***Florida Cup Thread***

Captain Hilts

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rfclondon said:

Fell asleep at half time, but pleased with how good Goss looked on the ball, particularly when picking it up from deep. Bit of a problem with final ball still, and Niko was Niko - but hey, it's a friendly, so who really cares?! Also I doubt The Dalcio at left back will be repeated...

Dalcio in a Rangers shirt should not be repeated. Easily one of the worst footballers to grace a pitch.

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d back Bates to win 99/100 headers.

But I’d also back him to make 10/100 ten yard passes. 

That's exactly what he is mate. He can't do anything other than defend lol 

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Spot on.

Bates really should be given free reign to hoof it up the park as his passing is aŵful. Good at defending and that’s it.

Just now, cushynumber said:

"There's a player there"

:justno::justno:

Did you not see at the end of the half when he made a run up the wing and never received the ball, the play switched to the right and about 10 seconds later it came into the middle of the park and he was there, he had taken it upon himself to take on a free roll from left back as clearly Kranjcar wasn't doing anything. 

As Warburton would say his in game management was on point.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Hopefully that puts to rest all the "let's see what Dalcio can do he hasn't had a chance" talk.

He had one chance and it was Niederkorn away and he was completely out of his depth.

Mate don't do this...

46 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That's why he looked decent against the tims,for some reason they kept punting it high in the air, on the ground hes terrible

Would agree it is a training match and can't lead too much into it....

In spite of injuries to Jack and McRorie, losing Pena and the return of Halliday, MOH with addition of Goss and Murphy has brought a lot more balance and options to our squad. Windass hasn't played much in his preferred position whereas now we have seen him using his pace behind Morelos, where also MOH can make an impact as opposed to sticking him on the wing which we did before. We haven't seen much from Murphy but he can play up top or on the left and for me will be a better option than Miller there. 

Although not the greatest player, id much rather we have someone like Halliday as a squad option as for me attitude is just as important as ability to be a Rangers player. He will be a positive influence off the park and you know he'll try on it when needed. 

Negatives for me are the ongoing presence of Dalcio, i'm puzzled that someone like Pena has gone ahead of Dalcio who has offered nothing. Surely we need to be cancelling his loan soon and stop paying his wage. Also, Krancjar I just can't see the benefit of his ongoing involvement any more.   

4 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Would agree it is a training match and can't lead too much into it....

In spite of injuries to Jack and McRorie, losing Pena and the return of Halliday, MOH with addition of Goss and Murphy has brought a lot more balance and options to our squad. Windass hasn't played much in his preferred position whereas now we have seen him using his pace behind Morelos, where also MOH can make an impact as opposed to sticking him on the wing which we did before. We haven't seen much from Murphy but he can play up top or on the left and for me will be a better option than Miller there. 

Although not the greatest player, id much rather we have someone like Halliday as a squad option as for me attitude is just as important as ability to be a Rangers player. He will be a positive influence off the park and you know he'll try on it when needed. 

Negatives for me are the ongoing presence of Dalcio, i'm puzzled that someone like Pena has gone ahead of Dalcio who has offered nothing. Surely we need to be cancelling his loan soon and stop paying his wage. Also, Krancjar I just can't see the benefit of his ongoing involvement any more.   

The Dalcio part. We can't terminate his loan deal as it will cost us his wages till end of season. So unless a team come in for him we will be landed with him till end of season. I'm hoping only reason he played last night was to put him in shop window for another club to try get him on loan 

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

Dalcio still being here ahead of Pena isn't puzzling, Benfica don't want him back and want us to keep paying his wage, we can't send him back until Benfica agree to take him back. The parent club of the loanee has the power, like us recalling Halliday. Only if Benfica can sell the player in this window will he go. Until then the boy should be on the sidelines/u20s. 

Kranjcar will hopefully agree to mutually cancelling his contract once we can replace him with a Docherty or such. That's the only way he will go.

3 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

The Dalcio part. We can't terminate his loan deal as it will cost us his wages till end of season. So unless a team come in for him we will be landed with him till end of season. I'm hoping only reason he played last night was to put him in shop window for another club to try get him on loan 

Thought Dalcio was excellent from start to finish. Great to see a player with such ability, strength and versatility................ hahahahahaha

14 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

So that's us stuck with him them. 

22 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Kranjcar will hopefully agree to mutually cancelling his contract once we can replace him with a Docherty or such. That's the only way he will go.

I can't see him being too eager to agree to ending his career.

Archived