***Florida Cup Thread***

Captain Hilts

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Zetland said:

Hear it’s snowing in Florida. You can be Polar Bears. :thumbup:

It better bloody not be! I've just done a big wash and iron session and it's all shorts, t-shirts, shirts and light zippers

Btw while you are here and @govanblue that tenner I owe, just got my new bankcard through today so will PayPal next few days that tenner I owe across. Need to wait on PayPal sending an amount through to my online banking account to verify, that says it will take 3-days so will get it across asap.

Just now, K.A.I said:

It better bloody not be! I've just done a big wash and iron session and it's all shorts, t-shirts, shirts and light zippers

Btw while you are here and @govanblue that tenner I owe, just got my new bankcard through today so will link it to my PayPal next few days and send that tenner I owe across. Need to wait on PayPal sending an amount through to my online banking account to verify, that says it will take 3-days so will get it across asap.

Hear from you when the cards speak to each other. First snow in 29 years.......Mon the Polar Bears. :rangers:

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:20, Bears r us said:

Do you actually believe weather forecasts?   IMO even the very best of them are only really broadly good for the 24 hrs immediately after a forecast is posted.  Would not be entirely surprised if the weather bomb due for east coast of the USA did not produce very unseasonal weather even into next week even as far south as Florida.    Could be quite a run of sales of warm clothing over there.

32 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Do you actually believe weather forecasts?   IMO even the very best of them are only really broadly good for the 24 hrs immediately after a forecast is posted.  Would not be entirely surprised if the weather bomb due for east coast of the USA did not produce very unseasonal weather even into next week even as far south as Florida.    Could be quite a run of sales of warm clothing over there.

I watch a lot of forecasts RB, mainly on the BBC, but must admit never expect them to very accurate more than 48 hours ahead.

Anything after that is just a guide, but the 9:57 pm weather on BBC News 24 is a more detailed forecast and they do try a 10 day outlook every night and do a decent job some of the time.

This is probably one of the strangest   :offtopic:we have been involved in for a long time mate. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I watch a lot of forecasts RB, mainly on the BBC, but must admit never expect them to very accurate more than 48 hours ahead.

Anything after that is just a guide, but the 9:57 pm weather on BBC News 24 is a more detailed forecast and they do try a 10 day outlook every night and do a decent job some of the time.

This is probably one of the strangest   :offtopic:we have been involved in for a long time mate. :thumbsup:

'Tis the season for departing off the pathways into 'off topic' lands - just look at the other Forida location thread which started off nicely then got utterly hijacked into the realms of Scottish politics (or what passes for politics in Scotland these days).  So a wee weather forcasting diversion is ok in my book.    I worked on the project to move the Met Office from Bracknell to Exeter some years ago and discovered that despite having 2 of the most powerful super-computers in the UK to aid their forecasting the forecasts are not really much good other than for the next 24hrs.....and even then there can be quite big errors.     Just my impression and opinion of course.  Maybe they've got better in more recent times....... but I'm not convinced.   Don't think the USA forecasts beyond a 24 hour period are much better. 

Now, diversion over, back to football.  I hope we have a good tournament over there and the bears attending have a great time regardless of the weather, 

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

'Tis the season for departing off the pathways into 'off topic' lands - just look at the other Forida location thread which started off nicely then got utterly hijacked into the realms of Scottish politics (or what passes for politics in Scotland these days).  So a wee weather forcasting diversion is ok in my book.    I worked on the project to move the Met Office from Bracknell to Exeter some years ago and discovered that despite having 2 of the most powerful super-computers in the UK to aid their forecasting the forecasts are not really much good other than for the next 24hrs.....and even then there can be quite big errors.     Just my impression and opinion of course.  Maybe they've got better in more recent times....... but I'm not convinced.   Don't think the USA forecasts beyond a 24 hour period are much better. 

Now, diversion over, back to football.  I hope we have a good tournament over there and the bears attending have a great time regardless of the weather, 

If I had remembered about the off topic in the other Florida thread I would never have mentioned it RB :happy:

I grew up in Shetland and the weather is kinda ingrained into your being. I was just seeing the news tonight and the bit about the Braer oil tanker, to my surprise it was 25 years today since it went aground and I remember arriving at the fire station at the airport about 6:20 am to be met by our local policeman to say a tanker was drifting close to Sumburgh Head, the next few days were incredible and the wind never eased for three or four days.

Sorry for that latest diversion and yes I do hope the lads do well. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

When was the squad flying out?  Was it today (Friday)?  If so did anyone see them at the airport(s) and any news on which players were not on the flight.........maybe because they might be transferring out?    

I know Morelos in the moment is here in Colombia so maybe he join with the team when they arrive to Florida. 

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:52, K.A.I said:

it better bloody not be! I've just done a big wash and iron session and it's all shorts, t-shirts, shirts and light zippers

KAI the iguanas are falling out of trees because its so cold there at the moment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2018/01/04/iguanas-are-falling-out-of-trees-in-florida-because-its-so-cold-please-dont-pick-them-up/?utm_term=.e4047b113c45

1 hour ago, Basrah Bear said:

I seen that couldn't stop laughing they're told not to pick them up cos they thaw out and come back to life and bite ye :lol:

Regardless the forecasts from Monday onwards where we are staying in Kissimmee says it will be mild and overcast. 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Cheers mate, I am not going but hope the weather does improve for all those who are. :thumbup:

Temp here tonight is -22.2  deg C so Florida will be really hot in comparison, can't wait!  :rangers:

Archived