 villas in a complex booked for 6 nights. 

Hired a mini bus and a couple of our group have kindly agreed to do the driving about. 

Dont get anyone saying they aren’t interested in this, Rangers are playing ffs 

Fantastic mate. Enjoy :thumbup:

Archived